Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-14-2011, 12:45 PM Reply   
Simple concept that could have made someone rich(the swim platform).

http://www.cobaltboats.com/v11/index.php

ah. Couldn't link to the video. Its along the bottom. Sorry.
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-14-2011, 1:09 PM Reply   
go research the automatic swim deck on their A-25
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-14-2011, 1:18 PM Reply   
That's pretty slick! Cobalt builds some nice stuff, that's for sure!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-14-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   
I have seen the auto swim deck, but I think the new non auto will be way more popular. It kind of negates the expense.
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-14-2011, 1:32 PM Reply   
really... is it that exciting?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-14-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Exciting, not really. Useful, yes.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-14-2011, 2:07 PM Reply   
too bad the 262WSS is $106k..

Nice ass boat for the non-hardcore rider with a family.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
That shelf on the swim platform would be a big hit with our group.
Old     (dhcomp1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-14-2011, 2:51 PM Reply   
The retractable dock lines and stainless fender mount things are sweet.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-14-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
you guys would actually want this on your wakeboard boat? not me, i like my swim platform just the way it is, simple design, no geriatric swim step needed.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-14-2011, 4:13 PM Reply   
You don't have to fold down the step if you don't want to but it would be nice for people like my parents that come on the boat and have a little bit of trouble getting up on the platform.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-14-2011, 6:47 PM Reply   
you do not need that if your boat is slumpin... your stock step will be well below water level
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-14-2011, 7:45 PM Reply   
I guess its a good idea, but I wouldnt need it or want it.....my swim platform already sits about a foot under water on the port side when we are surfing.... I like the look of a teak platform too, that wouldnt be easily incorporated into a wooden design.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-14-2011, 8:01 PM Reply   
Honestly its easy enought to get on and get out of the actual swim platform right now as it is, if its now guys .... ADD MORE WEIGHT to the boat or ....... loose weights yourself !!!!

For me what i think really really interesting its the docking lines retractable that you dont have to run across the boat and find under a seat to tie the boat up, thats a great sweat inovation ! +1 on that Cobalt.

Last edited by radikal; 02-14-2011 at 8:03 PM. Reason: ok
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       02-15-2011, 7:27 AM Reply   
I like the retractable dock lines myself...
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-15-2011, 8:41 AM Reply   
pretty slick! Colbalt makes a nice boat... +1 dock lines
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-15-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
My point was that its a simple invention that if thought up by a third party, could easily be sold to I/O markets. I/O swim decks don't typically sit at water level like wakeboats.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       02-15-2011, 5:44 PM Reply   
Personally I'm a less is more kind of guy. I don't care for any of those features in that video. *Maybe* the quick release pins for bumpers, but I wouldn't trust them so much as a knot on a grab rail or cleat. That's easier too, as you'll need to adjust for different height docks or rafting anyhow.

Maybe for older folks who have trouble getting in and out of the boat that fold down swim step would be attractive, but then every I/O I've had before getting my inboard had a flip down ladder of some sort. Even if not, on an I/O you can use the outdrive as a step depending on the platform. Not really new, just a different type of ladder really. I'm with Joey though, I much prefer a teak platform. Sadly my Supra has fiberglass but I keep my eyes open for a teak platform from an earlier model Supra that will just bolt right up and match the transom lines.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       02-15-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
I think the swim platform/ step was a pretty cool Idea. I think it was real creative yet simple. I like stuff like that. Would I want it on my boat.....yes. When my wife has to take a piss in the lake she can sit her sweet little butt on that think in the water and get the job done. lol. Sometimes it is hard for the real young kids to climb into the boat. I would buy it. Sorry to all that say they wouldn't, I guess I am not as hard core of a boarder.

This site always cracks me up with all that like to argue over everything. The point of the thread often gets lost.

Thanks again Paul.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       02-15-2011, 9:17 PM Reply   
I added a step under my platform for just that reason...easier for the kids to get back on the platform. (My 2010 Nautique 226 sits about 21/2 inches higher above the water...at rest.. at the platform than my 2005 did). I would take that step in a second.
Old     (Joe)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-26-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
Great Idea. I am sure that ski boats will see that feature in the near future.