Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-22-2015, 8:04 AM Reply   
I have two pumps(Tsunami 1100s) that are not working properly. One will not pump over the boat's hull and the other is really slow. Is this typical for a pump to lose its propulsion when they are going bad? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2015, 8:14 AM Reply   
I would pull it apart and check the impeller and make sure its clear of debris as a first step
Old     (stingreye)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-22-2015, 8:19 AM Reply   
If its a DIY power plug, any chance + and - have been reversed? It will pump backwards just very slowly.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2015, 8:42 AM Reply   
Is it every time you use them or just sometimes?
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-22-2015, 9:24 AM Reply   
The impeller spins, nothing clogged. Yes, it's a DIY power plug but I don't see how the cords could have reversed but I will try that. Seems as though it would bubble if they were reversed. They worked fine for two years but yesterday when I took the boat out, they wouldn't work. I've never had any problems until yesterday.
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       05-22-2015, 9:33 AM Reply   
http://www.imarineinc.com/collection...Z7kBoCJI7w_wcB

If you can't figure out what is wrong this is a quick and easy replacement. I had a few pumps go slower than usual after a few years and this worked well. Cheaper than a brand new pump.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-22-2015, 1:15 PM Reply   
Thanks, that's what I figured I needed to do but was just checking to see if I was overlooking something.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-23-2015, 4:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker1234 View Post
The impeller spins, nothing clogged. Yes, it's a DIY power plug but I don't see how the cords could have reversed but I will try that. Seems as though it would bubble if they were reversed. They worked fine for two years but yesterday when I took the boat out, they wouldn't work. I've never had any problems until yesterday.
An electric pump will not pump backwards, just slowly. Raw water pump will if you put it on backwards. Overheated an engine that way.

It should definitely pump over the side if working properly
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-23-2015, 11:25 AM Reply   
They must be worn out. They have been used hard but so have my other ones. I guess nothing lasts forever.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-23-2015, 3:02 PM Reply   
Have you tried them on another 12V ACC socket thats independent of the boat?

Have you check the voltage level in the ACC socket on the boat?

Next, check the voltage at the pump motor. Bad plug can drop voltage and slow motor.

These will run "bakwards" but the angle of the impeller means they wont move much water. But, if they worked last year and nothing has changed, then its the motor or the ACC socket. Since two pumps are not working well, I suspect the socket.