Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-03-2014, 7:00 AM Reply   
2006 supra 24V with the 325

It seems to be slow to start like its got a dead battery but it will do this even when I first take it off the charger and it does it all day long. It always starts but Its like it was trouble turning over.

1. maybe it needs a new distributor cap, plugs, and plug wires? They have never been changed.

2. maybe a fuel filter, this year for the first time ever it vapor locked on me. Its was a hot day and I ride on a heated lake. So when we went in to eat lunch it sat in the sun and 98 degree water for an hour and when I started it. It ran really rough then cut off and wouldn't start back but I knew from reading on here to pour some cold water on the fuel filter and it fired right up and ran fine the rest of the day. How would I figure out what fuel filter to buy for my boat.

3. starter wearing out and not turning over the boat fast enough?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-03-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
Does the boat seem like its turning over at normal speed?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-03-2014, 9:43 AM Reply   
No it's slow at first than speeds up and cranks.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-03-2014, 9:49 AM Reply   
I had problems with my grounds this year. I checked them at the motor and on battery 1 so I figured they were good. I replaced the starter and still had problems. after many hours I finally disconnected the cable that goes from one battery to the other. there was a small amount of corrosion between the connections. I shined them up and all is good.
check the grounds at every spot is what I learned.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-03-2014, 10:15 AM Reply   
Sounds like corroded terminals on the battery cables or a worn out internally rusted starter.. replace it with a gear driven PMI starter.. they spin like crazy.. You can test the starter in the boat with long jumper cables (pos and neg) and bypass your boat cables to test.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-03-2014, 10:37 AM Reply   
Good idea Charlie
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-03-2014, 8:00 PM Reply   
Definently sounds like connection problem