Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    boarderrr            08-20-2014, 6:55 PM Reply   
What is the main difference between the peak and the deluxe? I was just curious if I were to buy one of the two for cable down the road. Also the 2015 models are coming out in September right? Thanks!
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-20-2014, 7:01 PM Reply   
there's a lot of good info on this thread
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800205
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-20-2014, 9:12 PM Reply   
Haha, Thanks Bam6961 for posting my old thread... Im glad it could be used to help.

Anyways, The main difference between the peak and the deluxe is that the peak is an all wood core this year, it is much thinner. The peak is also a little stiffer, but is still able to flex a great amount when you want it to.

The deluxe took the old peak from last years flex patter, where it was soft not he tip and tail, and stiffer in the middle. The deluxe is softer than the peak.

Having experience riding both, I find the new peak to have softer landings than the Deluxe, and no I do not notice any channels catching as I am pressing on a rail as I questioned in my old thread.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       08-20-2014, 9:23 PM Reply   
The 2014 Deluxe seems like the weapon of choice for most LF cable riders. Likely because it's the same as the old Peak with really nice flex patterns.

The 2014 Peak I think it's mostly wood based (even though its hybrid) and is more solid, making me think that it may be a bit more durable. Yes it's definitely stiffer than the Deluxe. I haven't seen any pics or vids of it being pressed like crazy compared to the Deluxe. With the new Peak, I think they experimented more on the shape and edge channels.

So I guess if you're a press type of guy then the Deluxe may be a better choice. If you want something a bit more solid, then Peak is also a good option.

Unless you're after a really good deal with the current line, it might be worth it to wait for the 2015 line coming up by September.
Old    boarderrr            08-20-2014, 9:29 PM Reply   
How do these boards compare to the ronix el von videl schnook?
Old    boarderrr            09-06-2014, 10:03 PM Reply   
So what are some other differences other than flex?
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-06-2014, 10:18 PM Reply   
The peak is now an all wood core, it is much thinner and a tad lighter because of it.
Old    boarderrr            09-09-2014, 6:07 PM Reply   
So what board can take a bigger beating at the park? And which one is faster on rails? I rode a LF board once (I'm usually a ronix rider) and it seemed kind of sticky on rails. I rented it so that is probably why because I didn't have my board that day. And how do LF boards usually break??last thing how's the boards on air tricks? Thanks!
Old    boarderrr            09-09-2014, 6:10 PM Reply   
I would be getting the 2014 most likely so demoing them would probably be out of the question at free for all next year. Aside from the looks what is some differences in this years model and the 2015?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-10-2014, 8:01 AM Reply   
Boards can get stickier after they wear in. My Jobe Conflict was slicker than snot on the rails when it was new. Might have to hit it with some "Wet n Dry" to freshen it up. OTOH my CTRL RX was sticky as glue from day one.
Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       09-10-2014, 9:23 AM Reply   
boarderrr, at this point you really should see the boards up close and personal at a local retailer. That should help you decide

I haven't seen the 2015 Peak in person but looking at the demo vid, the design/shape looks the same except for the graphics.
Old     (MobyNick)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-10-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
Check out LF's Tao and Raph
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-10-2014, 11:14 AM Reply   
Slingshots are super fast on rails. I rode a recoil once and was shocked how much better it was. Sometimes I struggle to fully slide a feature, but I after riding a recoil once, I think I would struggle less on it. Too bad I'm cheap and I'm gonna just stick to my 11' Deluxe for now.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-15-2014, 3:01 PM Reply   
CWB Groove is the fastest on rails I've ridden, followed by the Hyperlite Union. Both were faster than my SS Whip, which I prefer but prob because that is the feeling I'm used to
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-16-2014, 6:23 AM Reply   
Borderr

As far as stickiness on Rails, as mentioned above. It really depends on if the rail is wet or dry. Most liquid force boards will be near the same as the base is the same (Grind Base material).

As far as durability, I never had any issues with my 2014 peak last season. The all wood core seems to be able to take a beating and hold up extremely well.

Lastly, for air tricks... both these boards will be very good for air tricks as they both have some good channels. The new peak has deeper channels in the tip and tail, which ultimately would hold a better edge and bite deeper. I have experience on both boards, they were very comparable.

As mentioned, it really comes down to what you want for flex in the board, as well as material that the board is made out of. I would also suggest going and giving each of these boards a good demo before purchasing one, so you have a hands on feel of what you prefer.

Hope this helps!
Old     (bruh)      Join Date: Jan 2015       02-08-2015, 12:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_h_wake View Post
Haha, Thanks Bam6961 for posting my old thread... Im glad it could be used to help.

Anyways, The main difference between the peak and the deluxe is that the peak is an all wood core this year, it is much thinner. The peak is also a little stiffer, but is still able to flex a great amount when you want it to.

The deluxe took the old peak from last years flex patter, where it was soft not he tip and tail, and stiffer in the middle. The deluxe is softer than the peak.

Having experience riding both, I find the new peak to have softer landings than the Deluxe, and no I do not notice any channels catching as I am pressing on a rail as I questioned in my old thread.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

hi, how did you like the peaks ollie compared to the other boards you tested like the deluxe (old peak) or was it about the same as most LF boards? because the tip and tail of the peak I noticed had a different shape which I thought may effect ollie. thanks!