Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-18-2020, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Nothing yanks a Proud Boys chain harder than black people saving America.
I guess similar to a police officer saving someones life. really chaps the ass of the BLM
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-18-2020, 12:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
you and the democrat media tell us what Trump is going to do with the funds. I am sure they made up a story about it already. If you are stupid enough to send money to a politician, then it is money lost. That is on you, however that is not at all like selling access to the highest levels of government in exchange for preferential treatment in our policy.
This is what the Trumps always do with the money, Shell companies, keeps it all in the family!
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...191639862.html
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-18-2020, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
See, you are manipulated in thought. I have never given a single dollar to any political organization. You just made it up in your head that I have.
Really! You never bought a Trump flag or a Red ass Hat?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-18-2020, 5:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
What's your guys' take on the real Russian hacking scandal (SolarWinds)? Good grief, access to our nuke agency? We may never know what they've been able to accomplish.
Trumplovers don’t care about actual issues. Just look at Tucker - not a word on the hack of our government but piece after piece about how Jill Biden’s dissertation had some typos in it and how it’s a national embarrassment.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-19-2020, 5:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
I guess similar to a police officer saving someones life. really chaps the ass of the BLM
African Americans can be police officers. Can they gain membership into the Proud Boys?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-19-2020, 5:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Really! You never bought a Trump flag or a Red ass Hat?
Good luck getting him to tell the truth. He thinks wearing a MAGA hat makes you a patriot; it's not a political donation.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-19-2020, 2:54 PM Reply   
Space force guardians huh, pretty sweet. For a seven year old. How do you guys look in the mirror?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-20-2020, 10:34 AM Reply   
All we need is a little martial law to straighten out this election. Trump could probably ask Putin to send over his soldiers. right?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-21-2020, 5:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
African Americans can be police officers. Can they gain membership into the Proud Boys?
I dont know, can a proud boy gain membership into the BLM cult or a police officer be a BLM member. hard to tell these days.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-21-2020, 12:43 PM Reply   
Fox and newsmax having to admit on air they are fake news and the mark//rod/doug fantasy is just that. Trump doing nothing but gritting his way out the door

https://www.businessinsider.com/news...tmatic-2020-12
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-21-2020, 3:42 PM Reply   
Just like Trump promised, there was voter fraud. Evil.
https://www.businessinsider.com/vote...rce=reddit.com
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-21-2020, 3:52 PM Reply   
LOL @ Losers will hold their own inauguration.
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/53...ine-january-20
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-21-2020, 5:45 PM Reply   
Way to go GOP, thank god they argued for the 3 martini lunch tax deduction! Hard at work for the working folks again!

https://theweek.com/speedreads/95639...artini-lunches
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-22-2020, 5:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Way to go GOP, thank god they argued for the 3 martini lunch tax deduction! Hard at work for the working folks again!

https://theweek.com/speedreads/95639...artini-lunches
Awesome!
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       12-22-2020, 6:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Awesome!
But wait, don't forget the tax deduction for race horse owners! Makes me feel so good knowing that our elected officials are working to support those that need it!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-22-2020, 8:18 AM Reply   
I am sure if you read the bill there would be a lot of things that would piss you off more than a tax deduction.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-22-2020, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
I am sure if you read the bill there would be a lot of things that would piss you off more than a tax deduction.

I agree with this 100%
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-22-2020, 10:40 AM Reply   
Every American should be pissed off at this and how it was passed. This is government at its worst pissing away our money on pet projects that have little or nothing to do with the pandemic.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-22-2020, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Every American should be pissed off at this and how it was passed. This is government at its worst pissing away our money on pet projects that have little or nothing to do with the pandemic.
Agree. Bernie pushed for a clean 2k direct aid with no corporate lollie scramble but the weasels couldn't do it.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-22-2020, 11:41 AM Reply   
I said "American". You are likely getting a windfall out of that POS.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-22-2020, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
I agree with this 100%
At 5500 pages how can we expect anyone to read it.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-22-2020, 12:16 PM Reply   
because its their job??? When it came out they should have declined to vote on it until it could be vetted.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-22-2020, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
because its their job??? When it came out they should have declined to vote on it until it could be vetted.
Well, thats why Kentucky's Rand Paul voted against. It would take at least a week to read that much. Agree its their job, but when do they get time. Seems like there would be a better way. Including not adding in a bunch of non covid related business to a specific covid relief package.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-22-2020, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well, instead of signing on to BS lawsuits, going to luncheons at the WH, and rallying around baseless claims of voter fraud, they should have put the American people first and "vetted" the bill. That includes that spineless POS, Rand Paul. Instead of speaking at Ron Johnson's Senate Intelligence/Election Fraud/Trump Suckoff Party/Advocare Presentation about "election being stolen", he could have been doing something to help the millions of Americans in the state of KY. He wants to make sure to be recognized as a loyal lapdog of Trump.

I say F it. If our politicians want to pick and choose the causes they advance, then don't bitch and moan when they pass bills without reading them.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-22-2020, 2:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
I said "American". You are likely getting a windfall out of that POS.
That's good, how do I sign up?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-22-2020, 4:08 PM Reply   
Trump Veto's the bill. He's not wrong to be honest the bill stinks.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-22-2020, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Trump Veto's the bill. He's not wrong to be honest the bill stinks.
Pelosi agrees with him and wants to take it directly to the House floor. Let's see what the GOP does now.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-22-2020, 7:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Well, thats why Kentucky's Rand Paul voted against. It would take at least a week to read that much. Agree its their job, but when do they get time. Seems like there would be a better way. Including not adding in a bunch of non covid related business to a specific covid relief package.
When do they get time ? Being a politician is a part time job with a full time salary. This is precisely the issue. Nobody reads **** and the pork and non related items always squeak through. This bill is brutal. I guess they need to pass it so they can see what’s in it again. That’s seems to be the lefty standard.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-22-2020 at 7:59 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-22-2020, 7:56 PM Reply   
A snapshot into the mind of liberals.

You know how many people died of COVID in San Francisco?

You know how many died of drug overdoses?

Fifty-eight more people died of drug overdoses in San Francisco last month [November], bringing the yearly total to at least 621. That compares to 441 deaths in all of 2019.

The latest numbers put San Francisco on track to losing nearly two people a day by the end of the year and dwarf the 173 deaths from COVID-19 the city has seen so far this year.

If there was a virus spreading, killing four times as many people as are currently dying of COVID, would there be some sort of panic driven response?

Maybe making drugs illegal instead of promoting them would save lives ...........just a thought.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-22-2020, 8:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Unfortunately they burned all of that time on the frontend with the grandstanding and the posturing. And then came up with a last minute hodge podge of pork. And now the president is driving the crazytown bus right off the cliff. Classic.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-22-2020, 8:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
When do they get time ? Being a politician is a part time job with a full time salary. This is precisely the issue. Nobody reads **** and the pork and non related items always squeak through. This bill is brutal. I guess they need to pass it so they can see what’s in it again. That’s seems to be the lefty standard.
Good thing you've got McConnell and the Very Stable Genius to counterbalance.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-22-2020, 8:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe making drugs illegal instead of promoting them would save lives ...........just a thought.
Right? If suicide were illegal, people would probably think twice before attempting.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-22-2020, 8:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
If a private citizen barges into my home, without cause, I am legally justified in defending my property.
If a police officer barges into my home, without cause, I am criminally liable in defending my property.

Explain how that is Constitutional. The police had no business in going to Taylor's apartment.

Are you a moron ? It’s constitutional because they had a legally obtained search warrant , numerous confirmed and logged wire taps on Taylor , multiple surveillance’s on the apartment. I am sure you’re well aware that there are cases across the nation in which officers have been shot during legally obtained warrants, which gives them just cause to enter your home legally , and the criminal charges for the shooting aspect of the incident were not pursued. Nice to see you’re back spewing retarded fantasy claims with no factually correct info whatsoever. If a police officer barges into your home without cause they are a criminal , it’s called a home invasion

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-22-2020 at 8:18 PM.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-23-2020, 1:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
At 5500 pages how can we expect anyone to read it.
Once trump is officially out, the left will make a bill (hopefully one not totally redic) and pass it. This is and has been a game. Make a bill that no one would ever pass, so they can slam Trump. Its like force feeding **** to someone, just to see if they will eat it. Counting Fish is not covid relief, lol Its totally intentional BS
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-23-2020, 3:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Once trump is officially out, the left will make a bill (hopefully one not totally redic) and pass it. This is and has been a game. Make a bill that no one would ever pass, so they can slam Trump. Its like force feeding **** to someone, just to see if they will eat it. Counting Fish is not covid relief, lol Its totally intentional BS
You do realize that this is also the spending bill that just keeps the government open, right? They can't not do this without forcing a government shutdown.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-23-2020, 4:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are you a moron ? It’s constitutional because they had a legally obtained search warrant , numerous confirmed and logged wire taps on Taylor , multiple surveillance’s on the apartment. I am sure you’re well aware that there are cases across the nation in which officers have been shot during legally obtained warrants, which gives them just cause to enter your home legally , and the criminal charges for the shooting aspect of the incident were not pursued. Nice to see you’re back spewing retarded fantasy claims with no factually correct info whatsoever. If a police officer barges into your home without cause they are a criminal , it’s called a home invasion
The officers were wrong in what they told the judge to obtain the warrant. That is public information. And I am sure this isn't the first time the warrant procedure was exploited by cops/officials (see the case in FL where they came in guns drawn to confiscate a laptop).

I'm glad to see that you think a warrant gives police the authority to shoot and kill innocent Americans. It's cops like you that give honest police officers a bad name. Hopefully, you are caught or due to retire soon. A racist cop, such as yourself, has no business defending the American public. Citizens in your city are counting on you to do the right thing. You have consistently shown you have no desire to serve anyone but yourself and a flawed political ideology.

And I am sure you are aware that "there are cases across the nation in which" private citizens have been shot when cops went to the wrong address or were looking for someone and were provided the wrong information during the warrant issuing. I guess that's okay.

Last edited by wake77; 12-23-2020 at 4:11 AM.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-23-2020, 4:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
You do realize that this is also the spending bill that just keeps the government open, right? They can't not do this without forcing a government shutdown.
you do realize, counting the number of amber jack, is not a covid component. so pass a covid only bill, thats real, then manage the spending bill. as its what they are suppose to do. Well, at least the understanding is they govern but that is rare these days
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-23-2020, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well, instead of signing on to BS lawsuits, going to luncheons at the WH, and rallying around baseless claims of voter fraud, they should have put the American people first and "vetted" the bill. That includes that spineless POS, Rand Paul. Instead of speaking at Ron Johnson's Senate Intelligence/Election Fraud/Trump Suckoff Party/Advocare Presentation about "election being stolen", he could have been doing something to help the millions of Americans in the state of KY. He wants to make sure to be recognized as a loyal lapdog of Trump.

I say F it. If our politicians want to pick and choose the causes they advance, then don't bitch and moan when they pass bills without reading them.
The bill didn't come out until a few hours before they had to vote on it but good job getting all that pointless crap into a paragraph.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-23-2020, 6:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
A snapshot into the mind of liberals.

You know how many people died of COVID in San Francisco?
303 in my county in Florida. Looks like San Francisco was doing something right as it has double the population.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-23-2020, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
The bill didn't come out until a few hours before they had to vote on it but good job getting all that pointless crap into a paragraph.
What's "pointless" about anything? I guess your explanation is they forgot that the current CARES Act (which passed about 9 mos. ago) was set to expire the day after Christmas. Again, when your priorities are investigating imaginary voter fraud and kissing the ass of a president that just got voted out of office, you get bills that "come out a few hours before they had to vote on it".

Last edited by wake77; 12-23-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-23-2020, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
What's "pointless" about anything? I guess your explanation is they forgot that the current CARES Act (which passed about 9 mos. ago) was set to expire the day after Christmas. Again, when your priorities are investigating imaginary voter fraud and kissing the ass of a president that just got voted out of office, you get bills that "come out a few hours before they had to vote on it".
C'mon you guys. Have any of you looked at or downloaded the bill? It, like most federal legislation, is INSANELY complex. I don't care if you gave people a month to figure it out, it's too complicated for all but the most seasoned legislation drafters and US Code geeks to have a chance of figuring out.

So we gotta trust leadership, who trust the lawyers who wrote the bill, that it says what they think it says. As with most things, it's gonna have some unintended consequences.

As for all of the foreign aid -- remember this is a covid relief bill AND a general spending bill. Guess who asked for the foreign aid?

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-23-2020, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
RIght. It was all the republicans fault for delaying the bill..................
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-23-2020, 10:40 AM Reply   
SD. Thats funny if true. Show your work.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-23-2020, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
SD. Thats funny if true. Show your work.

CNN White House reporter’s Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/kevinliptakcnn/s...334828034?s=21
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-23-2020, 4:42 PM Reply   
https://dennismichaellynch.com/break...NSJL_aMc74f0y4
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-23-2020, 8:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Yeah that is the dumb part.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-23-2020, 8:55 PM Reply   
I love how the president can pardon all his cronies while going out the back door, very banana Republic like. Great system.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-24-2020, 5:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah that is the dumb part.
I couldn't find one thing that backed up those budget proposal numbers in a quick search.

Why is dumb that he wants them to kill the waste?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-24-2020, 7:42 AM Reply   
It's as if after months of Congress negotiating the President had no idea what they were discussing until now. Too much executive time watching OAN and Newsmax I guess.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-24-2020, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
I love how the president can pardon all his cronies while going out the back door, very banana Republic like. Great system.
It’s not settled law if a pardon used with criminal intent is valid.

The accusations from the special counsel was that trumps allies were lying to investigators to protect trump and because they expected a pardon for it.

So either we rule that the president is king and everyone he deems so is above the law while he’s in office, or the president is bound by laws and can’t abuse his power to break laws with impunity.

I look forward to Republican constitutional originalist arguing that the founders meant for the president to be a temporary king in their attempts to protect trump.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-24-2020, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
I couldn't find one thing that backed up those budget proposal numbers in a quick search.

It's peak trump, highlight a real issue for populist brownie points, have no intention of doing anything to fix it or come up with the worst possible "solution"
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-24-2020, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
RIght. It was all the republicans fault for delaying the bill..................
So is that your way of saying they bear no responsibility?

Pelosi and the Democrats agreed to Trump's demand of $2000 payments. The GOP just said no. Now, it is "all the republicans fault for delaying the bill....................".
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-24-2020, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
So is that your way of saying they bear no responsibility?

Pelosi and the Democrats agreed to Trump's demand of $2000 payments. The GOP just said no. Now, it is "all the republicans fault for delaying the bill....................".
The whole system is completely broken, picking sides and thinking one party is more responsible than the other is folly, they are all responsible and the American people suffer more than necessary. Anybody liberal who thinks Pelosi and Schumer aren't playing swamp games are deluded.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-24-2020, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...2/sta_fy21.pdf

Cambodia is at 897.

Burma is 896.

go to page 899 for the pakistan gender programs request. I'm too lazy to find them all, but I don't doubt that they're in there.

It's fine to kill waste. But railing against the waste you yourself asked for is really dumb.

The whole budget is here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/

Last edited by shawndoggy; 12-24-2020 at 2:49 PM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-24-2020, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...2/sta_fy21.pdf

Cambodia is at 897.

Burma is 896.

go to page 899 for the pakistan gender programs request. I'm too lazy to find them all, but I don't doubt that they're in there.

It's fine to kill waste. But railing against the waste you yourself asked for is really dumb.

The whole budget is here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/
You've got a guy insisting that he won the election. Rudy Giuliani and Sydney Powell are thinking they are going to receive a Get-Out-Of-Jail Free card in the form of a Presidential pardon, not realizing that will not shield them from civil litigation; and these are the "legal experts" advising him. Who is surprised with that moron attempted to blame someone else for his proposed spending?

I think Trump's biggest problem is that his lies have caught up to him. There aren't enough TrumpKissAssers in the House and Senate to do anything on January 6th. He knows he is about to look like a big horse's ass on when Joe Biden is sworn in on January 20th.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-25-2020, 12:26 PM Reply   
As of Nov. 23, Trump had granted clemency 44 times, including 28 pardons and 16 commutations. That’s the lowest total of any president since at least William McKinley, who served at the turn of the 20th century. Obama, by comparison, granted clemency 1,927 times during his eight-year tenure, including 212 pardons and 1,715 commutations. The only modern president who granted clemency almost as infrequently as Trump is George H.W. Bush, who granted 77 pardons and commutations in his single term.

The Obama administration encouraged federal prisoners to apply for leniency under a program known as the Clemency Initiative. The program, which launched in April 2014 and ended in 2017 when Obama left office, allowed “qualified federal inmates” – those who met certain Justice Department criteria – to apply to have their prison sentences commuted. The initiative led to a surge in petitions and helps explain why Obama’s use of clemency tilted so heavily toward sentence commutations, rather than pardons.

Overall, Obama received more than 36,000 clemency petitions during his time in office, by far the largest total of any president on record. Petitions have declined considerably during Trump’s tenure. So let’s be honest here, the only president littering our nation with the abuse of this power was Obama to drain our prison system of actual criminals. Just another blinding statistic to slap the left in the face as usual.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-25-2020, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just another blinding statistic to slap the left in the face as usual.
Excellent to have a stats guy here, while your at it how many related parties did Obama pardon?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-26-2020, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
As of Nov. 23, Trump had granted clemency 44 times, including 28 pardons and 16 commutations. That’s the lowest total of any president since at least William McKinley, who served at the turn of the 20th century. Obama, by comparison, granted clemency 1,927 times during his eight-year tenure, including 212 pardons and 1,715 commutations. The only modern president who granted clemency almost as infrequently as Trump is George H.W. Bush, who granted 77 pardons and commutations in his single term.

The Obama administration encouraged federal prisoners to apply for leniency under a program known as the Clemency Initiative. The program, which launched in April 2014 and ended in 2017 when Obama left office, allowed “qualified federal inmates” – those who met certain Justice Department criteria – to apply to have their prison sentences commuted. The initiative led to a surge in petitions and helps explain why Obama’s use of clemency tilted so heavily toward sentence commutations, rather than pardons.

Overall, Obama received more than 36,000 clemency petitions during his time in office, by far the largest total of any president on record. Petitions have declined considerably during Trump’s tenure. So let’s be honest here, the only president littering our nation with the abuse of this power was Obama to drain our prison system of actual criminals. Just another blinding statistic to slap the left in the face as usual.
Clemency is an act of mercy and there is an office in Department of Justice to consider and process clemency applications. Exercising that constitutional power in fair way under the advice of a team organized for the purpose of weighing applications (though it could definitely be more transparent) and calling it an abuse of power is laughable, especially in comparison to Trump's "pardon your cronies" method.

With great power comes great responsibility. Trump's self serving exercise of the pardon and clemency powers taints the office of the president, not just his tenure in the office.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-26-2020, 5:55 AM Reply   
Quote:

Did Obama pardon any family members. Did Obama go out of his way to pardon his lawbreaking comrades? Did he consider issuing himself a pardon? Senators that have been loyal to Trump for much of his presidency are questioning his pardons.

You "blinding statistic" is just more delusion out of the mouth of the resident racist cop. Now mosey off to Facebook or Parlor to find the meme with your next "blinding statistic".
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-26-2020, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Clemency is an act of mercy and there is an office in Department of Justice to consider and process clemency applications. Exercising that constitutional power in fair way under the advice of a team organized for the purpose of weighing applications (though it could definitely be more transparent) and calling it an abuse of power is laughable, especially in comparison to Trump's "pardon your cronies" method.

With great power comes great responsibility. Trump's self serving exercise of the pardon and clemency powers taints the office of the president, not just his tenure in the office.
Clemency IS SUPPOSED TO BE an act of mercy. It was abused by the Obama administration . There is a reason a record setting amount , near triple the standard were submitted under his tenure. He lowered the bar and aspects to grant it in order to empty prisons. He assigned quadruple the amount of investigators to the DOJ to handle is pet project. Of those he granted early release an alarming 36 percent ended up right back in prison. 17 percent of those committing violent felonies.

The amount of petitions went back to the standard under Trump , falling just under the normal mean of applications.

I don’t dispute Trump taking some questionable pardon actions. However the fact he’s pardoning people close to him is the fact they were targeted simply for supporting him in a 5 year with hint to destroy him. If you targeted everyone in politics with the same scrutiny they left went after Trump with over 1/2 of Washington would be prison.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-26-2020, 1:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Clemency IS SUPPOSED TO BE an act of mercy. It was abused by the Obama administration . There is a reason a record setting amount , near triple the standard were submitted under his tenure. He lowered the bar and aspects to grant it in order to empty prisons. He assigned quadruple the amount of investigators to the DOJ to handle is pet project. Of those he granted early release an alarming 36 percent ended up right back in prison. 17 percent of those committing violent felonies.

The amount of petitions went back to the standard under Trump , falling just under the normal mean of applications.

I don’t dispute Trump taking some questionable pardon actions. However the fact he’s pardoning people close to him is the fact they were targeted simply for supporting him in a 5 year with hint to destroy him. If you targeted everyone in politics with the same scrutiny they left went after Trump with over 1/2 of Washington would be prison.
I don't know the answer but I'm curious as to the growth in the number of people in prison during the Obama admin in relation to the number of clemency petitions granted... Did Obama really "empty prisons?" Looks like about a quarter million people in the federal pen at any one time. At most Obama caused 1 out of 100 to be released. Hardly emptying the prisons?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-26-2020, 7:17 PM Reply   
That well known RINO Colin Powell just suggested Flynn be recalled to the Military so they can throw his dumb arse in the brig for sedition. Lol
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-27-2020, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:

88% of trumps pardons were his past associates, people who lied and covered up for him, dirty republican politicians, and a few murderous missionaries. Way to drain the swamp.
Those people were not targeted, they were lying to our federal agencies in order to cover up for trump. When gang bangers dont flip on other bangers do you believe those poor gang bangers were " targeted" too?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-27-2020, 2:46 PM Reply   
looks like investigation one the Dominion servers, in the AT&T building just happened to "blow up" Crazy how these random things happen. Whats the odds?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-27-2020, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
looks like investigation one the Dominion servers, in the AT&T building just happened to "blow up" Crazy how these random things happen. Whats the odds?
I'd say the odds are higher than a grand conspiracy involving democrats, private voting companies and swing states which didn't use dominion machines.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-27-2020, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
I mean what bomber gives a warning countdown and detonates on one of the most desolate days at the most desolate time to minimize casualties? All things that make you go hmm.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-27-2020 at 6:40 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-27-2020, 7:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
I don't know the answer but I'm curious as to the growth in the number of people in prison during the Obama admin in relation to the number of clemency petitions granted... Did Obama really "empty prisons?" Looks like about a quarter million people in the federal pen at any one time. At most Obama caused 1 out of 100 to be released. Hardly emptying the prisons?
There wasn’t a growth of people in prison under his administration, it was a significant reduction. In fact he is the only president post carter to see a reduction , and 1 of 5 presidents all time to see a reduction. This was of based on no bond, low bond movements, as well as his project to grant the most clemencies of any sitting president. Put that all together with the BLM movement working in tandem with Obama’s DOJ on re writing criminal law in major democratic cities , as well as their war on police and you also had a record number of prison facilities closed under his tenure. Crime laws were re-written , certain felony offenses were no longer jailable,violent criminals are no longer held in bonds , significant drug offenses and Property crimes were no longer prosecuted. If that wasn’t enough , major democratic city departments began cooking the books on crime stats. Reclassifying crimes from violent to low level , raising the thresholds of thefts and property crimes to be be deemed felonies , and outright refusals to prosecute most misdemeanor. The FBI no longer accepts crime stats from select cities because they know they’re being altered with the changes to give a false sense of a less violent America.

While the original topic was Obama’s clemency acts , you also can’t look past the state policies being pushed under the direction of his DOJ as well as Soros backed DA’s in major crime ridden areas. The blatant refusal to prosecute and back door plea deals to make cases and jail time disappear was record setting as well.

Now you’re seeing the results of those policies . Violent Crime rates in major cities are at an all time high. Drug overdoses are at record setting levels even pre covid. Those are expected to increase by 30-40 percent t to due covid this year. We here the focus of the left on gun crime. Guns are an evil piece of steel. In 2019 15,000 people were killed by gunfire. Yet the prosecution of gun offenders is non existent. For example you need to be caught on average 4 separate times committing a felonious gun crime before prison time is actually handed out. The first two offenses you see a jail cell for less than 24hrs total. Yet the left wants to take guns away from law abiding citizens. While spewing gun crime out their left side , out of the other side of their mouth theyre pushing legalizing hardcore drugs and refusing to prosecute drug offenders. You heard it almost daily on the recent campaign trail. A staggering 71,000 Americans in 2019 died from drug overdoses( keep in mind that’s with most first responders across America being mandated to carry and administer NARCAN ) That’s overs 3 times the amount of dead bodies stacked up due to illegal drugs. Yet the left is emptying the prison of dealers ..........in essence legalizing hard core drugs and refusing to prosecute the dealers/murderers ? You tell me how any of that makes any sense.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-28-2020, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
I mean what bomber gives a warning countdown and detonates on one of the most desolate days at the most desolate time to minimize casualties? All things that make you go hmm.
Right wing trump inspired terrorists and nicer than antifa terrorists? Sure, great take.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-28-2020, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
It's peak trump, highlight a real issue for populist brownie points, have no intention of doing anything to fix it or come up with the worst possible "solution"
And right on cue after making a big song and dance Trump signs relief bill with zero changes and pitiful $600 for everyday people. Classic Trump.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-28-2020, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
In 2019 15,000 people were killed by gunfire.
Not even close, about 40,000 in 2018, probably more in 2019! I thought you knew something about gun deaths in the US?

https://health.ucdavis.edu/what-you-can-do/facts.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-28-2020, 1:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Not even close, about 40,000 in 2018, probably more in 2019! I thought you knew something about gun deaths in the US?

I'm sure he's discounting suicides. Which is a fair point, though also hard to distinguish from addicts OD'ing.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-28-2020, 5:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm sure he's discounting suicides. Which is a fair point, though also hard to distinguish from addicts OD'ing.
I don’t know I agree with someone who gets hooked on drugs and od’s as a result of their choice to get high falls into the same category as a lawful gun owner that suddenly decides his life isn’t worth it anymore. If you ask me that’s more equatable to an accidental gun death which is less that 2% of the totals. So if we any to daily compare OD’n to that I’d put those numbers up. The gun didn’t change his mindset , but the long term effects of drug use can damage someone’s mind. Also if you’re going to include suicides in the killed by gunfire category , then we would need to add a big chunk to the OD side in order to include all the drug induced suicides in that list , because to my knowledge the current list does not include those suicides as part of their numbers. I will concede it’s much harder to tell if an OD was a deliberate suicide without extra info , but a self inflicted gunshot wound is pretty self explanatory.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-28-2020 at 5:58 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-28-2020, 5:54 PM Reply   
Quote:

I do and you clearly don’t. So I’ll educate you and your feeble mind once again. A majority of gun deaths are suicide over 60%. Shootings one’s self in the head or heart is not a crime. It’s an easy means to an end, If guns went away those people would simple choose another method. 37 percent of gun deaths in the 2018 numbers you proclaim are actual homicides ...... killed by gunfire , You know used in actual murders. The sole reason the left wants them gone. You should really pay attention to the details. My numbers are spot on AS ALWAYS. It’s pulled directly from the crime stats . Look it up and post the Info to dispute what I posted. I’d love to see the link that says there are 40,000 homicides by guns.

Your own info slaps you in the face. Even including numbers of gun death suicides that you want to pretend should be included , 40,000 is still nowhere near the drug death epidemic , yet they want to legalize them all and not prosecute the dealers killing almost double even with your sewed numbers.

Among other public health problems, drug overdose deaths have also been surging, a trend that continued in 2017. About 70,000 people died from drug overdoses last year — almost double the number that died from guns, the health statistics center reported.

You would've thought you learned your lesson getting kicked in the nuts multiple times about your false claim Michelle Obama grew up in the ghetto. Now you come back for more. Just give up , you really don’t have a clue and you keep showing your uneducated mind.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-28-2020, 6:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
I do and you clearly don’t. So I’ll educate you and your feeble mind once again. A majority of gun deaths are suicide over 60%. Shootings one’s self in the head or heart is not a crime. It’s an easy means to an end, If guns went away those people would simple choose another method. 37 percent of gun deaths in the 2018 numbers you proclaim are actual homicides ...... killed by gunfire , You know used in actual murders. The sole reason the left wants them gone. You should really pay attention to the details. My numbers are spot on AS ALWAYS. It’s pulled directly from the crime stats . Look it up and post the Info to dispute what I posted. I’d love to see the link that says there are 40,000 homicides by guns. Your own info slaps you in the face. Even including numbers of gun death suicides that you want to pretend should be included , 40,000 is still nowhere near the drug death epidemic , yet they want to legalize them all and not prosecute the dealers killing almost double even with your sewed numbers.

Among other public health problems, drug overdose deaths have also been surging, a trend that continued in 2017. About 70,000 people died from drug overdoses last year — almost double the number that died from guns, the health statistics center reported.
You would've thought you learned your lesson getting kicked in the nuts multiple times about your false claim Michelle Obama grew up in the ghetto. Now you come back for more. Just give up , you really don’t have a clue and you keep showing your uneducated mind.
You said " In 2019 15,000 people were killed by gunfire" Nothing about those killed by gunfire being crime
You are Wrong again! Like always you make stuff up FOR THE SIXTH TIME I SAID MICHELLE WAS BORN IN THE PROJECTS BUT GREW UP MIDDLE CLASS,
About 40,000 people killed by gunfire last year and you cannot dispute that, we cannot even agree to disagree, I feel sorry for anyone who has to talk with you or reason with you, have a good life!
but I know you have a problem with reading comprehension
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-28-2020, 7:14 PM Reply   
Quote:

Your own info slaps you in the face. Even including numbers of gun death suicides that you want to pretend should be included , 40,000 is still nowhere near the drug death epidemic , yet they want to legalize them all and not prosecute the dealers killing almost double even with your sewed numbers.

So people who kill themselves with a gun = *shrug* cost of doing business, but people who die because of drug OD (MANY of which are LEGALLY PRESCRIBED, mind you) = crisis!

Why is the life of an addict worth more than the life of a gun owner who makes a rash and irrevocable decision?

Suicide by gun IS a public health crisis by the numbers.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       12-28-2020, 9:36 PM Reply   
I left for months, and y’all are STILL talking about this ****?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-28-2020, 9:59 PM Reply   
Oh man, I don’t miss this thread much at all. What a cancer it was on my time and life. I see the dipschitt wake77 Jeremy decided to rear his A-hole head here again. Did 95 shut his pie hole for a minute and create a Jeremy vacuum? Those two butt pirates are interchangeable brothas from a different motha. Must not be enough gay sailor parades for Jeremy to dress up for any more, thanks to the Kung Flu. Also hilarious to hear Joe try to talk about anyone’s comprehension abilities when he’s known as the WW village idiot-even among his libtard pals here. I mean seriously, there are dirt clods more intelligent than him. I also see 95 is still maintaining the personality of a shovel. You guys and your libtard circle jerk are seriously nothing more than a bunch of losers. So funny..... oh and Trump is still your president. Lol lol lol
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-28-2020, 10:06 PM Reply   
So awesome that Trump and Mitch replaced 30% of all the fed judges and 3 SC picks for the icing on the cake. That’s gonna leave a mark as the libtards try to unleash their unconstitutional/un-American agenda soon.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-28-2020, 11:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
You said " In 2019 15,000 people were killed by gunfire" Nothing about those killed by gunfire being crime
You are Wrong again! Like always you make stuff up FOR THE SIXTH TIME I SAID MICHELLE WAS BORN IN THE PROJECTS BUT GREW UP MIDDLE CLASS,
About 40,000 people killed by gunfire last year and you cannot dispute that, we cannot even agree to disagree, I feel sorry for anyone who has to talk with you or reason with you, have a good life!
but I know you have a problem with reading comprehension
And for 6th time you’re wrong you can change your wording all you want. Now you’re claiming projects. Your exact words because you’re memory is clearly failing
. Michelle is Not privileged, you don't go from living in the Ghetto she never spent one day in the ghetto. Now that you’re wrong for the 6th time...............

A self inflicted gun shot is not someone killed by gunfire. You can’t even use the term ghetto correctly and now you’re attempting to misuse the terms of gun deaths and make your own definitions. You’d know that if you actually cared to do any research of your own and looked at actual gun death statistics. There is a clear distinction between being killed by gunfire and dying from a self Inflicted gun shot wound. You can claim all you want it’s the same , but the experts clearly make the distinction. There is also a clear distinct classification of how those are counted. Killed by gunfire means exactly that in any stat , not self inflicted. Spend some time in a court room, ME’s office , in law enforcement , or researching gun stats and you’d know that, I would t need to be holding you hand .

But since you’re short on actual education , let’s play along with your numbers for a second and make this easy for you. 40,000 die from a bullet Over 70.000 die from drugs. Explain why granting record setting clemencies to drug dealers , reducing felony drug crime prosecution to almost zero , and legalizing hard drugs that account for the overwhelming overdose deaths while calling for stricter laws effecting legal gun owners makes any sense whatsoever.

Do you know what the percentage of legally owned firearms used in homicides are ? I’ll wow you with more cold hard facts straight from the DOJ . 6% percent of guns used in homicides were legally obtained through a gun store. Less than 1% were legally obtained from a gun show, 10% roughly stole the gun from a legal gun owner , another 10% found it at the scene of the crime, and roughly 55% obtained it off the street or from the underground market. The remaining 28 percent were acquired from a family member. No distinction whether that change of hands was legal or not ( ie if the exchange was to a convicted felon at the time. One more big black scary assault rifle stat , because you know , those big black guns murder people all across the nation. Over 85% of gun related homicides occur from a non rifle. The FBI doesn’t separate long guns into categories (long guns being any rifle . Not simply assault rifles, I know your track record with common terms is not so hot) So your chance of being murdered by a big black scary assault rifle is less than 10%. 10% is even on the generous end due to the fact it’s a fair assumption based on the data of rifles sold in America . Data shows 1in 6 rifles purchased would be classified as an assault rifle. That’s using the liberal definition of what constitutes an “assault rifle” .

So yet I ask again why are we letting drug dealers out of prison, why are refusing to prosecute , felony drug offenses , and why are legalizing drugs that end up killing a exorbitant amount more Americans than than any gun the left wants to outlaw ? Anyone who follows crime stats will tell you where there’s drugs , there’s illegal guns to defend them. So in essence the left is promoting more illegal guns with their less tough stance are hardcore drugs. One would think using actual truth in sentencing for the illegal gun crimes already being committed would be a step in the right direction. Instead the left is promoting less jail time , less prosecution, and less penalties for repeat gun offenders. Yet some more things that wow people who are actually paying attention.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-29-2020, 12:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
So people who kill themselves with a gun = *shrug* cost of doing business, but people who die because of drug OD (MANY of which are LEGALLY PRESCRIBED, mind you) = crisis!

Why is the life of an addict worth more than the life of a gun owner who makes a rash and irrevocable decision?

Suicide by gun IS a public health crisis by the numbers.
Your co-mingling two separate issues. Mental health is a giant problem. The lack of funding and support to recognize and treat it is glaring. Whether a person kills themselves with a trigger injection/ingestion of drugs , there is really no difference. The mental state of that person was compromised. The only glaring fact is that when you attempt suicide by a firearm , your chances of completing the act are exorbitantly higher. Now that brings us to an entirely new aspect of data not included. Those that tried suicide by illegal drugs but lived. Add in that aspect and the argument for drug enforcement gets even stronger.

Over 70 percent of legally obtainable prescription drug overdoses nationally happened because the deceased stole the pills from a family member m, or got them from a friend. There no doubt the increased prescriptions have led to a small increase in heroin use from that class of individuals. It’s proven that those who became addicted to the prescription based drugs they were initially prescribed make the jump to heroin mostly, but other hard drugs as well to get the high they can no longer get because their prescription ran o

Owning a legally purchased firearm doesn’t deteriorate your daily self worth like drug abuse. Drug abuse will effect your mental well being completely . There is a reason drug use/abuse will disqualify you from legally obtaining a firearm , along with any other mental treatment history in most areas. There is simply no denying that fact drugs effect ones self mentally and physically negatively.

Quote:
Suicide by gun IS a public health crisis by the numbers
Yes it’s suicide........it’s a mental health crisis As I stated the probability they would complete the act using a different means is very high according to some studies, as high as over 80 percent. So again the gun is not the issue to a deteriorating mental and physical state.