Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-03-2009, 10:23 PM Reply   
Tell me what you think of the photo's... My wife is a trooper and put up with way to many shots and the bugs with the lights. I entered these 3 photo's in their photo contest in hopes to win the grand prize (Still don't know what that is). This is not promo since to company brand and name is in the photo's, just thought it might help my chances. Let me know what you think!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-08-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
instead of a solid black background, I would have used a gradiant or other shade of black.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-08-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
Rich ~~ They were shot at night and I didn't want my neighbors yard in the background. I would have no idea how to change it to Gradient or any other shade through photo shop. I got some with the sky in the background that we shot during the day, give me a sec and I will post a couple of them.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-08-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
Here are the day shots!

Upload

Upload
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-08-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
I would try lifestyle shots instead of a roam on a trampoline. There is no life to that photo because there is nothing to reference. Just some guy with with some watch on!

The reason they are doing this contest is to get almost free use of everyone's photos versus paying a professional to get photos.

So with that knowledge try and shoot something with an editorial feel to it and you will have a shot!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-08-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
Thanks Riley!

It was my idea to use the watch, the contest is to grab up stickers from a local shop and start shooting. I took the extra step and contacted Rockwell to see if they have a Demo or Broken watch that I can use and they hooked me up with a fully functional watch. I have to give it back or course but I figure I can get an edge with the actual product. I agree on getting use of everyone's photo's for the business. Can you shoot me a couple of ideas for a shot that I should look at, I'm a point and shoot type of guy and could use a few pointers.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-08-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
Find a young 18-24 pretty girl put her in some hot clothing short skirt something like that go find an abandoned road somewhere out there in utah have her stand against a stop sign on the road with a sticker on the stop sign. Shoot different angles. Make sure you get the feet though! Nothing worse than a model with cut off feet or hands or legs.

Thats the first idea that popped in my head
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-08-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
GREAT idea!
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
Updates needed on young 18-24 pretty girl asap!