Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-12-2009, 11:24 AM Reply   
http://www.sacbee.com/latest/story/2103611.html

lame a$$ CA.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-12-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
another reason why I wont go to Anderson anymore..
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-12-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
Better than shutting down the parks like was previously proposed! CA may be lame and increasing fees etc but at least they are still available.
Old     (rubin)      Join Date: May 2006       08-12-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
Anderson is a county park
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-13-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
I have always thought that the day use parking fees were way too cheap to start with. At a park that has a steady stream of vehicles entering or exiting there can be a significant collection at the entry kiosk but at many parks I figure they don't collect enough to pay for the ranger sitting in the booth.

$5 to bring a car load of people in, launch, park, enjoy the day seems like a deal to me.

Rod
Old     (trinab)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-13-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
Dude, its a $5 increase, not an increase to $5. It is currently $8 for a vehicle at Folsom, $15 for vehicle plus boat. That means it could cost as much as $20 to launch your boat for the day. I'm glad I already have my annual pass...
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-13-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
so 20 is to much to pay. How about if they closed it altogther?? Most launches around here are 15-20 dollars anyhow. At least some of that goes toward the park itself at folsom.
Old     (ryker1)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-13-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
The problem is that the only reason for raising the fees to parks is that CA legislators can't balance a budget and have way to many entitlement programs.

If from inception park fees went 100% to the park and I didn't have to pay higher taxes to cover any difference then I'd be fine with the park fee's matching the cost to operate said park. This doesnt' happen.

In CA we have to pay registration fees for dirt bikes. Those fees have been collected since the 70's and the way they got those fees approved was a bunch of talk about how the fees would be used to open new riding areas and maintain existing ones. Since that time no new parks have opened and some existing ones have closed. For a long time those fee's generated money way in excess of the requirements of the parks and rangers for dirt bike riding and so they just put that money in the general fund.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-13-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
In a perfect world that makes sense chad.

But we all know its not. It is what it is.
Just pay it and be glad we have that option still

(Message edited by nsolis220 on August 13, 2009)
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-13-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   

Or fight it and make it right! Since when was it okay for the government to dictate to the people how THEIR taxes are used? Nick, your attitude scares me!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-13-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
P.S. A buddy at one of the parks getting shut down informed me that it costs MORE to shut the park down than leave it open. They are going to hire security to keep the public from entering the park. This security costs a LOT more than the rangers themselves. Add to that the loss in the revenues which offset the ranger's salaries and its a net loss decision...again a brilliant decision by our government!
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-13-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
its called being realistic man. Again 20 is chump change who cares. Most launches are 2o dollars anyhow.
Bright side better water and less power turners
Old     (drilldaddy78)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-13-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
Do you think that Ca might make some of these parks open to private buyers? I live in Bakersfield and have 50 acres. Been thinking about making a small lake for a cable park. If a company with the means could purchase or even lease and run for the state it could be a win win. May cost more than it does now but at least there will still be somewhere to go.