Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (StephSpencer27)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-20-2017, 6:34 PM Reply   
Help - I'm looking for your opinions on what used wakeboard boat to buy. This boat will be used at a family camp on a large private lake that DOES NOT allow wake surfing. So many threads consider surfing so heavily that I thought my question hadn't really been answered - at least in the many threads I've read.

The boat needs to be wake board capable (again, no surfing allowed on the lake), although most riders at the camp are not throwing flips. Water sports are not the main activity at the camp so only one or two groups typically go out each day. While the boat must be good for wake boarding, it will spend more time transporting camp guests for "lake cruises", etc. so I am hoping to seat at least 14 or 15 people for that purpose (not for wake boarding when there are 4 or 5 passengers total in addition to the rider). The budget is uncertain at this point so I welcome thoughts from the top end down to probably the mid range boats. There is some value to have a "top" brand name associated with the camp but that isn't the only factor in choosing the boat. So far I am finding boats 2012 or newer, including: Axis 22, 24, T-28; Malibu 22 MXZ, 23 LSV, 25 LSV; Mastercraft X-23, x25, x-30, x-45, x-46; Nautique G23 and G3; and Tige RZ2, RZ4, RZX, Z3 and ASR. This list is overwhelming me and is really just a compilation of what I am finding for sale online....and that's why I need your help to narrow the options. I am not a wake boarded but have agreed to help with this search. I'm sure I am missing brands I should consider. Thanks for your thoughts.