Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-06-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
Does anyone know where my daughter can get a pull in a loaded 210 before wakegames? We will be getting in tuesday night to orlando. She doesn't ride until friday morning. They have changed the girls division to fully loaded 210. She practices behind an Xstar and the 210 has always given her fits. Thanks.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-06-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
Hey Mike,

I have one on order, but it won't be here before Wake Games. My '03 would be no help! I can ask the dealer about renting you one for the day if you want!

Kat
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-07-2009, 5:20 AM Reply   
Kat,
Thanks for the response. That is what I'm running into. Nobody up here has one of the new ones. She rode behind the 210 at Nationals last year, but it was not "loaded". I'm not sure what that means for the Wake Games. We have friends that have 230's, but I think the wake is a lot different. How would you compare the two?

As far as renting one, that would be great, but do they do that? I know up here they wouldn't.

BY THE WAY, BIG CONGRATS FOR THE MENTION IN WAKEBOARDING MAGAZINE. A SECOND ROUND PICK FOR THE WAKEGAMES ULTIMATE TEAM!!!!!!
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-07-2009, 5:59 AM Reply   
Mike- Yes the boat (210) was loaded at Nationals last year. The original email said it was NOT. However they sent a correction email as this year stating it would be loaded. Which means factory ballast plus a bow sac and a few under the seat I am assuming.
Scott
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-07-2009, 6:07 AM Reply   
Scott,
Thanks for the clarification. Also Congrats to Taylor for the ULTIMATE TEAM PICK in Wakeboard Magazine!!!
Mike
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-07-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
Mike,

I have ridden behind the new 210 and the new 230 this year & in my opinion, the shape of the wake is very similar. The biggest thing to figure out is the boat speed and rope length. However, the 230 beam is only 2.5 inches wider than the 210 & the draft 1" deeper. Obviously, a loaded 230 will create a bigger wake than a loaded 210, but...the shape of the wake didn't seem to change much from what I experienced. (Could be cause I'm old and don't go big, though!)

I'll get back to you once I talk to CC dealer. They might at least be willing take you on a demo on the lake down the road from them. I'll have mine in time for World's so count on some pulls then.

PS Thanks for kudos....was shocked to see my name was even mentioned in the mag! ;-O

(Message edited by wakekat15 on April 07, 2009)
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-07-2009, 7:22 AM Reply   
Thanks Kat!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-28-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
Mike....it sure didn't give her fits this time!!! She rode GREAT. It was so nice spending time with you guys at wake games.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-29-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
yeah we had a great time and enjoyed the "early morning crowd"! It is kinda funny how a boat can become your friend. Delanie could not have ridden any better than she did. She really appreciated all the cheering she got from the masters division! Hope you can make it to Oklahoma.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-29-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
We will be there.....

(Message edited by rnopr8 on April 29, 2009)