Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-15-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
Just want to get an idea of how these tricks score from high to low, so I can let my son know the
tricks he needs to be working on to compete well with another good young rider in his division (Junior men)

Thanks.

Heel back 5
Raley
Raley Krypt
Crowmobe
Batwing
Toe 3
Tantum to blind
Cab 3
Switch toe 3
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-15-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
Go to the int website and look at the trick list
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-16-2012, 12:18 AM Reply   
i would go with a little more tech and not as many raley tricks,.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-16-2012, 9:40 AM Reply   
'Simple'...will check that out out sure

Cheers Bill, maybe I could send him over to ride with your boy sometime? i'm sure that would help
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-18-2012, 5:58 AM Reply   
is this int or wwa?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-18-2012, 6:44 AM Reply   
My philosophy for a WWA judged contest run was to start each pass with something big and stylish. As you progress through the pass, you work down to more technical tricks and I always saved my most difficult trick for the last trick of each pass.

Also, what is a cab 3?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       12-18-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
thats a great bag o' tricks bevan
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-18-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post

Also, what is a cab 3?
Switch frontside 360
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-18-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
Id reccommend working on taking those 3's into 5's. Most riders will actually repect the 3's more, but unless you're taking those 3's deep into the flats with a solid grab, the judges would score a 5 higher. Plus they're often easier, particularly with toeside frontside. The other one worth thinking about is the whirlybird. Again, T2B gets more respect and is more grabable, but the judges tend to score the whirly higher. Most guys that have both of those tricks in their bag are more consistent on the whirly, and use it first in a contest pass. One way or another, if he stands up a run with the the original trick list you posted he's going to fare very well. Good luck!
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-18-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
J.B IWWF...love your riding btw!

Migs, he's now got his raley, krypt, batwing and toe 3...time to work on more tech!

Thanks fellas, appreciate the advice, will be a fun season for sure if he can get some of the harder tricks under his belt?

Here's a couple short clips of him...sorry shaky intro 1st vid..new camera and crappy operator

Last edited by stxr_racer; 12-18-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-18-2012, 3:28 PM Reply   
To those that compete like this, meditated runs etc. Is wakeboarding fun?
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-20-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
Thanks man!, i dont know anything about iwwf, but i would just remove the straight raley from the run, or add a sick grab to it and throw out the krypt.

The videos look solid! he could take that back 3 to 5 easily.

Quote:
its plenty of fun, you see all your friends and get to see where your level of riding is compared to everyone else! wakeboarding isnt fun unless your progressing, and competing is a good way to progress
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-20-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhh View Post
The nice thing about premeditated competition runs is that its only one day. Personally, I don't particularly enjoy contest riding but its fun to challenge yourself to come out cold and throw down. Some people practice their run, but no one wants to ride like that, I always just figured 5 tricks up, 5 back and planned in my head.
Old     (wakedoc)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-21-2012, 7:55 PM Reply   
HI Bevan.

PM sent.

Cheers, Dan