Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (86skier)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-09-2018, 4:56 PM Reply   
So I am having a wakemakers install the wakeplate system on my boat 2007 Sanger V-215.
I have few questions:

1. I have rear speedo tube pickups, would they still work or interfere with the wakeplates install

2. I have a perfect pass wakeboard PRO (mechincal type with paddle wheel under boat), can I still use this or do I need to upgrade to the GPS type (Stagazer Upgrade)

3. If I do the Stargazer upgrade, is it worth it to do the Zbox Add on?

4. If I do the Starzer/ Z box, what do I do with my RPM and Speedometer Guages, Can they rehook up to the Perefect pass system when disconnected from the rear speedo tubes.

Thanks

Craig
Old     (broncofan)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-10-2018, 10:42 AM Reply   
Why are you putting the wake plate on? I have a V215 also.
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-10-2018, 1:46 PM Reply   
Assume you're talking about GoSurf Assist

1. With the size and location of the plates, I would make the assumption that your pitots will be in the way. If you're going stargazer though, you could always replace your existing Speedo with one that will work off your paddlewheel signal.

2. You could still use the mechanical pro without any problem, but Stargazer's a nice upgrade.

3. Zbox is typically for slalom to replicate the zero-off pull, If you're just doing wake/surf, there's no good reason to do a Zbox upgrade.

4. RPM shouldn't go anywhere as it has nothing to do with the pitot tubes. As I mentioned above, you might need to look into alternative speedo options (GPS or paddlewheel compatible), or remove it altogether and use the spot for something else (i.e. radio remote, depth, etc.)
Old     (86skier)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-10-2018, 3:40 PM Reply   
Tom You nailed it thanks.

Yes that makes sense as the RPM gauge would be tied to the engine.