Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-02-2011, 8:13 AM Reply   
Just wanted to remind everyone that the Dodgeball Tournament is at the Hyperlite house by the tennis courts Friday afternoon.

When is everyone going up?
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-02-2011, 11:53 PM Reply   
We are heading up Thursday and yes get your dodgeball teams together for Friday. Just like last year it's a 12 pack of beer for each 6 man team to enter and winner takes all the brew. We will also do a BBQ and have kegs again and playing some music and videos on a projector after dodgeball.
See ya all out there for another great party.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
Love the dodge ball. it was one of the event highlights last year. Props to the Hyperlite team for organizing this. Dodgeball with the pros rocks!
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-03-2011, 11:55 AM Reply   
Headed up early friday morning, can't wait to get the party started !
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       05-03-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
What riders have confirmed thier in? Ive been thinking about canceling my chalet and not heading up this year, just not feeling the vibe like years past. There hasnt been much of a run up to the event like years past.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2011, 12:25 PM Reply   
Feels the same to us. Are you on Facebook?

The hotel booked out in 3 weeks this year. In 2010 it took 3 months, and in 2009, it didn't book until game day. Should be record attendance, and we have more sponsors than ever, and the best riders.

Phil Soven, Aaron Rathy, Ricky G, Randall Harris, Nick Jones, Josh Palma, and all of the Cali guys. Cook, Williams, Callen, Twelker, etc...

Also, the weather is looking like low 80s / high 70s. Should be nice.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-03-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
Hey Nick.... I've been a bit bummed by the (lack of) Wake World stoke this year. I think a lot of the Spring Ride discussion has moved to Facebook. The Hotel has confirmed that more rooms have been sold this year than in any past year, so we're looking forward to a great turn-out. I think people are just starting to take for granted that this event will happen. It pretty much goes without saying that it's the event/party of the year on the West Coast. It's the support of the local riders and our friends that have made this event what it is. I'm pretty sure we haven't had too many attendees that have gone away disappointed, and I'm sure this year will be no different.

As usual the rider list is full of heavy hitters with a few new names that I'm pretty excited to watch in person. Right now we've got:

Defending champ: Ricky G
Defending champ: Randall Harris
Phil Soven-- back for the second time
Nick Jones--back for another Spring Ride with a vengence (look out ladies)
Josh Twelker-- The new kid on the block throwin' hammers
Aaron Rathy-- Spring Ride rookie and overall threat
Eddie Valdez--Goes without saying on the West Coast
Trever Maur--Mr Style
Jason Callen--Representing the Delta and CIE
Josh Palma-- probably one of the most complete riders in the game
Spring Ride O.G. Derek Cook

It should prove to be an awesome show as usual.

Weather is forecasted to be in the high 70's-80's all weekend. Not a bad way to start the season off.

Sooo.... Round up your crew and head down. I promise you wont be disappointed.

As far as I know there are still a couple hotel rooms available. Renting houses or campsites around the lake is cool, but the hotel rooms are where it's at. Walk to Saturday nights party with Tao Las Vegas' DJ Josh Garber.

See everyone there.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-03-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
Ha... Looks like Jarrod and I should both get off WW and get back to work... LOL!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-03-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
Oh... I forgot to mention the CWB tug o' war on Saturday after the comp and the Friday night Hyperlite Dodge Ball tourney. Last year's went off. Hyperlite is having a BBQ to follow the tourney. So... Call in sick Friday. This is now officially a 3 day weekend.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       05-03-2011, 1:32 PM Reply   
For the Dodge Ball, how does one get on a team? Or have to have a team? Anyone need people for their team let me know, I be up around 11am.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2011, 1:59 PM Reply   
Jason, it's easy. Just show up, grab 5 guys, and HO Joe will organize the rest. It's a legitimate, well organized tournament. I've never laughed so hard and had so much fun. We have the tennis courts for the event, so everything is contained. Last year we were up against Mike Schwenne, JD Web, Jimmy, and a few other HL guys. All the pros participate. It's a blast.

You do need a 12 pack of beer per team to enter. Even while you're watching, waiting for your team to get called, the entertainment is awesome!!
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       05-03-2011, 2:07 PM Reply   
Jarrod, so what your saying is that there will be peeps there to make a team?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2011, 2:28 PM Reply   
Absolutely. Grab anyone. There will be plenty of people that are looking to make a team.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-03-2011, 8:17 PM Reply   
Jason yes there will be tons of people around and you will have no promblem getting a team together or jumping on a team.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-03-2011, 8:19 PM Reply   
Dodgeball starts around 6pm.
6 man teams.
12 pack of beer is entry fee.

We having a party during and after dodgeball with music, movies, bbq, beer pong, ect.
THE BEST PART IS ITS ALL FREE TOO. well except for the 12 pack entry fee.

Gonna be a great weekend see everyone soon.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-04-2011, 9:24 AM Reply   
12 pack in hand...... I'll be in line for the BBQ. See you this weekend bro.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       05-04-2011, 9:48 AM Reply   
Looking forward to the party and the double up contenst. Great people, great event, and great times. See you Friday by 11.