Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-20-2015, 12:40 PM Reply   
Hi,

Looking to get some feedback from g21 buyers in 2014/2015 to check how would cost a brand new g21 with the following options:

Basic tower speaker and tower prewiring
Surf system
Tower mounted Bimini
2 axle trailer with disk brake

I am not looking for a 4th of July price but more an October price when the plant is ruining low and they have a sheer number of slot available.

I already checked seedelearcost web site and put a 20% discount on final MSRP and ended up with a 100k boat no trailer. I know a professional who got $5000 more in options and ended up with a 100k boat with trailer but I will not be able to match his discount. I hear that a basic trailer with 2 axles and disk brake should run about $5000. Not sure if this price still apply to a G21.

U.S. Dollar price for southeast from a dealer who is turning many boats a year.

If you do not want to give the price you paid to an online forum you can still pm me. I will appreciate and keep the information private. If you have way more options that is fine too, it gives an idea.

No need to argue on the model year 15 vs 16. Let's assume price will be the same even if wrong. This is another debate that I prefer not to discuss and concentrate on price paid.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by xxrb2010; 06-20-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-20-2015, 1:35 PM Reply   
Sounds about right assuming a 409 motor. 5k for a g trailer on the low side I think. Otherwise your real close I'd guess.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-20-2015, 4:23 PM Reply   
Thanks Nordicron for your input

When you say 409 motor you mean that for this 100k price the boat should have the 409 motor instead of the 343 base motor.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-20-2015, 7:56 PM Reply   
I'm a demo rider for nautique and I can tell you that first off if you are trying to shave money of the boat the VERY first place I would start is with the engine. The 343 is more than enough for really anyone out there to be honest. My boat has the 409 because I pulled off of the showroom but one of the other demo guys up here has a 21 with the 343 and with factory ballast and 8-10 people planing was still no issue whatsoever. If you plan on getting the bigger motor for ballast on top of factory the 343 I would think could very easily run 2k over factory. Top speed is very marginally different between the two. The dealer I work with actually only exclusively orders g21s with the 343 now once they have experienced the benefits of the 17 inch prop and 2:1 transmission. Also you can set the ncrs to assist at launch every time you get up which helps also. I think you are really underestimating the cost of a new trailer however. Maybe you can find a used older trailer for that price. Also we have several demo boats we sell and that may be an option if you want to get into a G at a cheaper price.

Either way I LOVE mine and I can recommend the 21 enough. Check out my review I did last week I go pretty in depth into the wake and features.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-21-2015, 5:21 AM Reply   
Thanks for your answer superair502, I appreciate you details you provided. Will look at your profile.

Can you share some lights on the price of a secured but not blink trailer for a G21 with 2 axles and disk brake. My $5000 price point comes from what I read on different forums, but I am not sure it applies to the weight of a G21.

Thanks
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-21-2015, 9:13 PM Reply   
A nice trailer will run you around $7,000+-. I doubt a dealer will be desperate enough to sell you a 2015 at cost in oct. maybe a 2014 if they have any left over. I've worked with a lot of dealers in the past, and even the demos are sold at a profit for them. You may luck into a used 2015 for the $100k mark, but that would be below what they are going for. In buying something like a boat below the market value, usually means that your buying someone's problem, meaning it's going to have scratches, tears, high hours, etc. Just some food for thought.

I have a 2015 21 with the 409 and trailer that I will sell you at a fair discount given that it has 60-75 hours on it. I won't sell it for $100k, but you will have more than everything you want and the peace of mind that it has been properly broken in and maintained.

Brad.riddick6@gmail.com Email me if interested.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-22-2015, 7:25 AM Reply   
My 2014 G21 demo with the 409 is for sale too if you are interested inbox me. This is a dealer demo boat with 40 hours and like the previous commenter said probably the most likely way you are going to the into a G21 at the price you are looking for.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-22-2015, 10:21 AM Reply   
Thanks to both of you for your inputs and proposals.
I am not looking at a 100k brand new g21 I am looking to have an idea about the fair price for a G21 based on prior purchased price by buyers. According to you it should be above 100k, fine.

However as you are sellers I will discount whatever prices you suggest. Please do not be offended. I assume you give a price with some room for negotiation.

Now on your proposals, I prefer to buy new, but I will keep your offer on hand if the fair price for a brand new g21 appears to be too expensive for me.

Last edited by xxrb2010; 06-22-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-22-2015, 10:43 AM Reply   
Xxrb2010, I think u nailed it. Guys that have actually bought the boat especially flippers don't want u to know what they paid as it's in their best interest not to. Now guys that bought other brands or negotiated and ended up not buying are likely your best source of info. Even way back when the g was first announced I was quoted about $105 without any real negotiating. So my guess is these "reps" prob got their boats right about that $100k mark and are now trying to flip without a loss and I'd do the same thing not trying to make it sound bad.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-22-2015, 11:09 AM Reply   
Fully agree and this is normal behavior.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-22-2015, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Xxrb2010, I think u nailed it. Guys that have actually bought the boat especially flippers don't want u to know what they paid as it's in their best interest not to. Now guys that bought other brands or negotiated and ended up not buying are likely your best source of info. Even way back when the g was first announced I was quoted about $105 without any real negotiating. So my guess is these "reps" prob got their boats right about that $100k mark and are now trying to flip without a loss and I'd do the same thing not trying to make it sound bad.
Some of this is true but I think you misunderstand just a little. There are guys out there that get "Bro deals" from friends or dealers that just want to get boats on the water or move something off the showroom at cost and then these guys flip for a profit after the season, these aren't usually a dealer demo but just someone who has a hook up and is making it work for them. I personally don't make anything off of my boats at the end of the year. I do however get to get into a new one once it sells which is always plenty of motivation The reason Riddick and I haven't come out giving cost price on the internet is that we work with/for the dealer and or nautique and obviously they have to make money to stay in business. With all that said they best margins you will ever get on any boat is a dealer demo unless you are pro rider.

Also I don't doubt that you may have gotten quoted what you reference on a G23 when they first came (also they were likely discounted to get them on the water (marketing)) out but I can assure you that would not be an accurate price as of 2015 for a G23.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-22-2015, 1:26 PM Reply   
Cool down guys
I am aware of the yearly deal with dealers and I have no issue with the first buyer looking for used buyers. Again I am looking to have an idea about fair price on average which is not cost price. On average dealers make profit. Otherwise they will look for another job. Our interest as buyers is to make sure they don't make abnormal profit.
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-22-2015, 6:53 PM Reply   
Buying new is the way to go, I would prefer that you support your local dealer with that purchase. They will support you in the long run. If you do not agree to their proposal, I will gladly see what we can do to get you into exactly what you want on a used 2015. Like stated above, I stand behind the dealer network, and do not look to take advantage of anyone. I'd rather keep my boat a few years than do that. You mentioned 2014/2015 in the original post, so I thought I'd chime in on the opportunity of a new-used 2015 G21.

IMO, I would go to your local dealer, and build a custom 2016 to fulfill your needs, see what pricing you can work, then look at other options if that doesn't suit you.

Thanks,

Brad
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-22-2015, 7:12 PM Reply   
By the way, to answer your question, all of the boats are optioned differently, but from what I know, the majority of the G series sell at $130K+.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       06-22-2015, 9:03 PM Reply   
Thanks Brad for finally giving him a price!!! Yeah. I agree with Brad...It doesn't take too much research on the net to find.....2015 G21.....You pay 120..you did great....you pay 130.....you did OK.....you pay more than 130..(with a 409)...and you paid too much.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-23-2015, 6:29 AM Reply   
Interesting price point
Following your inputs customers pay msrp price. At this price point I walk away without saying a word 😀
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-23-2015, 6:48 AM Reply   
Its just REALLY hard to give a set price. There are so many variables to consider. Is this a smaller dealer? A large dealer with tons of overhead? You didn't include any information on what gel schemes you are considering, there could be another 5k in upgrades there alone even without flake. Even all that considered the same boat could be 2 vastly different prices from your region to mine. I would suggest giving your local dealer a call and filling out a sheet to get a good price. If you do decide to buy slightly used then you can look outside your region. I wouldn't read too much into see dealer cost either, there are tons of options that they don't include that don't give an accurate picture and I think some of their numbers are fairly off. I think the numbers that Ken gave above aren't too far off where most dealers might be at from what information you have given.

Where are you located?
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-23-2015, 8:27 AM Reply   
In my original post I said south east and with a dealer turning many boats a year on many location.

Agree that there are many factors in the price but getting an idea on what other paid for their boat will help me figure out what I should pay.

Of course I am in contact with dealers but the first price they gave me is like meaningless so before I go in real negotiation I like to have some kind of ranges.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2015, 9:55 AM Reply   
2010....I just threw some prices up there...but those numbers are flexible. ALSO...since when is 120K msrp???? That would be a killer deal on a 2015 G21 depending on options. But I totally agree with Mase. He is 100% correct with his post. There are several options to get you into a boat you will love....and a G21 is just that. You will love it.

Last edited by kenv; 06-23-2015 at 9:58 AM.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-23-2015, 5:45 PM Reply   
Here is some proof and if you want to argue that a boat show price is the lowest you will have hard time to for a boat that is still sitting in inventory when the season is over
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-23-2015, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrb2010 View Post
Here is some proof and if you want to argue that a boat show price is the lowest you will have hard time to for a boat that is still sitting in inventory when the season is over
From October till January will get you the best price but chances are you won't get all the options you want. Why didn't you buy that G23 at that price? Chances are that price doesn't include the trailer. It is starting to sound like you can't afford a G.

Edit: Just noticed the Oklahoma dealer. Your probably a gooner fan so that explains a lot. Good luck.

Last edited by dezul; 06-23-2015 at 6:35 PM.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-23-2015, 7:03 PM Reply   
This is not my local dealer it was just an example that the prices i got so far from this post are way too high. So if a g23 without a trailer is at that price at the boat show what do you think will be a g21 in inventory? more expensive for the same option?

Second I do not go into the seller game that is trying to convince you that the boat is build for you so you have to pay a premium.

Come on forum people, so far I got only sales pitch from this forum. It seems that people on this forum try to anchor such a high price to start the negotiation from in order to convince buyer to overpay for a boat. I wonder where are the real buyers. May be at that price they start to become an extinct species.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       06-23-2015, 7:58 PM Reply   
I would think if you worked with a dealer that you could get ~20% off of MSRP plus trailer at dealer cost if you weren't going out and broadcasting the amount you paid for the boat.
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-23-2015, 8:01 PM Reply   
My g21 with the 409, Z5 bimini, flake, 2 pairs of speakers, underwater lights, cover, trailer, air dam, NSS, and shipping MSRPs at around $155,000.

If you search the internet, you'll find that most boat deals happen at a 10%-20% off MSRP= $139,500-$124,000.

If you build one, you'll probably be closer to that 10% unless the dealer isn't confident in themselves. If you buy one off the lot, you can probably negotiate around that 20% mark. That boat show price is at roughly 15% off. I can't see what that g23 includes, but at an MSRP of $137,000, it is pretty base, since the g23 starts at a 132K MSRP. Most buyers want the extras hence why it is still on the lot.

Last edited by riddick; 06-23-2015 at 8:05 PM.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2015, 8:07 PM Reply   
Shooot...the LAST thing I would throw anyone on this board or any boat enthusiast is a sales pitch. Look.....the G is the Ferrari of boats right now. You want the Ferrari...plop down the cash.....you want the Z28...go pay for that. I know a lot of boat owners due to respect for their dealers do not want to come right out and say "I paid exactly blah blah for my G in Texas....or where ever" BUT...If you read my post above I gave you an "OK" indication of what I paid for my almost loaded....but not quite...2015 G21 with the 409. As someone mentioned....Engine options in these boats are a HUGE price difference...and secondly...the trailers are a few thousand up or down based on the options.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-23-2015, 8:45 PM Reply   
not sure where you are getting your information on pricing but I think you are still off. No one on this forum has given you a sales pitch from what I've read. But That g23 is positively without a trailer and I will go ahead and say it's likely not optioned heavily either and it's being sold in boat show season... I think kenv already gave you some fairly standard pricing from what he has seen. That said, I hope you can find one in your price range because I know you will enjoy it. Like I said if u really want to save some money go with the 343 and it will knock the price down a lot and I would suggest demoing one with that motor. I have the 409 and will order with the 343 next year. With the new transmission and prop it's like having the big motor in a standard transmission ratio boat.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-23-2015, 8:48 PM Reply   
That g23 in the picture has a 8k lower msrp than my g21 too if that helps and I have basically the options you listed above so it's gotta be without a trailer. I have 409, 2 speakers, standard trailer etc.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-24-2015, 3:35 AM Reply   
Thanks for all your answers.
I like the 10% 20% answer. It is simple and straight to the point . FYI comparing a G21 with a G23 you have to take into account that the 409 is standard with G23. So the msrp difference is only roughly 9k for a base boat Apple to Apple comparison. By the way if I want a Ferrari I will go buy a car not a boat 😀.

Last, that boat is not on the lot as far as I can tell. It was just an example of price. I saw the same ballpark prices at my boat show but I did not take picture and i believe that a picture is better than words on a forum.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-24-2015, 4:16 AM Reply   
Just for educational purpose for potential buyers reading this thread. I read that you are better off with more optioned boats than less for resale purpose. I will argue that for a long time use and not flippers , people should just take the option they want/need. This is due to the concept of time value of money that say one dollar today worths more than one dollar tomorrow thanks to risk free rate and compounding interests. So if you pay more to get options you do not want/need on a long time frame this $ differences will compound to an amount I assume will be greater than the loss on your resale value due to the lack of popular options. I am talking about 6 years or more ownership. Today interests are low but they will not stay low for the next 6 years unless the economy crash again. It might happen, but if it does you also better off with a cheaper boat as you are gonna to resale it with a lose that is a percentage of what you paid. Assuming the percentage is constant you loose more with a more expensive boat. If you wait for the economy to recover to avoid loosing too much money time value of money will be worth even more.

Just for educational purpose and work only for long time ownership.

Please do not debate interest rate vs resale value lost. Yes there is a break even point depending on number of years of ownership, interest rate, and resale value differences. I am telling the concept not the math behind. Everybody has his her own assumptions about those value and can compute his her own break even point. Only when time of resale will come you will know if your assumptions were right or wrong.
Some might use some financial engineering to come up with assumptions . Whatever they will still be assumptions
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       06-24-2015, 12:51 PM Reply   
Holy cow....I just read that last post and seriously....It was the teacher from Peanuts...Wah wah wa wah...wa whah wa....whaan whaa.....LOL. You lost me at Just. Just kidding. I know everyone is trying to give you tips...but it comes down to just gittin' it done. And COME ON...the Ferrari reference was just that....a reference. I know you're buying a boat....silly !!! On a serious note...one thing you can do is if you have any questions about which options people got or didn't get...this is a great time to do that...both here and on Planet Nautique. For example...since I am a Texas boater...I did not get the expensive air dam....the heater....or the heated seats.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-24-2015, 3:05 PM Reply   
I think Brad and Mase gave you very solid information. Just out of curiosity, have you stepped foot in a G yet? If not, I suggest you go climb around one, see if the dealer will take you out behind one. See if you think it is worth the price. If you can't handle the price, look at the Tige ASR or the new Malibu boat they are about to release that is suppose to be comparable to the G. The G series is a top quality boat, they are impressive.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-24-2015, 5:59 PM Reply   
Dezul

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes I already wakeboard behind a G21 and stay inside a little bit. Do not worry about my purchasing power but thank for asking. I can afford a fair price but not a price that is not fair whatever is the price.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-24-2015, 7:43 PM Reply   
Is it me or do you reply to everyone's responses with a smart ass reply? No one is going to tell you what they paid for their G. It would be impossible for people to tell you anything accurate if you don't tell people exactly what you want such as motor size and options you want. If your purchasing power is so great, why are you worried if you pay a couple grand more than someone else? Also if you are regularly riding in a g21 that was bought in your area, why not ask your buddy what he paid? Prices are going to fluctuate according to region and dealer. Some dealers will discount more to sell more volume and others don't. If you are looking at 2016 you have to buy from your local dealer anyway because of territory. As far as trailer goes you will probably be at $5500 or more for a basic tandem axle.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-24-2015, 7:59 PM Reply   
Thanks nautiqueonly
Yes, it appears smart ass answers. I thought my question was straight forward. It seems I was wrong so I tried to rectify.

People seems very much passionate about their boat here. Which is fine. I already tried to rectify too much my goal so I will pass on yours.

I already smell all the nice replies I will have 😀
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-24-2015, 8:10 PM Reply   
The trailer under the Mastercraft and G all sold in Texas are the same boatmate as under my MB and it was $5500. My neighbors last year pricing for overflow and paid 100-115 with trailer.

Last edited by onetogofast; 06-24-2015 at 8:14 PM.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-24-2015, 8:22 PM Reply   
Thanks Ryan great inputs

What do you mean by overflow ?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-24-2015, 8:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks nautiqueonly
Yes, it appears smart ass answers. I thought my question was straight forward. It seems I was wrong so I tried to rectify.

People seems very much passionate about their boat here. Which is fine. I already tried to rectify too much my goal so I will pass on yours.

I already smell all the nice replies I will have 😀
You live in a dreamland. Good luck on your purchase.
Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-24-2015, 8:30 PM Reply   
Faster than speed of light 😀
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-24-2015, 8:46 PM Reply   
Post pictures when you get her in the water. Can't wait to see it.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-24-2015, 8:48 PM Reply   
Dont waste your time on a lame G21, check out the X80.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       06-24-2015, 8:49 PM Reply   
Hey xxrb....I found a used 2015 G21 in Alabama....but dang it....it's missing the Bimini you put in your straight forward question.
Attached Images

Old     (xxrb2010)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-24-2015, 8:56 PM Reply   
Ken
You have the best so far.
Do you have the heated seat option on yours.

Wait .... Picture does not look like a G21.
Old     (JJwake)      Join Date: May 2014       06-24-2015, 9:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just for educational purpose for potential buyers reading this thread. I read that you are better off with more optioned boats than less for resale purpose. I will argue that for a long time use and not flippers , people should just take the option they want/need. This is due to the concept of time value of money that say one dollar today worths more than one dollar tomorrow thanks to risk free rate and compounding interests. So if you pay more to get options you do not want/need on a long time frame this $ differences will compound to an amount I assume will be greater than the loss on your resale value due to the lack of popular options. I am talking about 6 years or more ownership. Today interests are low but they will not stay low for the next 6 years unless the economy crash again. It might happen, but if it does you also better off with a cheaper boat as you are gonna to resale it with a lose that is a percentage of what you paid. Assuming the percentage is constant you loose more with a more expensive boat. If you wait for the economy to recover to avoid loosing too much money time value of money will be worth even more.

Just for educational purpose and work only for long time ownership.

Please do not debate interest rate vs resale value lost. Yes there is a break even point depending on number of years of ownership, interest rate, and resale value differences. I am telling the concept not the math behind. Everybody has his her own assumptions about those value and can compute his her own break even point. Only when time of resale will come you will know if your assumptions were right or wrong.
Some might use some financial engineering to come up with assumptions . Whatever they will still be assumptions
HAHA. SO GO BUY A G21! According to you, it doesn't matter what you pay today, so what is the point of this thread if you already know it all. Congrats on being so awesome. I'm kidding. You have no idea about what your talking about. You should listen to the people who are trying to help. Otherwise your a real idiot.

Last edited by JJwake; 06-24-2015 at 9:37 PM.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       06-24-2015, 9:44 PM Reply   
xxrb....man....you know I'm just messing with you. I just couldn't resist....that picture always cracks me up. Good luck with the boat purchase.