Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-21-2013, 12:52 AM Reply   
Hi all, hoping I can gain a little advice. The rev counter/tachometer on my 2000 Xstar is pretty much pegged out beyond 6000 rpm. When the engine is running it dances around a little (so the needle is not stuck), but it's off the scale. When the engine is off, the needle still sits off the scale beyond 6000rpm. I have perfect pass so can read the RPM from there (same pickup but upstream of the MDC) but aesthetically, I like to see the gauges all work. Is this a common issue, and if so am I better off trying replacing the tachometer first (although I guess I will loose the hr reading) or is it likely the MDC? From what I have read , MDC failures normally hit all the gauges, not just one. BTW, all other gauges work fine apart from one speedo which was also "frozen".