Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-10-2019, 5:46 PM Reply   
seems like a no brainer to ask if you are a citizen, on the census. i truly don't understand the opposition....unless you have a political reason

ugh
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-13-2019, 7:29 AM Reply   
The intended purpose of a census is to count the number of people living in the usa, not citizens. You are right it shouldn't be a political issue, other than we use those numbers to determine how many congressional reps each state receives ($ too). The current admin does have a political purpose. They are trying to put the question on the census (first time since the 1950's). It will penalize states with big illegal immigrant numbers. If they want to know anything else they should do sampling.
A census is often construed as the opposite of a sample as its intent is to count everyone in a population rather than a fraction.
Trump dont like California.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-13-2019, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
seems like a no brainer to ask if you are a citizen, on the census. i truly don't understand the opposition....unless you have a political reason
Well... if you go take a look at the clause of the constitution that requires the census, you'll see that it's always been fraught with "political reasons."

So yeah, right now the constitution just requires a counting of heads, not a counting of citizens. While I don't disagree that a count of non-citizens would be interesting, it's not a census worthy question. It's kinda up there with "do you own guns and if so how many and how much ammo do you have?"
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-14-2019, 7:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Well... if you go take a look at the clause of the constitution that requires the census, you'll see that it's always been fraught with "political reasons."

So yeah, right now the constitution just requires a counting of heads, not a counting of citizens. While I don't disagree that a count of non-citizens would be interesting, it's not a census worthy question. It's kinda up there with "do you own guns and if so how many and how much ammo do you have?"
It absolutely is a worthy question. Democrat areas are trying to pad their representation by using millions of illegals. Talk about foreign influence over elections and our government.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-14-2019, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
It absolutely is a worthy question. Democrat areas are trying to pad their representation by using millions of illegals. Talk about foreign influence over elections and our government.
If that's your gripe, you need to amend the constitution.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-14-2019, 9:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Give me a freaking break.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-15-2019, 5:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Give me a freaking break.
Was what I said not true? Do they or do they not give congressional seats based on population density. I'll wait for your answer.

On top of that. Why is it a bad thing to not include people who are ILLEGAL? Your favorite democrats in California are trying to raise the age of giving free healthcare to illegals. They want them on the dole until age 26 instead of 18. Yes. That is correct. They already spend our tax dollars on free healthcare for illegals in this state.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-15-2019, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Was what I said not true? Do they or do they not give congressional seats based on population density. I'll wait for your answer.

Because that’s what the constitution says. Which is why it’s not something to complain about unless you are gonna amend the constitution.

Would it be ok to ask what the serial numbers of your guns are? Would definitely be interesting to know who the members of the well regulated militia are wouldn’t it?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-15-2019, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:

On top of that. Why is it a bad thing to not include people who are ILLEGAL? Your favorite democrats in California are trying to raise the age of giving free healthcare to illegals. They want them on the dole until age 26 instead of 18. Yes. That is correct. They already spend our tax dollars on free healthcare for illegals in this state.
Well, you used to say, "they are trying to increase their voter base". Now it's, "they are trying to gather seats in Congress". Even if those accusations were true, how is that any worse than Republicans gerrymandering districts? I'll wait for your answer.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-15-2019, 7:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Do they or do they not give congressional seats based on population density. I'll wait for your answer.
Of course they do. CA should get the correct amount of representation based on its correct population. That certainly seems fair. If you do not include illegal population CA is under represented and under funded. That would be why its a "bad thing". If they are already spending your tax dollars on illegals, and you dont think its a good way to spend the money, why do you want them to have even less money to spread around?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-15-2019, 10:12 AM Reply   
gerrymandering isn't an exclusively republican pursuit.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       05-16-2019, 1:46 AM Reply   
If we don't have an accurate census of who's illegal & a national ID how will the left ever get a national gun registry going? Seems both sides could end up with what they want.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-16-2019, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
If we don't have an accurate census of who's illegal & a national ID how will the left ever get a national gun registry going? Seems both sides could end up with what they want.
Reading that article, they used to ask how many were white females (vs just female). They used to ask how many were ex slaves. There is more to the census than only asking if you are "present". Asking if someone is a legal citizen should be top priority especially when California is doing all they can to cut the paper trail to who is and isn't.