Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-11-2015, 9:54 AM Reply   
Has the Supra forum always been terrible. I have not seen one boat newer than a 2000 model and it's just extremely slow. Any certain reason? Where do I go to find good info on the new Supras 13' and up.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-11-2015, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
Has the Supra forum always been terrible. I have not seen one boat newer than a 2000 model and it's just extremely slow. Any certain reason? Where do I go to find good info on the new Supras 13' and up.
TheMalibucrew
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-11-2015, 12:07 PM Reply   
Yeah the supra forum never got much traction. Alot of the guys are on the moomba forum and yeah i have heard a bunch are on the malibu crew...
Old     (Supravol22)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-11-2015, 12:22 PM Reply   
Definitely migrate to the Moomba forum. Lots of Supra guys on there. One of the mods has a 15 SG. Most of the Moomba guys are pretty knowledgeable about the Supras too.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-11-2015, 12:28 PM Reply   
Thx
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2015, 10:45 AM Reply   
Same here I ask questions on the Moomba forum
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-12-2015, 6:09 PM Reply   
DTB the best group I have found is the Texas jam Facebook group. Which I think your familar with already.
Old     (Mxguy741)      Join Date: Nov 2013       07-12-2015, 8:04 PM Reply   
Dtb, can you share any details on the new SG? Considering one for my next ride
Old     (Mxguy741)      Join Date: Nov 2013       07-12-2015, 8:05 PM Reply   
Excuse me, SA. That is what you ordered right?
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-13-2015, 4:53 AM Reply   
Yes I ordered a SA.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-13-2015, 8:57 AM Reply   
Is the supra forum dying out because it's not working with tap-a-talk? I know I haven't been on there (several months) since it stopped working for me.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       07-13-2015, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
Is the supra forum dying out because it's not working with tap-a-talk? I know I haven't been on there (several months) since it stopped working for me.
Same here. Deleted and moved on. Posts from guys with new boats were few and far between.

I know Drew (Moderator on the Moomba forum) now has a Supra and some deep roots with the folks at Skiers Choice as do many others over there. I've sent many Supra guys there as it seems more active and more geared towards the Big 3 Mods (wake boarding, wake surfing, stereo).
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       07-14-2015, 5:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
I'm a regular over at the Supra forum. I've found the guys there very knowledgeable and helpful, a wealth of information on these boats. SupraBoats is like CCF but with fewer members likely because fewer boats were made as compared to CC or MC, mostly diehards with classic boats. Many restorations and stringer jobs. We don't touch that goofy new stuff. If you're having trouble with your new boat bring it back and have it fixed under warranty? Dealer should be able to give you any info you need? Not sure what exactly you'd need to do to a brand new boat other than regular maintenance or typical bolt on type stuff.

There are a few guys with new boats 2000 and up on the forum but they are not as many or as involved. Post your question and maybe someone will know?
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-14-2015, 5:19 AM Reply   
I was more looking for ballast set up help on newer hulls. It's all good.

I think what you guys are doing is great just not what I expected.

Thx
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-14-2015, 5:50 AM Reply   
Problem is that "goofy new stuff isn't under warranty any more"

I can ask about my 06 and get nothing. Then I can come here or go to the Moomba forum and get ton's of replies.
Old     (jmvotto)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-15-2015, 9:01 PM Reply   
Yeah. Moomba site gets much more traction for activity for what's new. Lots of guys have supras and other brands that still actively post that once owned a Moomba , it's a real good group.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       07-16-2015, 5:19 AM Reply   
Its true the Supra forum is mostly about older classics . But its not because the newer ones are shut out. There has always been a lac of participation with Supra owners especially the new boat owners. When they have reunion events its rare to see anything in the 2000s much less 2015. The Moomba forum is much more active . I dont know why the Supra guys are so unresponsive maybe they are all on the Moomba and Malibu forums?
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-16-2015, 6:09 AM Reply   
I have seen quite a few on other sites. I'm already on them so no big deal. Thanks
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-17-2015, 7:35 AM Reply   
I try to answer questions about what I know. I'm probably one of the few active 2000+ members. Definitely a slow forum. I stick to TT.