Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-14-2003, 6:02 PM Reply   
I just received the new '04 Premier 141 today. It's pretty sweet. It has the JIB base and came with .7" A-Wing fins. The molded fins are fairly long, but the flat spot on the board has no channels or anything, kinda like the Parks board. I will be using it this weekend. I also got around to finally customizing my Parks bindings to have 2 independent laces. One for the toe part and one for the upper part. And lastly, if you are thinking about getting anything Hyperlite, I would highly recommend RV @ Grizzly Sports. It's the only place you should go for Hyperlite. I just want to give some props to him.

Old    bradey_132            08-14-2003, 6:43 PM Reply   
nice board how does it ride i like what u did with the parks boots thats pretty smart
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-15-2003, 6:14 AM Reply   
I can help with that since I rode it last week. As a point of refrence I ride the 140 Premier now and tried out the new 141. The 04 Premier is stickier, meaning it tracks more than the old one. So for those of you that thought the 03 Premier was loose this one is definitely tighter. The tip and tail are wider than the old one. This messed with me a bit. You could feel that it was wider comming into and off the wake. I still want to give it more of a chance but right now the 03 version fits me better because it is looser and more foregiving than the new one. The new one is more aggressive.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-15-2003, 6:45 AM Reply   
I have to agree with Justin. RV at Grizzly-sports.com is the man for hyperlite equipment. If you are interested in any CWB equipment just drop me a line. Long live the DeepSouthRiderz.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2003, 1:49 PM Reply   
How can that place be THE PLACE for Hyperlite equipment when I got my 03' Premier + 03' Bemonts for $140.00 cheaper than they are selling their's for? Plus I had no shipping! I paid $300.00 for the board and $300.00 for the boots.

Justin: How's the new board ride. Do you have the same feedback as Phil?
Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2003, 4:44 PM Reply   
wake_fun: Give RV at Grizzly a call. I bet he will not disappoint you.

Phil: Is that with or without the center fin?

(Message edited by jess on August 15, 2003)
Old     (mishaplr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2003, 4:56 PM Reply   
Hey I am going to be in Seattle next week, does anybody know where Grizzly is located. I would love to drop by and give him some of my business. He must have a pretty sick store with all the stuff he sells.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-15-2003, 7:33 PM Reply   
Yeah, do what Jessica said and call him. He goes way below the prices on his website. I'm not sure if he actually has a store. I think it may be all through the internet, but I'm not totally sure.
Old    mayday48            08-15-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
hey i like the setup. im planning on getting the new premier. right now i ride a 140 belmont and im looking for some more kick off the top of the wake... does the three stage rocker line in the premier give the massive pop similar to the parks?
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-27-2003, 3:23 PM Reply   
Jessica, sorry for the slow response, but I ride my 03 without a fin and rode the 04 without a fin. I like a loose board, because they release a little better off the wake, not to mention you can slop out alot of your landings. (Ask anyone who's seen me ride.) Therefore, I couldn't imagine riding the 04 with the center fin, it would be even stickier yet.

I found riding finless has made me a better rider, it teaches you to use your edges and not rely on the fins for leverage. I've been preaching this to all my buddies and so far I have 4 (excluding myself) converts who ride the Premier without a center fin.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-27-2003, 4:51 PM Reply   
if your going to be in Seattle, head down to southpark and stop in at Wileys, they will hook you up with the best deal on Hyperlite.