Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-23-2014, 5:15 AM Reply   
This is probably a multi part question but here goes

How do you all position yourself on your board? Wide as possible stance? Shoulder width apart? etc

I have a SS Hooke 146 and I am 6'4 currently 220lbs trying to get to 210 (was 240).

Every board I own I have ridden as wide a stance as I could go. I seem to remember hearing that it was the most stable place to ride? Well I have always had issues standing tall at the wake and getting my jumps higher. Well I started playing with my stance after watching some slo-mo videos of my friend and I, and noticed that his stance was about shoulder width and he had no issues standing tall at all.

Well I slowly brought my stance in and it changed everything. I am standing taller ( still working on it) I feel as if I have more control of the board and it also seems as if there is more flex on landings and all.

So... how much does stance really affect your riding and does it affect the flex of a board?

Thanks
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-23-2014, 5:41 AM Reply   
I'd say its all personal preference and everyone's body is different... If you have found bringing the bindings closer works - then I would say you are getting closer to doing it right.

Personally, I am all the way out. I would go a little closer but if I go one set of holes inward they feel too close together so I leave them maxed.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-23-2014, 6:25 AM Reply   
I'm one notch in from all the way out on a 141. I'm 5'6" and even people 5'11" to 6' say it's too wide for them. Everyone's a little different in what they like. I find the wider stance gives me better balance.Other people like a shoulder width stance. As long as your comfortable and progress you should have the right stance set up.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-23-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
I guess with the SS I have more customization than the standard holes. I have rode 141-146s all the way out. I would guess I am one hole from the widest on a standard board. May go in some more as I still haven't finished tweaking it.
Old     (wakehero21)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-25-2014, 3:51 PM Reply   
I'm all the way out with both feet at 12*. I think its most comfortable for me all the way out, but as people have already said, it's all personal preference