Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-17-2016, 7:39 AM Reply   
Can anyone explain to me how the bimini stays out of the bow when folding the tower on the pre '16 G series boats? I know the 16's have little shocks so that when the tower is folded forward the bimini raises and clears the bow. Any insight on the older models (13-15)? Thanks!
Old     (jgilson)      Join Date: Feb 2016       05-17-2016, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
Can anyone explain to me how the bimini stays out of the bow when folding the tower on the pre '16 G series boats? I know the 16's have little shocks so that when the tower is folded forward the bimini raises and clears the bow. Any insight on the older models (13-15)? Thanks!
It doesn’t. You have to physically hold it up while you lower the tower or it will just fall. Once the tower is down, you have to set the Bimini on the front cover support pole so it does not sit on the windshield. It is kind of an odd set up and usually requires two people.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-17-2016, 10:54 AM Reply   
Thanks. Pretty much what I was hoping to avoid. I don't like the idea of the 2 man operation. Wonder if the 16 shocks can be retro fitted to work with earlier years?
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-17-2016, 12:38 PM Reply   
Brett, I think you could do this on your own fairly easily. Could prob attached some shocks to the unit you have to hold it up and off the front of the boat. If you want I can take a few pictures and show where and how they are connected.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-19-2016, 7:10 PM Reply   
Mark, that would be great. Just whenever you get around to it! I appreciate it!
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-20-2016, 6:56 AM Reply   
Will get some pics for you this weekend when I get the boat out.
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-20-2016, 7:57 AM Reply   
I'm not sure about previous models but the 2015 has the shocks as well.
Old     (Bevostein)      Join Date: Oct 2015       05-20-2016, 10:45 AM Reply   
I have a 2013 G and was interested in adding shocks. From what I can tell the newer models have some threaded holes for the ball studs for the shocks to attach to. I don't think the earlier years have those threaded holes. Check yours. If you have those threaded holes it should be an easy addition. Here are the bimini instructions.

http://www.planetnautique.com/Correc...toryBimini.pdf
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-22-2016, 8:43 PM Reply   
It's definitely not a two person job. If you grab the front bar on the Bimini while in the bow and pull it forward to fold the tower, just push back on the Bimini as it lowers to keep it from slamming down. I do this by myself every time it goes in storage. I end up sitting in the front bow seat as it lowers and just keep pushing back on the tower with the Bimini and it works perfectly.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       05-23-2016, 1:13 PM Reply   
My friends 2013G23 exactly as above and he does it so fast it scares me thinking something is going to break , it's almost like he yanks it down by the bimini
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-23-2016, 4:44 PM Reply   
Yea, it's really easy and would assume the only way to get it down. There should be a lot of tension on the lines in the tower so it doesn't really take a lot of push back force to slow it down.