Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JustinH13)      Join Date: Jul 2012 Location: Greenville, SC       06-09-2020, 5:58 AM Reply   
I'm looking to add additional ballast to the bow of a 2020 Nautique G21. I'd like to put it UNDER the seats. Do you think the bag in the following link will fit? If it won't fit, do you think maybe 2/3 of it can be filled up under the seats? Any other suggestions for what can be done? Has anyone had a sack like this connected to the ballast system so you don't have to do it manually?

Thx!

https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-...d-bow-sac.html
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-09-2020, 6:56 AM Reply   
I don't know if it will fit under a G21, but I have used that bag for years under the bow of my older 210. It fits and fills as much as it can (maybe 2/3rds?), sometimes pops the front seat cushion up a little if I forget the pump is on but no damage. I'd imagine it would fill up the available space nicely in a G21. I'm sure you've considered and rejected lead, but that's what I've heard of people doing in the G21. A couple hundred lbs or so of lead in the bow. And a couple hundred pounds in one side in the back to offset the prop spin. Sick boat, have fun.
Old     (davey_boy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-09-2020, 10:43 AM Reply   
I have a G21 now and I don't use that bag, but I used it previously in my 230 where it filled almost completely. Even though it's a shorter boat, the bow space under the seats in the G21 is at least as big or bigger than the 230 so it should fit well. One thing to be mindful of is unlike the 210/230 the built in ballast in the G21 is bags rather than a hard tank. Because of this, I'd recommend installing it using a y connector that you can flip between bags rather than the piggy back method. You can probably make the piggyback method work, but you would need to make sure the bags don't create a vacuum as that would stop it from draining the second bag and potentially damage your pump. You can call wake makers for advice as well as they are familiar with all the boat ballast systems and will know what works best.

I would agree with the comment of having some lead bags to offset the torque prop which is pretty pronounced in the G21. I have actually have 400lbs under the passenger seat...200 for torque prop and another 200 to offset the driver (we often have a 2 person crew) If you typically have at least 3 people going out, then you'd just need the first 200.
Old     (JustinH13)      Join Date: Jul 2012 Location: Greenville, SC       06-10-2020, 2:58 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for the replies. B/c of various reasons, my plan is just to manually fill and drain the bow sack this summer.

Any recommendations on other bags I might want to try to fit under the bow seats? I'm not opposed to going to a bigger bag, like say 600 pounds or even more, assuming it will fit. Or, should I just stick to the bag I posted in the link above?

Thoughts?