Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Curtdog)      Join Date: Sep 2014       10-10-2014, 7:58 AM Reply   
This is a pretty open/vauge question. But of the used boat options to purchase what is the best boat to go for to add a factory or DIY surf system to it? We are thinking of gettting a used boat, trying to do my research on what will surf best depending on model year and not having to add balast all over the floor of the boat!

All boat recomendations welcome too! and picture of what you did to your boat to surf behind it!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-10-2014, 9:25 AM Reply   
How used are you talking? Nautique would be the oldest backwards compatible at 2012 models I think. There is also a HUGE cost to update boats, thats if the manufacturer even offers it.

As to DIY, there are no DIY aftermarket surf systems. People are literally making them each individual themselves. Its not a kit or anything. They are R&D/ engineering them one by one. So in that case, if you have the skills you can put it on any boat.

Also there are plenty of boats you can surf listed and not have sacs anywhere visible(outside storage compartments).
Old     (2LakeWake)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-10-2014, 9:31 AM Reply   
If you haven't, go over to the malibu crew and read some of the reviews on Wicked Wake Surf. I am a Malibu owner and this is the system I am going to add. Is it not automated like the new surf systems. But, the system is relatively inexpensive. ~$400 for both sides. I am in no way affiliated with these guys, but take a look. Google wicked wake surf. Can't link from phone.

Alot of the guys using it are getting some good wakes out of this system.

EDIT: I just realized I didn't specify which models of boats they are making this for.....best to reach out to them on it.

Last edited by 2LakeWake; 10-10-2014 at 9:33 AM.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-10-2014, 9:33 AM Reply   
I believe you can add the FLOW system to 2006 and newer MOOMBA .... I'm not 100 % but I think I remember hearing that system will retro on that hull and newer. Might be worth looking onto could be a pretty budget friendly set up.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-10-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
why not just buy a used boat with a proven surf wake lie a Centurion?
We made a ghetto gate for my Brother-in-laws Moomba, it worked but it didn't make it that much better and used way more weight that resulted in way more fuel. all in all it was not worth it so we threw it out.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-10-2014, 11:18 AM Reply   
If Malibu sued Nautique for NSS(completely different system but same fluid concept) they are gonna sue the crap out of that Wicked wake guy. All it is a manual Surfgate tab. Looks exactly the same and he's even designed it just for Malibu and Axis. Everyone making their own stuff is all legal as its for personal use. The minute you start selling them for profit its not legal if its patented. I'm guessing those guys are going to get a phone call from Malibu's lawyers sooner versus later.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-10-2014, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane10p View Post
I believe you can add the FLOW system to 2006 and newer MOOMBA .... I'm not 100 % but I think I remember hearing that system will retro on that hull and newer. Might be worth looking onto could be a pretty budget friendly set up.
Yes 2006 and up on the LSV.

Did Moomba get the Flow System yet on the Outback V?