Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Axis22            01-27-2013, 4:20 AM Reply   
Looking for info on picking the best 2013 pro model wakeboard
Old     (jtiblier123)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-27-2013, 5:19 AM Reply   
Last season I rode a Ronix Viva (broken), Ronix Phoenix (broken), LF Shane Hybrid and now I am riding the Ronix District Park Edition (Behind my boat as well).

Here is a list off all of the boards I have ridden (the Ronix District is the best)
Hyperlite
-murray
-franchise
-B-Side
-Union

Liquid Force
-team trip
-2010 Lyman
-Harley
-Shane Hybrid
-Tex

Ronix
-Ibex 2009
-All generations of the Ronix One ATR
-Viva*
-Phoenix S
-Phoenix
-District

Between all of those boards the District is by far the best. You have to demo the board to understand how forgiving this thing is. I have landed so many tricks on the wrong edge or with too much momentum and I am able to ride away easily with this board.There is also a good bit of surface area, so its great for slower speeds at the cable, but it also releases from the wake with a ton of upward momentum behind the boat. Its like the board gets pushed up into your body as you are in the air. It rides high and flies high.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-27-2013, 5:36 AM Reply   
You still have plenty of boards to explore Obrien,Slingshot,CWB,Phlanax and Jobe.Just to name a few.
Old    Axis22            01-27-2013, 5:40 AM Reply   
Ok and that board is not even as high priced as the other boards
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-27-2013, 9:16 AM Reply   
Why does it have to be a pro model? Tell us more about your riding style, what you want out of the board, where you usually ride, etc.
Old    Axis22            01-27-2013, 11:46 AM Reply   
I ride behind the boat mostly looking for something that has Serious pop aggressive edge and soft landings I ride ronix one now just looking for something not has heavy easy to spin and flip around on
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-27-2013, 1:29 PM Reply   
Then you def just described a slingshot Hooke/kine or recoil... Super low swing weight and super soft landings with a big ol donkey kick at the wake
Only thing is you have to make the edge work for you, you've gotta lock it up it won't do it for you, I came off a ronix one and I'm not looking back
Old    Axis22            01-27-2013, 1:39 PM Reply   
Yea I like the slingshot Lyman
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-27-2013, 1:56 PM Reply   
Not often that I agree with Simple J but I have to say wow to the Slingshot Hooke! Picked one up in Dec so only got to ride it a few times before I was forced to winterize. Serious pop and just so sweet feeling on the water. That board has me longing for spring!

Btw what's that wake and how's the boat loaded?
Old    Axis22            01-27-2013, 2:58 PM Reply   
2012 Axis A22 all factory hard tanks full two 450 plug n play back v drive lockers and a 1000 arrow bag up front auto set wedge down
Old     (BorderBoarder)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-27-2013, 8:53 PM Reply   
Another vote for Slingshot, I loved the ride of the Ronix boards and their warranty was excellent but I broke 5 in a season. Lyman has been awesome so far..You still have plenty of other brands/options to explore though.
Old    Axis22            01-28-2013, 3:47 AM Reply   
Has anyone tried the phalanx boards if so could you give some Input on how they Perform
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-05-2013, 8:02 AM Reply   
Seth, I ride the Phalanx CW385. It has a loose feel, but locks on edge when you want it to. Good, consistent pop, and nice soft landings. Plus it's pretty much indestructible. Hit me up if you want more info!
Old     (jtiblier123)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-11-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
Slingshot is a great brand, and I have only ridden the recoil so I cannot say much, but it seems to me that you are looking for a traditional boat board, although flex boards have become prevalent behind the boat, they ride very different than your ronix one. I wouldnt go with slingshot just because you already ride a more traditional board (Ronix One) and slingshot boards are anything but traditional. They are great boards, but definitely takes a couple of sets to get used to.
Ronix District is where it's at.
Old     (MattAlz33)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-11-2013, 7:30 AM Reply   
Hyperlite Marek, Bio or Nova; fast, pop, and soft landings!
Old     (natepribyl)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-11-2013, 9:20 PM Reply   
What about the new Ronix Code 22 Board .... Feedback? Big guy looking for some straight vertical pop. Tried the Ronix one and was not a huge fan, found the LF Watson to be best so far...