Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2014, 3:24 PM Reply   
Holy shiza that video is insane. I am calling right now for Rhonda Rousey vs. Ray Rice on PPV. At 5'8" 218 that he is listed as, he would have strength on her for sure, but would be one hell of a fun fight
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
Its gonna be a long time before that guy has a chance to play again if ever. Seriously bad publicity for any team that brings him on. This trumps Mike Vic in my mind.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2014, 5:50 PM Reply   
Here's Olbermans take:http://mvads.cdn.espn.com/now/stitch...60/content.mp4

Might be a little over the top but he's somewhat right.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-08-2014, 7:25 PM Reply   
The poor woman is married to the guy! And, now he is a nobody!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2014, 7:32 PM Reply   
And soon he will worth about half of what he is today if not less when the lawyers get done with him. Why is there such a collection of bad behavior this year form pro athletes? I know it is always going on, but it has been over the top this year.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-09-2014, 6:22 AM Reply   
I think all the current outrage and sudden release and indefinite suspension are odd... WTF do the current outraged, the Browns and the NFL think happened in that elevator? Do they think that Ray Rice was lying when he said he struck his wife? Do they think she was lying when she said he struck her?

Now everyone is all "wow, he really did knock her out"....like the film we've been seeing for months, with her totally unconscious body being dragged out of the elevator and being told she got that way, by being punched by Ray Rice, didn't happen.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-09-2014, 6:29 AM Reply   
The girl was knocked the eff out a week before her wedding & went through with marrying her abuser a week later. The things scandalous bitches will do for money. Still wrong but she is clearly okay with it. I am surprised the NFL did nothing till a video forced their hand.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-09-2014, 6:47 AM Reply   
I'm calling for Goodell's resignation.. When you f'up in this league.. Your outside looking in.. That goes both ways..
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2014, 8:01 AM Reply   
I won't be surprised to find out that there has been a cover up going on with regards to who has actually seen this video.

She's not a scandalous bitch she's a victim of domestic abuse and more often than not these women (and men) feel trapped by their abuser.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-09-2014, 8:06 AM Reply   
why is nobody pointing our her striking him? im in no way saying what he did was ok, but she hit him multiple times. i think they're both pieces of trash.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-09-2014, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
I won't be surprised to find out that there has been a cover up going on with regards to who has actually seen this video.

She's not a scandalous bitch she's a victim of domestic abuse and more often than not these women (and men) feel trapped by their abuser.
LOL, yeah that's what it is. As stated above, she attacks him twice. Everything out of her mouth since has been about money & how this ruined them. Shes not a victim
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-09-2014, 9:48 AM Reply   
this is the Club Ray likes to go to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT3VJiqZLjM
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2014, 4:38 PM Reply   
I haven't read one thing from her that leads me to believe that she's "money grubbing". She is still defending her husband, their life as a family and his career but no where did I read anything about money. She did a play a role in their fight and I'm sure she pushed his buttons like crazy but getting knocked out by a man that's at least three times more powerful than is horrible and its horrifying that you, Jack, would take the attitude towards domestic violence that you have here.
Old    bigdtx            09-10-2014, 8:04 AM Reply   
OK.

I'm not defending Ray Rice. But.. They both said they were very drunk at the time this happened and the video shows her all over him and she spit in his face right before he cold-cocked her. If I'm as drunk as they were and somebody/anybody spits in my face there's a good chance they're gonna get hit regardless of gender. After the fact of course you realize - that was a mistake, but she's fine and they are living their life.

On the other hand, the Cowboys have this loser named Josh Brent on their team who got drunk at a bar and KILLED a teammate in a rollover drunk driving wreck in which he was doing 110 mph in a 45 mph zone. It was not his first DUI and he was such a knucklehead during his pretrial release (multiple positive tests for weed and alcohol, as well as attempting to remove his monitoring ankle bracelet) that the DA revoked his bond and threw him back in jail before he got convicted and got *probation* - unbelievable. The NFL punishment: 10 game suspension. He's scheduled to be back in a Cowboy uniform this season.

I just don't see how you can square those two. You kill somebody - eh.. take part of the season off. You hit somebody (yes, I know, a woman) one time and let's destroy your career and life.

Goodell has been a disaster as a commissioner and I agree he should go, not just for the Ray Rice debacle, but for the way he has mishandled that and so many other issues since he got the job.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-10-2014, 8:22 AM Reply   
Rice should sue the crap out of the Ravens and the NFL for caving to the pressures of the PC drum beaters...... I'll bet his projected loss of earnings via salary and endorsements is mucho biggo and the NFL is all in on that liability...... They are still his employer and Contracted with the union.

It's a non-job related issue, and supposedly there was no policy in place regarding assaults off the job........ Oh wait that's a police matter.........

So the NFL decides to levy a suspension off the cuff because some girl went to a gunfight with a stick? Ok-- you gotta make a show for the P.C. crowd and I'm sure there's catch-all policy in place that that covers general behavior that reflects on the Company. But then they go back and fire him after seeing the same incident at a different angle with no additonal incidents and no prior reported either? Who threw the replay challenge flag and why is there a retroactive arbitrary do-over?

And as far as the girl goes? It's none of your business once it's been seen/stopped/reported----- If she is -willing- to overlook the incident and marry the guy then she's also telling you it's none of your business. You can't help someone who refuses it and SHE WILL BE THE ONE WHO HAS TO ULTIMATELY MAKE THAT CALL.... Whether she likes the money, loves her man or just thinks getting an attitude adjustment is a part of life, it's none of your business.....And it's none of the NFL's business beyond their scope as an employer. IMO, this should have ended with the arrival of the police and the original pacifying suspension (only if some policy covered behavior that reflects on the company).

Should you care? Sure...... I think they guy is a BUM for punching her, boozed or not, and based on the video I would bet this wasn't the first time they went a few rounds. But........ if the girl is ok with it enough to let it go, then that's on her unless she has some mental incapacity or lives in the jungle where she can't get help.

UPDATE: For all you PC whiners and hater-callers I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, so stop fuming...... I'm just voicing my opinion too, and don't care that it differs from yours...

Last edited by clubjoe; 09-10-2014 at 8:31 AM.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2014, 5:30 PM Reply   
Plot thickens:http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-ne...video-sent-nfl
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2014, 5:55 PM Reply   
Longer video now shows him spitting in her face twice. Once outside the elevator where she waved at/ pushed him and walked on and a second time inside the elevator which was right before he punched her in the head. Yep she was the instigator here and "attacked" him twice. SMH
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2014, 10:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubjoe View Post
Rice should sue the crap out of the Ravens and the NFL for caving to the pressures of the PC drum beaters...... I'll bet his projected loss of earnings via salary and endorsements is mucho biggo and the NFL is all in on that liability...... They are still his employer and Contracted with the union.

It's a non-job related issue, and supposedly there was no policy in place regarding assaults off the job........ Oh wait that's a police matter.........

So the NFL decides to levy a suspension off the cuff because some girl went to a gunfight with a stick? Ok-- you gotta make a show for the P.C. crowd and I'm sure there's catch-all policy in place that that covers general behavior that reflects on the Company. But then they go back and fire him after seeing the same incident at a different angle with no additonal incidents and no prior reported either? Who threw the replay challenge flag and why is there a retroactive arbitrary do-over?

And as far as the girl goes? It's none of your business once it's been seen/stopped/reported----- If she is -willing- to overlook the incident and marry the guy then she's also telling you it's none of your business. You can't help someone who refuses it and SHE WILL BE THE ONE WHO HAS TO ULTIMATELY MAKE THAT CALL.... Whether she likes the money, loves her man or just thinks getting an attitude adjustment is a part of life, it's none of your business.....And it's none of the NFL's business beyond their scope as an employer. IMO, this should have ended with the arrival of the police and the original pacifying suspension (only if some policy covered behavior that reflects on the company).

Should you care? Sure...... I think they guy is a BUM for punching her, boozed or not, and based on the video I would bet this wasn't the first time they went a few rounds. But........ if the girl is ok with it enough to let it go, then that's on her unless she has some mental incapacity or lives in the jungle where she can't get help.

UPDATE: For all you PC whiners and hater-callers I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, so stop fuming...... I'm just voicing my opinion too, and don't care that it differs from yours...
Agree. Right or wrong, Rice has been wronged by knee jerk reactions to mishandling and lack of policy. No excusing what he did, but they have nothing to stand on to release or suspend, he's in a diversion program with a clean record once completed, legally.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-11-2014, 11:29 AM Reply   
I think the NFL has every right to fine/penalize players who hurt the NFL image. Never the less, there needs to be due-process.

We did not know what happened between Ray Rice and is fiance until the inside the elevator video came out. The initial Ray Rice video just showed him dealing with his fiance laying on the ground. She could have simply passed out from too much alcohol or drugs. Why the police dropped the case even after seeing the entire video is puzzling. But, they were likely influence by the wishes of the fiance to not press charges.

We don't know what happened between Ray McDonnald and his fiance. The police report indicated minor bruising on her arms. Who knows how that happened and perhaps Ray was trying to pick her up off the ground after she passed out from drinking too much. Not enough is known, at least publicly, for the NFL to act on this case.

Due process matters!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-11-2014, 11:55 AM Reply   
Rice would have lost street cred if he didn't bust a smack down. Gotta keep your pimp hand strong in the hood.

That's a joke for those of you that didn't get it.

Domestic violence is unacceptable at any level but the NFL has made a mockery of their disciplinary polices with the lack of consistency.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-11-2014, 7:52 PM Reply   
goodell is gonna be gone within a year. he effed this up big time, and its gonna cost him the cushiest job in the country. what a fool.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2014, 8:40 PM Reply   
Due process is fine (not that an entity like the NFK needs to afford those that play under their umbrella it) but those that commit crimes get it while having been arrested and in prison. Due Process doesn't mean you're free to go about your usual life.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-12-2014, 5:45 AM Reply   
I think Goodell is going to be fine. You can't fire someone if they didn't break the law or a company policy. If Clinton wasn't guilty of infidelity, how can Goodell be guilty of a cover up?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-12-2014, 7:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I think Goodell is going to be fine. You can't fire someone if they didn't break the law or a company policy. If Clinton wasn't guilty of infidelity, how can Goodell be guilty of a cover up?
Clinton was guilty of lying under oath, that's what got him impeached
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
I can't wait for this issue to be over. It's being way over worked.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-12-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
I can't wait for this issue to be over. It's being way over worked.
Agreed, skipped the pre-game last night. Just want to watch football without the medias agenda.