Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-23-2021, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Still way easier to control emissions from one big smokestack than millions of tiny exhaust pipes.
No it is not.

Do you have any reason why gasoline is what engines were made to run and mass produced for? It was because gasoline was the by product of the refining process for other oil related products. You simply do not just get rid of gasoline because you stop making engines. You have plastics in everything and you still need to lubricate the vehicles as well as the considerable plastics to build them. What they will do is go back to what they used to do with Gas. They simply will burn it off like they used to. You have the same issue, except you have artificially given up our ability to get off of Saudi Oil for the most part and now we are going to have to suck up to the chinese because the own all the mineral to build the electric cars.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-23-2021, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
No it is not.

Do you have any reason why gasoline is what engines were made to run and mass produced for? It was because gasoline was the by product of the refining process for other oil related products. You simply do not just get rid of gasoline because you stop making engines. You have plastics in everything and you still need to lubricate the vehicles as well as the considerable plastics to build them. What they will do is go back to what they used to do with Gas. They simply will burn it off like they used to. You have the same issue, except you have artificially given up our ability to get off of Saudi Oil for the most part and now we are going to have to suck up to the chinese because the own all the mineral to build the electric cars.

Delta remember that $5 gasoline you were complaining about yesterday? Now “they” are just gonna burn it off as a waste byproduct? Cmon man pick a conspiracy to get hysterical about and stick with it. Btw, $5 gas will be great for the domestic oil industry. But, as you are wont to say, “that doesn’t fit the narrative.”
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-23-2021, 9:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Delta remember that $5 gasoline you were complaining about yesterday? Now “they” are just gonna burn it off as a waste byproduct? Cmon man pick a conspiracy to get hysterical about and stick with it. Btw, $5 gas will be great for the domestic oil industry. But, as you are wont to say, “that doesn’t fit the narrative.”
You know what, Shawn? It’s bull****t any way you look at the fact Hiden killed all those jobs. Wes wake77’d the bed trying to defend Hiden’s move. You wanna try rationalizing it? If so, please focus on how him killing those jobs and sending them to the saudis and Russia is good for our country. I’ll wait.... Maybe you can also explain why none of you libtards here can defend, explain of even cheer on that move. Did you watch Hiden mumble his way through signing all those exec orders while he clearly didn’t even know what he was signing? It was sad. Sad like telling “grandpa” to start cutting the person up from his wheelchair in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. You belong to a party of darkness.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-23-2021, 9:34 PM Reply   
Lol the jobs in question didn't exist. The BDS is in full swing already, claiming people lost their jobs when the jobs weren't even there. Mark and co. be like
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-23-2021, 9:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Lol the jobs in question didn't exist. The BDS is in full swing already, claiming people lost their jobs when the jobs weren't even there. Mark and co. be like
You are an agent of darkness and forever marginalized like your CNN puppet masters. So funny, you trying to co-opt the TDS term since you don’t have the brain power to do anything more than plagiarize. Typical, unoriginal democrat. Dang, you are one pathetic, Don-Lemon-lovin loser.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-24-2021, 4:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You know what, Shawn? It’s bull****t any way you look at the fact Hiden killed all those jobs. Wes wake77’d the bed trying to defend Hiden’s move. You wanna try rationalizing it? If so, please focus on how him killing those jobs and sending them to the saudis and Russia is good for our country. I’ll wait.... Maybe you can also explain why none of you libtards here can defend, explain of even cheer on that move. Did you watch Hiden mumble his way through signing all those exec orders while he clearly didn’t even know what he was signing? It was sad. Sad like telling “grandpa” to start cutting the person up from his wheelchair in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. You belong to a party of darkness.
Mark, I'm not that smart. I need you to educate me. How are the Saudis and the Russians gonna move canadian tarsands crude?

We are already a net exporter of oil. How does putting more oil on the global market (thus depressing the price of an already struggling commodity) help folks in the oil industry in the US?

Like I said I'm not that smart. I just can't figure out this jobs argument.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-27-2021, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Mark, I'm not that smart. I need you to educate me. How are the Saudis and the Russians gonna move canadian tarsands crude?

We are already a net exporter of oil. How does putting more oil on the global market (thus depressing the price of an already struggling commodity) help folks in the oil industry in the US?

Like I said I'm not that smart. I just can't figure out this jobs argument.
Two things.

Warren Buffet is heavily vested in oil by rail. My guess is much of this is to pay him off for donations

Trump had to step in and get the Saudi's and Russia to stop their trade war to save the American oil industry. Them in a price war make the more expensive to produce American products unavailable for the prices being sold. Now add in keeping the higher transport costs, it will make it harder to compete. Eventually it more than likely will shut it down for good which is a goal of democrats. democrats have made no secret they want to kill the carbon industry. The US was finally competing in this industry and forced a cheaper price per gallon and made it so we did not have to worry about a production cut or geo politics in the mid east.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       01-27-2021, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
has to go somewhere. The oils have to be refined to get the other products out. Sounds like some may be converted to some sort of petrol chemicals but the fuel will still be produced.

What are 3 products that oil refineries can make out of oil?
After crude oil is removed from the ground, it is sent to a refinery where different parts of the crude oil are separated into useable petroleum products. These petroleum products include gasoline, distillates such as diesel fuel and heating oil, jet fuel, petrochemical feedstocks, waxes, lubricating oils, and asphalt.

The issue of fuel for engines is new issue historically and the markets back in the day simply took it as a loss. Now it is the business plan. You still need heavier oils for other projects. It all depends on what you can get for the price. Maybe they simply raise the cost of asphalt to compensate for the lack of earnings on the refined drum of oil. Maybe the plastics to make the car go way up because of no offset in oil refining. They lighter fuel oil has to do somewhere after refining. That is a simple case of chemistry. You think the Saudi's and Chinese are simply just going to store this stuff for generations? It is either going to get dumped or burned off.

I am sure $5 is great for domestic oil but bad for everyone else. We all know democrats want to make it more expensive to live in the US so they can move production to the 3rd world. Share the wealth and they are children of the world and not just America talk.