Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-02-2017, 4:47 PM Reply   
Here's my long story short.
I bought a tige in late 2016, had a really great deal and can't refuse it.
But that thing keep broking and that's not the only problem. It's more the local dealer that I have problem with. They are just too far (2hrs away) and they are'nt capable to support their customer.
Not enough doors and mechanic for the number of boat they sold and have to take care. Service guy is ALWAYS overwhelmed. Just one tigé dealer in the area so I'm stocked with them and very disappointed.
Now I'm pretty much focused on changing dealer and that meens changing brand..
I know I will loose a lot but what is loosing few K if you can do your favorite sport?
I already paid 75k for not doing boat at all and half season already gone.

So no question for me, no new tige.
i want a dealer that is NEAR that's my priority and who can solve problems when it come.
Second my lake have weight/length restriction 4400pounds dry or 22feet.
So That leave me couple choices
I can forget about all SAN Gseries and all centurion. they are all over wheighted or too long. Supra either.
I want something kind in the same range of mine too. And I am pretty obligated to take a new boat cause I make a trade-in and all dealer around that can fit my needs right now have pretty much nothing other than 2016-2017.
Keep in mind that my 2016 RZR costed me approx. 75k FULLY equipped and I don't really want to downgrade too.. I loved my boat, wake pretty amazing, interior and everything.
So not really in the mood to change for a Moomba (no offense still great boat)

So choices that I have are :
- Axis A22 2017 (approx. 80- 85k) A20 soldout
- Malibu 21 VLX 2016/2017 (approx. 100k) vtx20 are more expensive.
- Nautique 210 2017 (approx. 80k) gs20 more expensive

Nothing more stock that can fit my needs right now. And they are really approx numbers just talked thru the phone to give me some ideas between mine and others.
All in US money but I'm in Canada maybe boat prices are different haha..

Malibu/Axis dealer is known for always passing same range boats when it comes to issues that take more than a week to repair.
if tigé would do that WOW never had to change in mind! But they sadly don't.
Already spent 3 weeks without mine. And another 3 to come..
Nautique dealer have LOTS of doors and mechanic plus 4 more on the road. don't know if they passing boats but they're certainly capable to get any job done asap.

So what would you do in my position? Pretty much surfing all time
Never tried a Nautique 210 before, peobably gonna test drive it this weekend but few impression could be nice!
Axis.. not a big big fan, seems cheap a little bit for the price and have to keep in mind I'm gonna have to spend more on additional fatsac..
Malibu is great for sure But lot of money instead. Maybe a big pill to swallow now but maybe for the better.
OR keeping my rzr. Wish it's the last time something not working and enjoy it.
It's a great boat when it works and especially for the money.

On my lake all wakeboats are 80% wakesetter. The other 20% is moomba. No other. No axis, 1 tigé and maybe it's not a coincidence that I'm the only one with it haha.. so axis scares me a little bit cause of that. When I took the boat because nobody had one I screwed up totally lol. But in the other hand no axis because everyone seems to prefer spend more and have a top line wakesetter instead. But all the blings ain't really important to me, of the boat is nice, reliable and make a good surf wave I'm happy.

I'm kind of lost right now with the pos and cons. Thanks

Last edited by Mike88; 08-02-2017 at 4:50 PM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (Darkside)      Join Date: Apr 2015       08-02-2017, 5:08 PM Reply   
Wow your in a pickle! Malibu wave looks pretty, but is soft/mushy, if you are used to firmer wave you will be disappointed with a tatersetter.
You will also likely not see improved reliability, the newer BU seam to spend a good amount of time at the dealer. With my 2014 and 2015, every 3 hours run time meant a day in the shop. (Averaged over 2 boats, 400 hours)
So good luck with your search, just demo every thing you are considering.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-02-2017, 5:27 PM Reply   
how many issues have you had, you may be better off making a deal with the dealer and tige to buy back your boat and try the same model, could just be a lemon. or look for a few year old model thats no longer in production but meets the requirements sorry to hear your issue sucks
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-02-2017, 5:47 PM Reply   
Tige isn't taking their boat back. If I was in your situation I would buy a boat from dealership closest to me that I felt could meet my service needs. You can find a boat from any dealership that will meet your needs since all mfgrs have a boat that will do what you want for the most part...
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       08-02-2017, 6:12 PM Reply   
Ahhh man you were in every thread talking bout tige this and tige that and now your jumping ship!!! Cmon man!! Get in there and fix that **** yourself!
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-02-2017, 6:38 PM Reply   
Going from a Tigé to an Axis would be like going from a BMW to a Hyundai. Dont do it.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-02-2017, 7:07 PM Reply   
Thanks Brown I will certainly checked that. Appreciate.

Hey Doug,
yeah I thought about it. it was the first step I did. When I mention my dissatisfaction to the service the owner directly called me.
made a speach about being a priority right now.
Offer me a buy back and gave me a brand new rzr but the best deal the dealer can offer was just unacceptable.. 2017 line have increased a lot and the owner definitely doesn't want to buy back mine. A real joke even the Malibu dealer offered me more for my boat if taking a new simply on the phone.
Talking of issues it's not numbers. And it's not really against tige either.
I had water in one actuator of the taps few weeks after first drop on the water. Well made my 2hours road trip leave the boat on Monday and was ready next Monday.
After the touch screen begin to bug a little bit but just some times so I lived with it.
Things started when I hit a rock.. damaged the prop a little bit. So I went to the dealer fix the prop and my touch screen issue at the same time.
They decided to change the shaft either. Seems the shaft was damaged where the prop is even if the prop wasn't not damaged that bad.
This was my fault so I took the pill when they said it gonna take 2 weeks.
So 2 weeks passed no one ever called so I did. The service guy is always overwhelmed so never have the time talk much and I totally understand he want everyone to be happy. But my boat was not ready A part was not in stock, had to order it and not yet arrived. (don't know wich one they just change the shaft and the prop)
So third weekend passed without the boat so I called and yes the boat is ready since yesterday. Go pick it up, was happy to have my boat before my vacation. Drop the boat and 4hours on the water and the boat just stopped. Don't go forward, neighbor pull me to the dock. service guy told me to try 2 or 3 things just to see what it can be so it seems to be a major problem and I had to get the boat there..
2 days after they still had not the time to checked it yet. 3rd day the service guy told me the boat doesn't start at all. Maybe starter problem now, they tried to charge the batteries in case but that was not that. They said to me it's not necessary to call everyday my boat gonna be here for minimum 3 weeks cause they probably gonna need to change the trans or the v drive and had to order them. Never thinked to take a demo part in the showroom or so like all other dealer would have done or pass me a boat.. exactly like the prop part when I think about it.
And now I'm here still waiting and called the service 2day because it's been 2 weeks, my vacation end this weekend and showed my dissatisfaction and made this post haha.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-02-2017, 7:51 PM Reply   
Yeah I know red dog.
Kind of hating myself too be sure bout that.
But like I said it's not really the brand problem but more a specific dealer. Sadly it's a tige one.
Was riding with them since 2013, tried almost all models but never really owned one for myself so always had good experience with them.
But it's when you have issues you really realize how your dealer deals with good or bad.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-03-2017, 4:17 AM Reply   
Exactly Scott
Tige really look like they don't want to buy back their boats.
And your totally right.. really should take a nearer dealer but you know.. some salesman are really good st their job haha.
Saying 2hours not THAT far when you just have to come once in a year even not due to the fact that it's an indmar motor so every other Malibu Moomba can do your oil change and everything. That's true in fact.
I had a Moomba for 9years and strictly never had issue just a gas pump to change in his 8th year, mechanic came home done it and couple hours later i was back on track.
Same thing with my dad wakesetter pratically no issues for 5years and when had trouble had another wakesetter parked in his elevator the same day.
So when I bought mine. I wasn't planning on returned to the dealer every f**king week.

People seemed to be glad on their tige too, and it was the brand I was riding the most and never really saw problems.. but when you just a guest for couple hours on friends boats you don't really see issues haha. And they do not really boast their issues either.
Guess I made a mistake and now I'm paying the price. When they claimed they had the best service and talk to the service guy they seemed to be very competent too.
Everything to make it look perfect haha. But sometimes gentle is not the first quality you want. Maybe rude but able to get your costumer satisfied was a better choice. My bad
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-03-2017, 7:09 AM Reply   
you should get a supra. best boat hands down.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-03-2017, 8:23 AM Reply   
Should but like I said due to my lake restriction I can't.
Smallest Supra is the SR and exceed 4 400lbs. It's 4 800 so I can't. Lots of boat are restricted because of that.
Max 22feet and/or 4 400pounds leave me just few choices.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-03-2017, 8:32 AM Reply   
an sv211 enzo is 4300lbs, now I understand they don't make it anymore, but may cover your needs. a vlx BU is still a great boat, not sure what your primary goal is, wake, surf? 4400lbs is tough with new boats being so large
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       08-03-2017, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
So not really in the mood to change for a Moomba (no offense still great boat)

So choices that I have are :
- Axis A22 2017 (approx. 80- 85k) A20 soldout
- Malibu 21 VLX 2016/2017 (approx. 100k) vtx20 are more expensive.
- Nautique 210 2017 (approx. 80k) gs20 more expensive

You think Axis has a better fit and finish than Moomba? Lol

I know Moomba had a bad wrap with quality before but they sure changed 14-present. I really wanted an A20 but the wife couldn't get past the interior. At the boat show sat in a Moomba Mondo and then A20 (2015) & it was like going from a nice comfortable living room to a daycare. It was just horrific. Granted the surf wave looked great and I'm sure we would of had fun on it. The interior was just sad.

We ended up with the Mondo and have been very happy, although we (mostly me) wish we would of bought the Mojo because it's so much bigger. Other than that it's been a great boat, dialed in the surf wave and it's money! Interior still looks like it does when we bought it so it's holding up great.

With your needs I would strongly consider the craz, just not sure it meets your weight requirement though.
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       08-03-2017, 12:31 PM Reply   
https://www.moomba.com/models/craz

Fyi. Good luck in your search
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       08-03-2017, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickt View Post
https://www.moomba.com/models/craz

Fyi. Good luck in your search

Mr. Tinker with the win
Old     (Dandy21)      Join Date: May 2016       08-03-2017, 1:56 PM Reply   
I would look at the Nautique 210. A guy I know has had a couple and has had good luck and they can put out a great wave. He has a post here with a few pics and his set up. He swaps out the sacs for 750s on each side and the boat can produce a great wave. See for yourself
https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...r-shots-so-far
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       08-03-2017, 3:17 PM Reply   
I am just gonna say it, maybe you should keep the Tige. Highly doubt its a "lemon" and MANY new boats end up having similar issues thru the 1st 50hrs. Its likely this is one of your last issues that takes you off the water like this. My thought....is get thru it and run the boat. IF something else happens, then do the trade and frankly at that time, you will likely get a better deal than trying to trade out in prime season.
If you think you will get into another new boat and not have any issues, you are kidding yourself. I know you dont want to go thru this all again next summer! Every brand is having warranty...some people get luckier than others, but almost all have some issues since 2016 since ALL the brands are now more focused on quantity to sell as many as possible. Malibu seems to be one of the worst right now for QC, its all over their forums. Nautique is having issues...Supra is electrical problems, Centurion you don't hear of a lot of problems (tho they have some issues too) and Tige actually I don't hear of a lot of major issues, mostly seems like screens and gel coat...and this seems to be on the engine manufactur, not actually Tige, which they cannot control. (have you talked directly to engine manufacture to make sure warranty is expediting parts?)
I feel your pain cause if I were in your situation, it would kill me to not have my boat since I am on it at LEAST 2 times a week, usually 3. My stress level is higher when I don't get out on the boat to surf. But, if you make it thru this and get your issues squared away, you are likely to have hundreds of trouble free hours ahead of you and will be good to go. You did get a good deal at $75k and any way you look at it, you are gonna lose good money. If you do trade....do it in the off season so you get best deal on the new boat and there is more motivation to sell.
Just my humble opinion, good luck....hate to hear anyone having issues. Only way to really avoid the first 50hrs of issues is to buy a newer, used boat that someone else has already deal with the recalls and major warranty issues.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-03-2017, 4:28 PM Reply   
Ok for those who says about Moomba's.

Honestly I prefer 14+ Moomba's than axis that's for sure.
Interior quality and even overall quality is better. I know that.
But my priority is really the surfwake.. and honestly after tried a mondo and a a22 i preferred the axis wave.. got to add more fatsac but with the plug and play it's made for that.
So yes Moomba done really great boats just preferred the surf with others that's all.
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       08-03-2017, 4:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok for those who says about Moomba's.

Honestly I prefer 14+ Moomba's than axis that's for sure.
Interior quality and even overall quality is better. I know that.
But my priority is really the surfwake.. and honestly after tried a mondo and a a22 i preferred the axis wave.. got to add more fatsac but with the plug and play it's made for that.
So yes Moomba done really great boats just preferred the surf with others that's all.

I here you in surfwake! You can't really compare a 22' boat to a 20' boat as far as surfwake. I sure hope the a22 has a longer & bigger wave.

Do you have an MB dealer near you? The 22 Tomcat puts out a monster!!!

MB will be hands down 100x better than an Axis interior + a better wave....IMHO

Well I also think a Craz (dialed) would have a better wave than an A22 though so yeah haha 🤷🏼*♂️

But you need to test drive all of them and go with what suits you and your family best. If it means getting a boat you don't really want but the dealer is great then so be it. You can always trade it in again lol

Last edited by BrettLee3232; 08-03-2017 at 4:35 PM.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-03-2017, 4:39 PM Reply   
And thanks D.
Exactly as you said. Today I was thinking the same thing.
Swallow my pill and wish the best to come haha.. I can't say it's a lemon because it's less than 50hours. And maybe after that it would be ok.
I don't really want to trade my boat simply because I love it. When it work it works and I'm just badlucked right now.
I'm not loosing much keeping it till the end season and if something more happens definitely change it with a 2017 leftover but now at mid season it's just not a well thinked idea. Just hard to control my emotions and pass my vacation watching my elevator empty haha.. and every neighbors saying to me you see now! Our local malibu's pass boats everytime something breaks you really should done like all of us (80% of all the lake neighbors).

Like you said changing brand maybe put a band-aid right now but who knows if next summer would not have the same issues with the new boat in his prime 50hrs.
This situation just sucked haha.. I can't wait to make these things past me and go forward haha
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-03-2017, 4:43 PM Reply   
Yeah I know Brett
But no MB dealer sadly. Thanks man. Never tried one yet because we even don't have any MB sport dealer in the whole state. But they seems to be really great boats!
And yeah maybe could checked at the craz wave, I loose nothing Triying it since I really don't want to downgrade with axis.
Have couple on the lake they fits the restriction. Can be an option thanls

Last edited by Mike88; 08-03-2017 at 4:43 PM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-04-2017, 4:06 AM Reply   
I have a Craz and it kicks ass. Here's my wave.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-04-2017, 8:19 AM Reply   
I had a local friend with taps3 issues and I helped him out. First, learn how to swap the actuators yourself, its pretty easy. Have tige ship you brand new ones, and you do it. Buy a wakeshaper like the mission delta so you have a way to make a wave if they stop working so you keep surfing.

Also ask Tige for the specification on how the actuators are mounted to the swim deck and make sure the are mounted exactly to spec. Its not the greatest design to mount to the swim deck, and I have seen it where 2 things can cause an issue.

1. The actuators are not mounted to the right location, one side maybe is a 1/2 inch off one way, for instance.
2. The swim deck is not mounted correctly to the boat, it is off center or some other issue there. Also, make sure the bolts that hold the swim deck in position are TIGHT and not fallen out. Those swim decks were originally meant to be removable, and if those bolts that lock them in are not tight and the deck is not solid, it can wreak some havoc with those actuators.

Sometimes the dealers don't thoroughly check these things. Your wave looks great, and if you love it, see if you can help resolve that issue. Your lucky its an issue that doesn't put the boat out of commission, you can still surf without the actuators while you are working it out.

HTH.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-04-2017, 1:54 PM Reply   
That was the fist issue more than 1month ago lol. How lucky am I to spend 6weeks without my boat? When summer usually during 12.
Sorry but I don't really call that "lucky" and yeah I understand in the future maybe learn to change actuators myself but certainly not change the console or the whole transmission.. I can't surf with my boat when it still at the dealership.

Last edited by Mike88; 08-04-2017 at 1:55 PM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-04-2017, 3:24 PM Reply   
Good luck, I hope you get it worked out and back on the water. ;-)
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-05-2017, 5:46 AM Reply   
I had a BU many years ago that had a motor failure at 10 hours, they took care of it and was perfect afterwards. I have had many boats after, and very lucky to have minimal problems. All tech based boats seem to have bugs, but if you scrap this season and try to work out this boat, you may end up very happy with a great boat that does what you want and meets your needs. I would give the dealer the benefit of the doubt and try to resolve it, if its not fixed then move on
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-05-2017, 6:05 AM Reply   
Yeah Doug I know I may end up very happing and I would like to give the dealer the chance but.
Do you ever been private from your new boat 4weeks for an normal issue..?
Finally got the boat and 3hours later on the water got to towed it again and wait another 3 more
Weeks for another issue..?
I would love to give dealer benefits of the doubts but I just can't enter it on my mind.
Every dealer in the region have some compensation when the customer is privated of his good more than 2 weekends.
Boat loaners, express airplane part shipping or even got some feeling about the customer care. But definitely not the case, the dealer
Owner even said to me "look, here we sell boat, nothing else" thats what started my "hating" feeling.
Seriously, like I said to him " if you are good at selling boats you SHOULD be able to take care of them too no?"
I'm just so frustrated to be taken as a complete number who just spent 75k and feeling like I've been robbed.
Just seeing my monthly paiements pass with obsoluty nothing to envoy
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-05-2017, 1:29 PM Reply   
Wtf is privating?
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-05-2017, 3:41 PM Reply   
Sucks brother. Still think your best best is to get it fixed and see what happens. If it totally blows again, get it fixed again under warranty and then trade it in and be done with it and that dealer.

I would also get a wetsuit and a dry suit. That should double your season.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       08-06-2017, 6:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
And remember this is a rzr with stock XL ballast and 3 people in the boat including the driver.
Thats why I do not really want to change haha..
No.... that's a picture of a 2006 Mastercraft X30. Lol
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-06-2017, 9:31 AM Reply   
The RZR my buddy has is impressive for a 20' boat