Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-02-2011, 10:11 AM Reply   
Whos racing?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-02-2011, 11:01 AM Reply   
PS3 just got the old yellow light of death. lame.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-02-2011, 2:27 PM Reply   
I've been thinking of picking it up, how is it? I've herd mixed reviews...
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-02-2011, 2:56 PM Reply   
its incredible!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-02-2011, 5:16 PM Reply   
I have been playing the story mode.
No online yet.
I think this game is great.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-02-2011, 5:27 PM Reply   
I'm waiting for the price to drop a bit. I still have a hard tome shelling out $50-$60 for a game. A friend lent me the new Need for speed and the driving is horrible compared to the Gran Turismo games.

Also on the want list is Dead Space 2. DS1 was great.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-02-2011, 5:43 PM Reply   
Need for speed shift is fun and I think there is a 2nd one coming sometime soon.

The worst part of GT5 are the horrible huge updates. Be prepared when you bring it home that you are going to have to it update all night before you can play.

I got a steering wheel and it makes the experience even that much better.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-03-2011, 7:48 AM Reply   
Play the entire or most of the A-spec up until you open up the Endurance series races. That way, you will have a stacked garage and have all your cars flipped out. Youll need them when you get online. Make sure you always buy the fully adjustable tranny - that way you can adjust your gear ratios for more top end or lower end speed for each car.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-03-2011, 7:48 AM Reply   
yes, updates suck - i think ive only had to do 3 since I started playing a few months ago.