Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-24-2017, 5:05 PM Reply   
Just another of many coming here to tap into this incredible knowledge base. Never spent any time on watersports but went to Powell with friends and picked up surfing really quickly behind their Calabria. Went to McConoughy a few weeks later and just as much fun on our friends Four Winns TS242. The entire family had a great time surfing and consequently, have been shopping for boats ever since. I have read and reread many threads of people looking for the same think I am, a great surf wake. This will be my first boat and narrowed it down to a few.

I am focused right now on a 2005 Supra 24ssv. Seems like just the right fit. Not close, but I have no problem driving. Looked for Avalanche's, Enzo's, and came close to pulling the trigger on a Supreme 22v but the 24 foot Supra seems like my best option.

Any thoughts or comments? Just looking for some validation.

Much appreciated.
Old     (Rusty1977)      Join Date: Mar 2017       09-24-2017, 5:13 PM Reply   
There are two forums. Moomba is very active and includes a ton of Supra owners. I would check it out first. Supra has a forum as well but not as active on the newer boats as the moomba site.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2017, 6:14 AM Reply   
I have a 2006 Supra 24V Sunsport. It's the same boat as the 24ssv without all the stickers, and they do offer it with a different bow that doesn't have the center ballast. (You do not want this option). So if you like the 24ssv you can look for a 24v from 2005 to 2009 I think is the last year. And get the same boat just make sure it has a play pen bow.

I run the stock 1050 center bag plus 1100's on each side of the engine in the back. I also have about 600 pound of lead in the boat. Surf wake with a Nauticurl is really really good. And I love the wake board wake at 22.5 full ballast. With no ballast it will clean up at about 18.5 with out a lot of people in the boat.

The ballast system back then was really slow so if it's stock that would be the first thing I would up grade. Also the smaller engine which is the Indmar assault, I have this one. Has a been known to vapor lock on really hot days if your just sitting there and not running the blower. But the easy fix for that is to dump cold water on the fuel pump and it will fire right up. In 7 years of owning my boat it's only happen 2 twice and it fried right up after I cooled off the fuel pump.

PM me if you have any questions.
Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 8:28 AM Reply   
Thanks. That is good information. My other option is an 05 Tige 22v that is much closer. For roughly the same money the Supra 24ssv seems like a lot more boat. Really just boils down to the surf wave.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2017, 8:41 AM Reply   
Terrible angle but this is just with my wife and two year old in the boat. It not the tallest but it's really long.
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-25-2017, 9:29 AM Reply   
If storage isn't an issue -- nobody ever said, "I wish I got the shorter boat"
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2017, 11:15 AM Reply   
You'ed be surprised how fast even a 24 foot boat fills up. I'll never go below 23' again.
Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 1:12 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the information. Looks like I am proceeding. If it goes through I'm sure I'll have many more questions. If not, I will be back with more questions on different options. Any more helpful information on Supra 24ssv's would be appreciated.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2017, 1:24 PM Reply   
Ask if It's got the upgraded Roswell swivel for the board racks. If they have push buttons to unlock them, they are the old ones that would release on there own a swivel around. Which could hit somebody in the head with a wakeboard. Roswell replaced them for free for awhile. But that deal isn't available any more. It's about 100 bucks for each rack to replace them. The new ones have a big pin, you pull out to release them.
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-25-2017, 5:41 PM Reply   
24 SSV is a great boat. Watch for extensive, and I mean extensive, gel coat cracks. The tower is clunky to operate on your own if garage use is in your future. Single pump sprinkler valve ballast system leaves a lot to be desired and he s probably best just ripped out and redone.

Still...small things on an otherwise great boat.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-25-2017, 9:22 PM Reply   
The supra is definitely a lot of boat for the money. If you are looking for advice it would help to know your budget. Based on the boat you mentioned I'm guessing ~$30k.

Since you mentioned the enzo, its worth considering for sure. Centurion invented the modern wakesurf boat with the enzo. Here's a nice looking example with low hours for a really good price. https://www.onlyinboards.com/2005-Ce...gon-70462.aspx
Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-25-2017, 10:17 PM Reply   
Appreciate the link on the enzo and if anyone else has options, send them along. Spoke with the dealer on that boat a week or so ago. While a good price, no prefect pass and a few other issues that caused me some concern. Dealer was honest and forthcoming with condition and issues. The supra I'm looking at has under 300 hours and moving forward with the purchase.

Yes, sub 30k is my budget.