Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-07-2013, 12:09 PM Reply   
Amazing!

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-07-2013, 12:19 PM Reply   
That was crazy!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-07-2013, 12:32 PM Reply   
Very cool
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-07-2013, 4:45 PM Reply   
soooo sick!!! I love wrapped/cuffed tricks
Old     (winchinretention)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-08-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
Thiiisss is why wakeworld is lame.
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-08-2013, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by winchinretention View Post
Thiiisss is why wakeworld is lame.
What's wrong with it? I think it's pretty cool to see the guys across the pond put out some videos!
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       08-08-2013, 12:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToPHeR35 View Post
What's wrong with it? I think it's pretty cool to see the guys across the pond put out some videos!
Yeah man... Sharing each others stokedness for a sport that's not only challenging but fun! Why would you get off on saying that... Positive reinforcement...Not doucherie...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-08-2013, 12:38 PM Reply   
So sick! DAMN! I am blown away, never thought of trying a "cuffed" TS Spin before, got something to try tonight!

What up with SLOPPY! !?!?!?! lame comment.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-08-2013, 1:06 PM Reply   
that was impressive.... I cant even imagine charging topside cuffed... the spin was perfectly on axis too, sick.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-08-2013, 1:22 PM Reply   
Cuffed is so hot right now.. Cuffed.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-09-2013, 7:02 AM Reply   
There's a reason the slurpee isn't a staple in the wake scene. Cool trick and that he did this first, but you won't see it stick around.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-09-2013, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhyatt_ohp View Post
There's a reason the slurpee isn't a staple in the wake scene. Cool trick and that he did this first, but you won't see it stick around.
Maybe its because people can't do them. Why didn't the orbital 5 come back around? Can you imagine a HUGE orbital 5 on todays wakes with a poked grab, or an orbital 9? Toeside orbital?

I agree you won't see this trick much, but its innovative and the risk associated with spinning hard totally blind take off... seems like it could go very wrong very fast...
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-09-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
I grew up with Troy Navarro. We experimented with this approach a bunch in the 90s. Its actually a lot easier than you think once you get used to it. You get the advantage of squaring up on your approach like you do on heel side and you you are not blind at all--you turn your head and look directly at the wake. I don't really know why I stopped doing it, but I will bust out a slurpee and TS BS once in a blue moon.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-09-2013, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Maybe its because people can't do them. Why didn't the orbital 5 come back around? Can you imagine a HUGE orbital 5 on todays wakes with a poked grab, or an orbital 9? Toeside orbital?
Good point on the Orbital. still one of my fav trick of all time. I would love to see it come back The Scud (Darin Shapiro for those kids who just got into this sport) was the only one doing them. I would love to see them make a come back, that and his HS fronts to Blind's were incredible.

I never understand the negative views on any type of progression it just dumb to hate on it.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-09-2013, 2:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
Good point on the Orbital. still one of my fav trick of all time. I would love to see it come back The Scud (Darin Shapiro for those kids who just got into this sport) was the only one doing them. I would love to see them make a come back, that and his HS fronts to Blind's were incredible.

I never understand the negative views on any type of progression it just dumb to hate on it.
I would like to try a cuffed approach and see what happens. Probably crash but I bet its fun. Imagine a cuffed double mobe...
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-09-2013, 7:36 PM Reply   
I mean it's literally on my list to land one before I die....and it's a small list. I think this trick is sick.
http://www.wakeboard.com.sg/videos/h...anlavelle.html

*if i did land it i'd try to grab it nose on the way up, then try to grab it tail on the way down (after the "handlepass")
**there's no way I could do this but if someone could grab it nose on the way up and tail on the way down I think that'd be unreal.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-10-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
Wow..... that's something else! Didn't see that coming!