Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bret)      Join Date: Nov 2013 Location: Santa Rosa, CA       10-26-2014, 9:04 PM Reply   
So after 2 years of owning a 2004 Ski Supreme Sky Supreme V230 we have realized that the wakeboard wake sucks so we are looking to sell it and replace it with either a 2004-2005 Sanger V215 with wake series 2 or a 2003-2005 Ski Supreme Sky Supreme V220 but there are a few things I need to know first like.

1. Which one has the better wake with just factory ballast
2. How will each one do on a buoy in Tahoe for 2 weeks a year and the buoy is located in Carnelian Bay right below Ridgewood Highlands
3. Which one has the Deeper freeboard
5. Which one has a better rough water ride
4. Will a 2007 Chevy Suburan 2500 6.0 be able to tow either of these to Tahoe

Last edited by Bret; 10-26-2014 at 9:10 PM. Reason: make it better
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-27-2014, 9:34 AM Reply   
Don't mean to sidetrack, but why do you say the wake is lousy on the V230? I have a V232, which I've heard is the same hull(but can't say for sure), and while it takes a bit of weight to get a good size wake, it is very consistent and clean. The boat also drives like a dream...doesn't take water over the back, no chine lock ever, tough to dip the nose even with 1000# up there.

That being said both of the boats you mention have a deeper V so rough water ride will be decent, probably the Supreme has deeper freeboard, and I wouldn't think towing would be an issue.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-27-2014, 3:48 PM Reply   
I have never been in the Supreme, but the 215 is a great wakeboard boat for all levels. The wake gets big, and stays clean at slow speeds. The "great Wake' thing is all relative. Stock ballast in any boat never makes me happy. But I've done some of my best riding behind the 215 with an extra thousand pounds or so.

The downside is the freeboard is lower. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it in the ocean like waters of Tahoe at all. But I don't think that I would feel comfortable leaving any wakeboat in Tahoe short of something huge like a 25+ footer, or maybe something like a Nautique G that sits super high.

Also, it doesn't ride great in rough water. It's a small boat. That's a feature that I have never carried about coming from the Delta, but I can see why you would want it for Tahoe. I've never had the desire to try and boat there.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-27-2014, 3:59 PM Reply   
A V220 & a V215 are roughly the same size & have the same freeboard. Ive owned both boats. The V215 wake is steeper & harder than the V220's when sacked out. Just internal ballast - they're both equal - basically just small & pointless to ride on.
When sacked down both have great wakes - just different. The V220 is rampier, the V215 has more lip. Just depends on what you like better.
In the supreme line - yes the V230 wake is not great. The V220 is a solid wake.
Rough water ride - the V215 will be a tad more solid. Tahoe rough water though - neither.
I wouldn't want either of those boats on a buoy in Tahoe. 1 solid wave over the rear & its all over.
If Tahoe youre talking about - you should be in a 23ft or larger IMO
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-27-2014, 9:50 PM Reply   
Buoy? Tahoe? Wakeboat?=Your Crazy. Lol. This could be you !!!
Attached Images

Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-28-2014, 12:45 AM Reply   
Hey, that is me. And the boat handled it fine. I've also driven it in a storm pretty much like that.

1. Which one has the better wake with just factory ballast
V215 has a nice shape with factory ballast. It gets better with more.

2. How will each one do on a buoy in Tahoe for 2 weeks a year and the buoy is located in Carnelian Bay right below Ridgewood Highlands
They might both do okay but I'm not sure. The V215 bow shape handles waves well.

3. Which one has the Deeper freeboard
Might be the Supreme.

5. Which one has a better rough water ride
V215 by a couple of feet in wave height.

4. Will a 2007 Chevy Suburan 2500 6.0 be able to tow either of these to Tahoe
They are both relatively light. The Sanger is maybe the lightest boat it's size.

Caveat: I do own a Sanger.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-28-2014, 1:00 AM Reply   
Mine sits on it's buoy in the Shuswap for a couple months every year. We never worry about storms but the boat has moved a relatives buoy about 40 feet in a big storm once. My buoy is anchored better that their's was. The Shuswap is a big mountain lake that can get wicked water when a thunderstorm is near.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-28-2014, 9:37 AM Reply   
Lol art that's the craziest pic ever!!!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-01-2014, 9:28 AM Reply   
High freeboard boats look like they are wearing mom jeans