Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-07-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
Has anyone seen this board yet? Just curious, i wouldn't mind a 6-fin flexi-thruster like this one...Upload
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-07-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
Yep I have one in my garage...
Old     (retrow)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
Probably just another painted hard board :<
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-07-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
hows that thing treatin ya, bizz?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-07-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
looks like a core board.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
That looks more like a true flex board from the pic. Notice the lack of any features on the bottom, just flat.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-07-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
Vandall RULES!
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-07-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
"looks like a core board."

c'mon Joe, anyone who has a sniff will tell you that that this board is a little different..

nope, this is the real deal...there are a bunch of pics of randall riding it, and a few of one of the Valdez's as well...Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-07-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
Derek where are those shots from???
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-07-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-07-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
oh ya, props to garrett cortese for these phots...i just found them in the thread "09 liquid force gear", but they are from the alliance archives I am guessing
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-07-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
Bizz, your profile pic is one of my favorite for this year...i need to move to the west coast..
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-07-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
Derek,

That photo is thanks to Spencer Smith...And the Co. is treating me quite nice. Favorite board I have ever ridden. I am riding the same one right now that Vandall is riding. They are going to blow minds...thats all I can say till after september.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-07-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
wait a minute. so the Valdez bros. are riding these now too?
Old     (wakegirly101)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-07-2008, 4:15 PM Reply   
OMG! Check this Company Wake interview out!!

http://alliancewake.com/article_details.php?id=3998&page=1

AND THIS Company Wake Video!!!

http://alliancewake.com/video_details.php?id=3997&page=1

GOoooo Look!!!
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-07-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
^^ Nice, looking forward to Expo!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-07-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
WOAH!

RANDALL

NECRASON

VALDEZ

TINO!

This is getting interesting
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-07-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
Very nice cant wait to get some product in the shop!!
I am down with what Company is all about.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-07-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
Eddie was going HUGE....
Old     (pogi)      Join Date: May 2006       08-07-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
That video is pretty sweet. Sorry slingshot lovers, but it appears you've been 1 upd. From this quick video it appears that Company Wake has the better product, assuming that they land as soft, because they look to cut better and pop higher. If you disagree, just watch Slingshot's promotional video at http://buyslingshotsports.com/wake/2008_wake.htm and compare it to the video above. Its pretty obvious. I still think Vandall gets higher on a normal board but he could still be adjusting. I'm looking forward to seeing more from Company Wake, I think they will have a huge impact on the industry, and unless slingshot makes some huge changes to their boards, they are going to get blown out of the water.

(Message edited by pogi on August 07, 2008)
Old     (company)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-07-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
http://www.companywake.com/yo

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-07-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
pretty crazy. there are only a handful of riders I would not have expected to see leave their current board sponsers.
Two are now on this team.
Sounds like Company Wake is legit. good for them. more competition is good.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-07-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
It just keeps getting better and better.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-07-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
Insane stuff.
i am amazed at how much new stuff pops up on here while i am out workin and havin fun at powell.

i'll have to agree with everything above... even the comments about "look out slingshot lovers..." But i am also sure that slingshot isn't gona go out with a fight... and even if for some reason slingshot-wakeboards do get taken over, they will always have the label of "FIRST FLEX BOARD" just like Wake Tech will always have the flight 69.
Old     (green_johnson)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
does the company wake logo look eerily similar to cassettes old logo?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-07-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Is Randall still riding the Gator bindings?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-07-2008, 9:24 PM Reply   
i was wondering the same thing Leo,

unless both gator (ricky G's) and Co. wake boots are black with red laces, id say those are the Gator bindings.

I was almost thinking that maybe the bindings are still in the designing phase, BUT, Bizz's profile says he's riding company bindings and board, so there is probably at least a semi working binding by now?

I want to see pics of the bindings... speaking for everyone else too ;)
or atleast get some kind of description. hoping there is a 4-hole option in the end. and that it is not just for experimenting different hole paterns

(Message edited by wakerider111 on August 07, 2008)
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-07-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
Jeremy, if you look at the board they have the 4 hole slingshot style binding holes and the traditional style.
Also at Alliancewake.com under the pictures you can see I believe Tino rocking the bindings (I think)
This or slingshot based off reviews will be my next board!
Randalls going just as big as before on flex (if thats what it is I'm assuming...)
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
Looks good Company.
Solid team! Necrason...nice

How will the boards hold up on the rails?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-07-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
randall did ONE TRICK in that video...

let me say that again...

randall did ONE TRICK in that video.

freakin' SICK!!!!
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
What about Watkins?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-07-2008, 10:13 PM Reply   
Seems to me that Randall did more then one trick. Apparently I'm stating the obvious and you have a different idea on the matter.
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   
Sorry slingshot lovers, but it appears you've been 1 upd. From this quick video it appears that Company Wake has the better product, assuming that they land as soft, because they look to cut better and pop higher. If you disagree, just watch Slingshot's promotional video at http://buyslingshotsports.com/wake/2008_wake.htm and compare it to the video above. Its pretty obvious.

Eye-rollingly stupid logic there. This video with a bunch of people is different to that video with another bunch of people, so therefore I know one has a superior product... that isn't actually out yet. Because I watched some vids on the net. Congrats.

That sort of stuff deserves to be called out.

And for the record I totally dig what Company is all about and have held and played with one of their proto's. So I'm not some angry slingshot owner out for blood.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-07-2008, 10:32 PM Reply   
paul, was talkin' about the vimeo vid.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-07-2008, 10:45 PM Reply   
agreed joe...sicness
Old     (cedarbro)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-07-2008, 10:55 PM Reply   
Hey guys im really diggin these boards. Anybody have the low down on a price? Im sure they'll be over 600 but i could be wrong. What do you guys for me?
Old     (pogi)      Join Date: May 2006       08-07-2008, 11:56 PM Reply   
Josh, I know the one video is different than the other video. . . You see they are getting a lot higher and going a lot farther into the flats in the one video than in the other. Like I said, its obvious. To be honest with you, I feel bad for Slingshot, cause they are the ones that started this "whole flex board as your standard board thing". I feel they should be the ones to win out. However, from what I've seen, I'm afraid Company Wake is going to take what Slingshot has started and take over. By the way, if my logic is that "eye-rollingly stupid", than slingshot should realize this. They should also realize that there are lots of other "stupid logic people" like me, who judge products by their videos, cause they can't demo them. And then they should make a video with their pros getting a little more air in them so that us stupid people would be impressed and buy their product. You see, in my stupid logic, I thought thats what promo videos are supposed to do, make people want to buy their product. By the way, I'm a weekend warrior like the rest of you that is just overly impressed with what little I've seen of Company Wakes marketing and company as a whole. Oh ya, and they got Necrasson, the baddest dude to ever put on a wakeboard.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-08-2008, 4:54 AM Reply   
How come Company wake and Slingshot threads always bring out the best in the wake community?
Old     (protag)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-08-2008, 5:11 AM Reply   
Pretty impressive stuff and congrats on the marketing - reminds me of Apple and the iphone. Each time leak a little bit of information to keep the excitement constantly on a high level and then bust out the product on the climax, and everybody thinks there is no way they could do without it. Even though, I might sound sarcastic, I am serious, Co. Wake did an amazing marketing job here.

Aside from that, their product seems to be quite good, too, however, honestly, nobody can seriously judge that from just a few pictures and videos (where are suddenly all the guys that are normally yelling 'you have to demo it' whenever someone asks for a review of a board?). Basically, so far, what can be said is Co. Wake has a really professional team that most people sympathize with (Necrason, back on the scene, wow!). Therefore, they prob already deserve some upfront credit and expectations regarding their product are getting bigger and bigger.

Regarding the Flex: I remember there was an article about Co. Wake in Wakeboarding Mag (I think two issues ago), where it said that there will be only one shape, but two different cores (one flex, the other traditional) in the first year. So, taken from that, it would be really good to know whether the riders in the vid were riding the flex board or the foam core board.

Apart from that I wish them the best of luck, it seems they will be shaking up the industry quite a bit and judging from their professional approach Co. Wake is here to stay.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-08-2008, 6:27 AM Reply   
The board that Randall was pressing on the dock in the Alliance video is a flex board for sure...

I think it’s really healthy to have new blood come on the market. The video and advertisement clip is awesome, I’m looking forward to seeing more info and hopefully being able to demo a board next summer (in Europe).
Old     (protag)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-08-2008, 6:52 AM Reply   
Agreed. But does the board that is used by Valdez for his huge jumps have the same core?

Just wondering...

I really do like the Flex idea, but was wondering why you hardly see slingshot boards in tournaments (prob because they are fairly new, but take Ronix who managed to have a lot of riders using the One for contest riding in their very first year) and why you never see really big pop on a slingshot. Again, don't get me wrong, not wanting to bash slingshot, I really do like their boards because they are so much fun to ride (and their binding are phenom), but it just makes me wonder.

So maybe we will eventually find out (due to Randall and Valdez) whether flex is more than "just" a soft landing, rail gliding and all out fun core for wakeboards, but as claimed by some also a big popper.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-08-2008, 7:54 AM Reply   
By Justin Lamoureux (lives2wake) on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 10:09 pm:

What about Watkins?

Did you mean Daniel Watkins? Ummmm...He is not going any where, staying with O'brien. He has a brand new pro model coming out, "The Decade" its his best board yet.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-08-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Just like tradition boards can be made close to the same, but ride different, I think same goes with flex boards, just because Company is a flex board like Slingshot, that doesn't mean they will ride anything alike.
I am just down with their entire outlook of the Company, I could care less if they start out with one shape, or 3 shapes, or 5 shapes I am down with what they are ALL ABOUT and who they have behind the Company, we are talking about legends of our sport.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-08-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
What are they all about?

Quality, Simplicity, Team, Passion and Radness?
Old     (bulldog_peach)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-08-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
I think only eddie is with them. Jacob is hyperlite. I wonder how they chose the riders for their team and is that their complete team? Kind of interesting that if so. I guess they aren't going after any of the comp riders. Maybe they are making a statement with that about comps.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-08-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
Nat,
Tino and Eddie are both pretty active on the comp. scene...however i will agree that right now the whole Company vibe is very freeride.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Ahh...I misunderstood. All the Alliance videos pop up with a Company Wake ad. When I first saw the Watkins video I thought that it meant that he was riding for Co.wake.
Great riding from Watkins. I thought it would be a nice change though for Watkins.
http://www.alliancewake.com/video_details_extreme.php?id=3956
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-08-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
Brett,
i know the boards have 4 hole and 2 hole mounting, but i have heard some speculate that it was for testing and to possibly grab slingshot customers... but this is just another sample of gossip and may not be true. i am definitely rooting for 4 hole (as some already know, as i talk about it almost as much as slingshot and flex in general)

Pro Tag,
From what i remember the two cores were a "Soft Flex" and a more "STIFF FLEX"

I don't think they have any foam boards... at least not like traditional boards, still a mix of foam and wood and stuff

"Our Next proto:
- Is a 138
- Has a new rail profile towards the tip and tail
- Has a new sidewall shape towards the center of the board
- Has a new base material
- Has a slightly modified fin placement situation
- Has an slightly adjusted carbon layup situation"

"1 soft flex, and 1 stiff flex with a modified size, shape and rails."

The STIFFER FLEX board seems to be the same as the other with slight modifications and a carbon sheet top to add a bit more "stiffness"... and $ no doubt

ALSO AS FOR SLINGSHOT IN TOURNAMENTS--->
Slingshot has always said they were more of a "free-riders" company and were not all about the competitions. it has never been the nature of the company to put their boards out in competitions i believe.

---------------------------------------------------
as i was lookin up quotes for the core types for company wake i also re-stubled upon this on their blog.

5. 12. 2008
WAKESKATES?
By: Justin Stephens

There has been some speculation on weather or not were going to
be doing wakeskates. Here’s what we can tell you…

- Wakeskating is something very important to us.
- The right people need to come together in order for it to happen. (Work in progress)
- We are NOT going to force anything.
- It will not be called “Company”, it will be called something else.

Justin

i guess when it comes time to do wake skates that it will be a different branch of company, like byerly is to hyperlite kinda. especially with the comment of a different name, that it would not be called "company"

--------------------------------------------------
I'm definitely loving the whole "Wheaties effect"... ya know, put Mike Jordan on a box of cereal with a bright orange flair and everyone wants a bowl... this said in no ill respect of anyone... just think it is kinda funny, but typical of our world run by the ultimate ruler, the media
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-08-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
Killer to see some of our sports Legends take hold of the sport and run companies.

Just like in skate boarding now the riders will really start having a huge impact on the sport and how boards should be made.

Can't wait to see and try the product.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-08-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
I agree Squid.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-08-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
Well herrroo.. I didn't even see the second video.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-08-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
I kind of thought Randall would be a part owner. I would like to see Company do well because, it would be nice to see the sport that he has given so much to continue to support him. With him and Necrason on the team and Justin Stephens at the helm, I can't imagine what the team video might look like. Tino and Eddie really round out the team too.

Edit: I just finished the video on Alliance's website and I am very impressed with Eddie's riding. It has been a few years since I have seen video of him riding.

(Message edited by srh00z on August 08, 2008)
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-08-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
On the wakeskate topic, it would be interesting if Horrell showed back up with a Company off shoot. Company seems like it would be a good fit for him.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-08-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
from what i hear from my friend who talks t bizz alot i know exactly what board im getting when its out
these are gunna be legit boards
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-08-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
Good to see the positive comments from Randall about Gator in the written interview too. I figured it was more of an oppurtunity thing vs. a falling out with GB thing.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
I was at work and a friend was flippin through an alliance wake mag (pretty sure it was alliance) and was stopping here and there to comment about big air pics. one of the ones stopped on was a slingshot rider actually (that i guess i never noticed/ forgot about). I wish i had the mag now to scan it in. it was no shot to win a big air contest, but i think it was at least "high enough" to satisfy some of the nay-sayers.

the mag is the one that has an article about winching in it and has a interview with Danny H. and stuff...

maybe someone can post it before i get a chance to grab it from work on monday or later

ohh and the board being ridden looks like the '08 recoil 142 f.y.i. and is a shot from in front of boat as the boat comes toward the cammera
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-11-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
Are you referring to the one of Billy M. in the article about photographers?
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-11-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
anyone thought to ask... "who is making these company wakeboards?" Just a thought.