Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-15-2017, 9:13 AM Reply   
Ok this task is lame! Checking tire pressure sucks but it needs to be done. It's one of those tasks that I Hate doing. Well I just figured out now, I have been doing it wrong all this time. Well not wrong just inconvenient. I guess from back in Junior High when I rode BMX bikes and was a mechanic and was introduced to the small "air chuck" for filling BMX tires that's what I always used as a adult and then I would check the air in the tires with a air gauge bottom of my. (Photo)
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-15-2017, 9:17 AM Reply   
Well seeing as how most gas stations have the Worst ghetto cheep a$$ air fill stations and I has a slow leek in my tire and my TPS dash light comes on every 3weeks reminding me I need to get my tire fixed and how much I hate filling tires I decided to research a better inflator well I came across this one on Amazon. This this is Magic!
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-15-2017, 9:20 AM Reply   
First off the chuck locks to the valve (no more having to press the chuck into the valve) the pistol grip is great. Comfortable and feels natural.
The LCD gauge is bright even in direct sunlight. The chrome button in the center just below the gauge lets air out.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-15-2017, 9:25 AM Reply   
Runs on 2 AAA batterys and the seal on the back seems water resistant.
Now comes the disclaimer. I can see this thing breaking easy if your a dumb a$$. You know the kind of person that thrown things on the ground or you drive over things, (this thing is no Snap On Quality) or if you have kids, or a air hose that's on one of those retractor things that is just begging to retract and whip the crap out of your car or boat or what ever. But if your a "sophisticated gentleman"
I could see you enjoying this LOL LOL
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-15-2017, 12:02 PM Reply   
I digs. Especially chuck lock. always airing up and down on my jeep and this thing is on my list. Thanks chocolate
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-15-2017, 2:11 PM Reply   
I forget to attach the link

$25 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LK...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-16-2017, 11:39 AM Reply   
all I can say is Hecho in China. Probably won't last long.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-16-2017, 12:18 PM Reply   
^ I agree China is not my first pic on the list of Quality items. Some things Last and other things seem to hang in there. I'll report back or if you have a link to a better made one let us know
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-17-2017, 1:02 AM Reply   
Hahahaha. I just got one similar to that myself. After years of using the old school. I'm loving that little digital one. Needed mine for my 4 wheelers. My old tire gauge only goes down to 10 psi. I run 4-8 in my atv.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2017, 6:55 AM Reply   
Will he accurately do below 10 for ATV and bike tires? I have about (5) valves and don't love any of them
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-22-2017, 7:34 AM Reply   
Ordered one. Let's see how good it is
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-22-2017, 8:33 AM Reply   
LOL I showed it to my brother and he was like this thing is cool. Thank You!
I found the same one for $17 so I ordered a few more.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-22-2017, 10:05 AM Reply   
yup, gotta use a low pressure gauge for Jeep tires. If it reads accurately downto 5 I'm all over it
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-23-2017, 2:47 AM Reply   
I don't know how accurate it is. But it definitely reads below 5 psi. Like i said. I love mine. I believe I got the $17-$18 one
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-05-2017, 5:45 PM Reply   
Mine works like a champ too. Thanks for the post
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-08-2017, 9:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I found the same one for $17 so I ordered a few more.
Do you have a link for this one?
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-12-2017, 4:44 PM Reply   
I use a Longacre gauge/inflator for everything except the trucks which this gauge doesn't go high enough for. Easy to read, use, and accurate. I may add a locking chuck at some point for convenience but it's so nice having a quality fill gauge.

https://www.amazon.com/Longacre-Quic.../dp/B001D1WV7A
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-12-2017, 6:26 PM Reply   
LOL good old Amazon.
They jacked up the price since I bought it. Have you guys ever had that happen to you. You look at at a Item. Amazon can see your thinking about it by your browsing history. And they jack up the price. If you log out of your Amazon account and look up the same item "not singend in" the item drops in price. The min you log back in to buy it the price go's back up!
Attached Images

Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-14-2017, 10:38 AM Reply   
Has anybody checked the accuracy on at least two other guages. I don't trust any of them, analog or traditional pencil style. I certainly don't trust the built in guage on bicycle floor pumps, mine reads no less than 7PSI difference against an analog dial indicator (which I tend to trust)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2017, 3:54 PM Reply   
When I checked against my pencil style gauge it was with in 1 pound. But I have no Idea how accurate the pencil gauge is I don't know?
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-15-2017, 10:58 AM Reply   
One thing to be aware of with digital tools such as air gauges and calipers is when the battery voltage drops the readings will not be accurate. High quality digital tools will typically (but not always) have a low battery warning or simply not work when voltage is too low for accurate readings. I'd guess for $28 you're probably not getting that, so check the battery often particularly if using for something where accurate pressure is critical such as motorcycle tires.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-16-2017, 9:35 AM Reply   
^^^ I agree 100%. This $17 filler and gauge is NO substitute for a Legit gauge when tire pressure by 1-2 pounds is Critical like in motorcycle racing. You can always use El Cheepo to get I. The ballpark and then use a Legit on to double make sure

For motorcycle racing here is what my buddy uses. Even with this Legit gauge he says he even uses a 2nd one to make sure his first one is telling the truth. I guess when your going 150 Mph on 2 wheels inches off the ground and your life depends on it your more skeptical
Attached Images