Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-14-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
Hey guys..

Anyone on wakeworld hitting up this cable park out near Reno? Wondering if its pretty good and worth a roadtrip from Canada... there's no other wakepark any closer!

Or anybody know any chance of something opening up in the Pacific NW anytime soon?

You texas and florida guys don't know how well you got it.. lol
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-18-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hey man i rode that park about 4 times last season til they closed for the season. Its fun for sures but they dont have the actual calbe up just three 2.0 systems with a handful of rails and a dope kicker. should have a 4th by now but their not open yet fo the season. Id reccomend you waiting til they get the full cable in to make that trek down here...im only two hrs driving distance so little more reasonable for me
hope that helps

W$R for life
~RyanW
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-16-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
Anyone out there heard from them (Western Oasis Wakeplace) lately? I have sent an email and called with no response.

Anyone?
Old     (wow4l)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-17-2011, 12:05 AM Reply   
Hey Stuey it's Doug with wow sorry to hear you have had trouble getting in touch with us we have had some technical issues with are email.I believe we have them sorted out so please email us again if you still Need to get in touch with us.

Thanks Newwhit for considering travel all the way from Canada to ride at wow. We have added quite a few new features for 2011 so far and continue working on more. I would not recommend coming out until June as the weather is very unpredictable before June.
Here is a few of the obstacles that Are new for 2011
First and only step up or step down lake in the U.S.A With the following features
1.up flat kink transfer rail
2. Up flat down flat with small wall ride transfer box
3.dance floor transfer down up box
4.roof top rail transfer up or down
5.large wall ride transfer up or down
6.kicker to roof top or kicker to wall ride
7. Incline to table top pool to incline down
8. Pool to kink rail or kink rail to pool transfer
9.pool to roof top or roof top to pool transfer
Note the step up lake is for experienced rail riders only!!!

In addition new features in 2011 for WOW include: super booter kicker, mini kicker, flat pipe rail, pipe incline rail, gap up or gap down rail. Flat box dance floor, and ragged ABS culvert rail. And the list will continue to grow.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-17-2011, 2:51 AM Reply   
WOW is the best spot we have over here and I can't wait to get back there and check out the new setup. We have been waiting for years for a park to ride near Cali and finally got one. Thanks goes out to the Lippincott family for providing this place for us to ride. WOW is def worth checking out and the new lake 2 lake transfer setup was looking pretty cool by the end of last season. 4 system 2.0's and 2 boat lakes is pretty big deal and anyone who has been there would agree that it is the best and only place of its kind over here in the west coast area. Every time I went there last summer they were working on or had some type of new setup or rail going in which was great. I look forward to our upcoming season to get back out there and see what they have done now.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-17-2011, 9:30 AM Reply   
It's worth the trip for sure! Stay in Tahoe or Reno it's pretty much in the middle of the two, so not only will you shred your face off but there is pletny of gambling and nightlife!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-17-2011, 10:08 AM Reply   
I'm planning on making a couple trips out there this year.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-17-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
It's great to have WOW around. Went there twice last year. Once when they just opened and another time near the end of the season. Not sure they're dialed in with enough features to justify a trip from Canada just yet, but they're on the right track. Can't wait to see how they keep improving this year...from Doug's post, it sounds like they plan to do quite a bit.
Old     (wow4l)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-20-2011, 10:36 PM Reply   
this is a sneak peak at the step down lake feature that will be open this year!! we are 80% finished and now all we need is a week of good weather to finish it.
Attached Images