Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (littewend)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-10-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
Sorry this is more than a vent than a useful post, but I got out on the river once this season so far (my second season), but with all the rain and storms we're having in the SE, our marina is now flooded and closed and our boat is trapped in dry storage (ie, can't get it out onto the trailer). Now the weather says rain for the next 10 days! If we could only get the boat out we could keep it on the trailer and hit the public docks, but the forklift ramp is completely under water. Grumble grumble grumble.... Hope everyone else is having better weather!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-11-2009, 4:21 AM Reply   
That is a real bummer, Wendy! If the water is that high, it probably has all kinds of bacteria in it! Therefore, you are saving yourself from some terrible illness by staying out of it! lol k, how'd I do making you feel better?

Can you send some of that water to Central Florida? Our ponds are almost puddles now!

Hang in there....at least you will have water all summer to play in!
Old     (littewend)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-24-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
I wish we could send some water your way, but I think it all goes to Mississippi... maybe, I'm terrible with geography! The marina is finally open, but it's still raining. We went out last weekend and there are downed trees floating everywhere in the river! Great for ollieing (sp?) but I'm not bold enough yet - prob. get a branch to the face!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-24-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
Rain, Rain, Rain today... but I'm hoping to get out on the water tomorrow. I went 2 days ago and damn.....so many boats, no good water. So I rode switch alot! lol
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       05-24-2009, 10:05 PM Reply   
Today was the first day in a week that it didn't rain here in FL. There is flooding in some areas of the state. I was extra watchful for gators today, becsuse the high water levels make them move from lake to lake, but I didn't see any. Good thing! I think I'm going to go to the cable park next time.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-25-2009, 5:44 AM Reply   
oh..my goodness you have to think about gators....oh heck no!!
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       05-25-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
I've never seen a gator while wakeboarding, and no one hardly sees one during the day anyways. They have their little hidey holes, and I suppose don't want to be run over by boats. I did see baby ducks, though! lol
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       05-25-2009, 9:47 PM Reply   
Ok, so I posted that comment above, then went to check my Facebook. One of my pals said that he saw a big gator today while wakeboarding. It happens!
Old     (amandae)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-26-2009, 4:47 AM Reply   
The lakes here are final filling!!!! Kat, are you back?

- Amanda
Old     (tcan)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-26-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
well the only choice spot to ride on island keeps having sewage spills next to it....nice! (
at one point we were so desperate to ride we took our boat out in the open ocean...i have to admit it was kinda fun riding 3 to 8 ft swells when you are on top of the swell and the boat is in the trough...looking down at the boat you are riding....lol