Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Anim8or)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-24-2016, 12:53 PM Reply   
I have a sunlight damaged Perfect Pass Pro Series that is in need of replacement....speed is not readable when the gauge is in shadows. I think its about 8 or 9 years old. According to my mechanic, the new displays that Perfect Pass sells are incompatible with my master module, so I'd need to buy a whole new system (not really eager to do that, since everything else works fine). Does anyone know of a source where I can get a compatible display screen from, or possibly a broken display that I could take the LCD out from and transplant into my gauge? I have checked ebay and have not seen this particular model, unfortunately.

I've attached a pic of the gauge. obviously I'd like to get one of similar style/color.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Attached Images

Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-24-2016, 12:56 PM Reply   
That's a dual line which is the same as what is currently being sold ring perfectpass directly as I suspect you may find they are wrong.
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-24-2016, 2:58 PM Reply   
In my mastercraft (2008) I had the same thing happen and I just replaced the screen and it works fine now, it's was $250 or something from the dealer. The dealer did call perfect pass and ask them if it would work or not before hand.

Cheers,
DC
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-24-2016, 7:31 PM Reply   
I think your mechanic is trying to sell you something. If you just call PP and explain what you need, you should be able to order directly from them.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2016, 1:07 PM Reply   
Call PP directly
Old     (Anim8or)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-25-2016, 6:43 PM Reply   
Thanks, I emailed perfect pass but haven't heard back yet. The mechanic claimed that he called perfect pass with the serial number on the gauge and they said it wasn't compatible with the new gauges.

My perfect pass is from before the stargazer gps type perfect pass systems came out, mine relies on a paddle wheel to tell the speed. Dennis, does yours operate that way, or is it gps based?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-28-2016, 12:04 AM Reply   
Call PP directly x3, they have very good service. Have you tried adjusting the contrast? It's in the settings, press menu and up arrow at the same time then menu, menu. That should get you to the settings. not sure if I am pressing menu too many times. Download the manual from the perfect pass website if you have not done it yet.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-28-2016, 7:17 PM Reply   
X4 on CALL PERFECT PASS
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-28-2016, 9:07 PM Reply   
Mike, I would call them instead of waiting for a reply to your email. They have great customer service and it will go much faster if you speak with them.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       07-30-2016, 6:16 AM Reply   
I have the Wakeboard Pro (paddlewheel) system and had an issue with the screen shortly after ordering. They sent me a new screen which looks the same as the old one that had Wakeboard Pro across hte top, but says Stargazer instead. The actual screen part of the gauge and buttons looks the same as yours, works fine. This was several years ago when I ordered the system new, but I don't think their offerings have changed.
Old     (Anim8or)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-03-2016, 11:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help, everybody. Mikeski, you were right, it was just the contrast! I wouldn't have guessed it since the screen was very unevenly dark, but that fixed it!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2016, 5:23 AM Reply   
Mikeski for the WIN
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-24-2016, 12:21 AM Reply   
Shortly after posting this my display started acting up, unfortunately mine is not a contrast issue it looks like it's snowing pixels then it goes completely blank. I called PP and my display is no longer produced, the replacement display also requires a new master module! So it's a $500 fix, grrrr.

Almost 10 years ago I had the idea to put a PP control in the back of the boat and I did. I think it was $200 for the square box control and $50 for a Y cable. The idea was I could adjust the PP from the when I already had my ski or wakeboard on after realizing I forgot to change modes without leaving the swim platform. After a couple summers I stopped using it and eventually just pulled it out. Since I already have this one, I just rerouted the cable back up to the helm, now I have two controllers in case the one in the dash goes blank again. If the one in the dash keeps it up I will try to build one working in dash controller with these two controllers.

If you have one with the wiggly W, don't spray it with water or you could have issues!
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-24-2016, 2:01 AM Reply   
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PerfectPass-...lXhtC9&vxp=mtr
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-24-2016, 3:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski View Post
Shortly after posting this my display started acting up, unfortunately mine is not a contrast issue it looks like it's snowing pixels then it goes completely blank. I called PP and my display is no longer produced, the replacement display also requires a new master module! So it's a $500 fix, grrrr.

Almost 10 years ago I had the idea to put a PP control in the back of the boat and I did. I think it was $200 for the square box control and $50 for a Y cable. The idea was I could adjust the PP from the when I already had my ski or wakeboard on after realizing I forgot to change modes without leaving the swim platform. After a couple summers I stopped using it and eventually just pulled it out. Since I already have this one, I just rerouted the cable back up to the helm, now I have two controllers in case the one in the dash goes blank again. If the one in the dash keeps it up I will try to build one working in dash controller with these two controllers.

If you have one with the wiggly W, don't spray it with water or you could have issues!
Interesting. Yesterday I started the boat and the PP display was blank. Pushed on/off button and it came back like normal. Hope it was just a fluke, I've never seen it do that before.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-24-2016, 6:26 AM Reply   
Cory, I have issues with my display disappearing sometimes. I have an older Wakeboard pro that has the removable chip. My sub will actually rattle the chip loose and so I have to re-seat the chip. Just something to look at if it happens again.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-24-2016, 7:23 AM Reply   
Also older ones with the green screen will go blank form moister. My cover needs to be replace now and if it rains hard the screen will go blank until it dries out. It still works you just don't know what speed you have it set on.

And if your voltage is low on your batteries it will do the same thing. I had this problem with an alternator that was going bad and wasn't charging the batteries. once the voltage drops the screen will start going blank.