Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-15-2017, 8:02 AM Reply   
I seem to be losing a lot more gear since I tow my boat and don't have a garage.

I just lost my board off my platform yesterday within a mile of home, turned around and retraced the route and someone had already stopped and picked it up. Despite various pleas to social media and local radio stations it hasn't turned up. So pissed that in less than 5 minutes someone scooped it up.

In the past 3 years I've lost a tarp, wakeboard, and sac pump.

In my other 17 years of wakeboarding I think I've only lost two ropes.

What have you all lost?
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-15-2017, 8:11 AM Reply   
A couple pairs of shorts, some intentionally.
Old     (BOOMSMACK)      Join Date: Apr 2017       07-15-2017, 9:30 AM Reply   
being a decent wakeboarder defianatly caused me to lose my virginity LOL.
Old     (Dandy21)      Join Date: May 2016       07-15-2017, 10:49 AM Reply   
I have lost consciousness. One really hard wakeboard hit. The only time I have been admired to the hospital.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-15-2017, 3:37 PM Reply   
I have lost sunglasses, money, and girlfriends. It's okay though, all can be replaced.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2017, 12:43 PM Reply   
I lose about 1 vest a 2 wedding rings a season. Luckily I get hook ups on vests and wedding rings on ebay are 40$ and my wife is understanding.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-17-2017, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I lose about 1 vest a 2 wedding rings a season. Luckily I get hook ups on vests and wedding rings on ebay are 40$ and my wife is understanding.
I don't wear my actual ring at the lake. I swap it our for a Qalo(silicone ring). Still lose 1-2 of those per season. about $20 a pop and are also good for working out/yard work ect.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-17-2017, 1:12 PM Reply   
wedding ring stays at home now
unknown pairs of shades. typically 1 to 2 pair a year
towels/shirts/jerseys sink faster than you would think
went through 3 props in 1 season 3 years ago. definitely a spike in prop damage.
I'm pretty good about getting boards back in the racks, but a riding buddy learned his lesson last year, left it on step. yes, gone in under 5 minutes

although, we found a surf that washed up at bro's lakehouse, so even on boards.

One of those things where you don't want to really know how much it costs....
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-17-2017, 1:33 PM Reply   
Mostly just money.

I was actually hoping this was a post about the loss of tricks over the years:
Raley - Lost in 2003
Scarecrow - Lost in 2014ish
HS R2R - Used to be my most consistent trick now gone
TS R2R - Lost in mid 2000's
Tantrum - Lost a million times but landed my first in years yesterday
Frontroll - Long ago
TS 3 - Maybe 5 years ago

I could go on. Age and lack of water time have caught up to me!
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-17-2017, 1:47 PM Reply   
I lost hs nose grab front to fakies a few years ago. It kills me to lose tricks. I tried a few last year, first attempt was so close i thought, "next hit and I have this trick back" then i went for it again and i guess i let off my edge a bit so trying to go front to fakie on a trip flip edge basically sucks the rope right out of your grip. Landed on my back so square it knocked the breath out of me big time.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-17-2017, 3:22 PM Reply   
-One friend lost the same Oakly's twice. Went out and bought a second pair only to lose them too.
-Another guy lost his wedding ring. Mine stays at home. Then again, my ring goes on and off with my watch. 8am-5pm M-F type deal
-Hats
-patience at boat launches
-I lost my DIY suckgate 1.0 to the lake gods last year.
-cell phones/ ipods
-swim platform deckadence mat
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-17-2017, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
-patience at boat launches
We've all lost this I'm sure. I've almost lost my faith in humanity at the ramp before
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-17-2017, 9:51 PM Reply   
I was reminded that I lost a $600 pair of prescription eyewear many years ago. Mosquito buzzing in my ear, smacked the ear and off went the glasses "plop".

It's sure frustrating when you end up dumping extra money into an already expensive sport for "oops".
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-17-2017, 11:01 PM Reply   
A lot of beer has gone missing on my boat.....
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-17-2017, 11:06 PM Reply   
Lost two pairs of sunglasses last year. Happened twice in one week. Both times I leaned my head over the side to see if the hydro hoist had lowered the boat far enough to be able to start it and they fell of my sweaty head. Apparently, I'm a slow learner, but I did learn just how fast sunglasses sink.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-17-2017, 11:18 PM Reply   
Oh! This is a good one: a few weeks ago, we stopped at a dock to pick up some friends. I took my flip flops off and forgot them on the swim platform. After everyone was aboard, we took off down the river. We started talking about going out to dinner. That's when I realized I had no flip flops and had no idea when they fell off the swim platform. I turned around and headed back upriver and just happened to find one of them floating right side up. After searching the river for 10 mins, I decided to stop the search and just start surfing. As my buddy was surfing, I happened to look down exactly at the perfect time and noticed the second flip flop upside down. There was no way I woulda found that thing if it didn't just pass 12" from the boat and I was looking down at the perfect time like that. I was so jazzed that I didn't have to go out to dinner "Fred Flintstone style."
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-18-2017, 6:05 AM Reply   
My ability to run more than a few yards at a time. I had a major knee injury 3 years ago, but strangely enough, I have made a full recovery on the water. Re-learning tricks at 36 that I originally learned at 20 has been rough, but I really feel like I am in a "now or never" place in my riding.

As far as odds and ends lost--the list would be too long.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-18-2017, 6:43 AM Reply   
Destroyed 4 props, lost a surfboard, countless pairs of sunglasses, my pride a few times, and a ton of money.

100% worth it.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-18-2017, 7:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOMSMACK View Post
being a decent wakeboarder defianatly caused me to lose my virginity LOL.
This is my favorite one so far
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-18-2017, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy21 View Post
I have lost consciousness. One really hard wakeboard hit. The only time I have been admired to the hospital.
Been there, minus the hospital. hoping I won't re-visit that one