Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       10-03-2014, 10:31 PM Reply   
Anyone know the average tower-up height, or possibly for a Sanger 215 specifically?
Im looking to buy a carport, or something of the like to put on my tv pad for winter storage.
Cover does great for summer, but I'm looking for full enclosure for winter.

(I know go slap a tape on it myself, but the boat is totally buttoned up and I'd rather pick everyone's brains first)

Appreciate any insight you can give.

Edit: tweaked my search criteria on the googles after thinking to google "average tower up height" like I should have in the first place.
Found the answers I needed. Carry on gentleman. ~12ft was the answer by the way.

Last edited by Jmorlan; 10-03-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-05-2014, 10:23 AM Reply   
I'm looking to do the same thing. I think I am gonna go with carports.com for mine.

FWIW, my 23' Moomba Mobius XLV is10'6" high on the trailer.

I think I am going to go the full 12' high on the carport with 1/2 sides on top. I'm going to go with the standard roof because it's the most cost effective. I'm going to go with the max width the spot in my back yard can accomodate (about 21') and make it as long as I can order it, because I might as well get the most covered storage space I can. I figure no one will ever complain about "too much storage". That way I can move things out of my 3rd bay and under the carport and in turn get to park the wife's Ridgeline in the garage too... (the M3 and the S6 have the first 2 bays and the Jeep/motorcycle take up the 3rd bay right now).

What are you thinking for your carport dimensions???
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-08-2014, 4:35 PM Reply   
All of them are pretty different. Some of the older Malibus with the Illusion tower were the lowest on the market and sat just under 9'6". Most others sit right around 10' on the trailer. Some of the bigger boats now probably sit over 10'. 9'-11' is probably the range.
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-09-2014, 12:26 PM Reply   
My previous boat was 10' +/- 1" and my current boat is probably about 10'4". In both cases I'm judging based on hitting or grazing the rim on a basketball hoop in my driveway. If I were building a garage, I'd want at least a 10'6" door or preferably an 11' door to have a little cushion and leave room for whatever that next generation of boats might do. Unless cost or aesthetics of a bigger door is dramatically different, too big is better that too tight or worse yet too short.