Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-12-2012, 3:13 PM Reply   
Hey guys, wondering if you can help me out. I'm having some trouble with this trick. The two videos I upload should show my problems. I just don't understand why I keep landing switch or close to it.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-12-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOUnI...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7dZW...ature=youtu.be

I tried to embed the videos or at least do a hyper-link, but I couldn't get them to work, sorry. Those are the videos if you just copy paste them. Thanks a lot guys!
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-15-2012, 6:46 AM Reply   
Any comments are appreciated
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-15-2012, 7:00 AM Reply   
Hey, Bryce!

Man, You did a Tantrum to Fakie ha but slid back. lol SICK

My first though was to tell you to square up, but you are currently doing that. Another tip I would be looking at telling you is when you initiate the trip on the flip, you are throwing your head on a slight angle out the back. It would help if you concentrate on looking directly behind you...... I used to tell people to look at the shore directly behind their back. This might help you to mot get that last 180.

Cheers,
Old     (boarder12)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-15-2012, 7:36 AM Reply   
Bryce is right you are doing a tantrum to fake. The reason you are rotating is your are pulling the handle across your body to your back hip. Try to keep it locked in on your front hip and as close as possible this help you govern the speed of your rotation a little bit as well.

You are going way out the back on the video. What you need to do is start with a normal distance for your approach. On a scale of 1-10 10 being your hardest edge, start edging in at like a 7. Just before you go up the wake take your back hand off the handle and look back to where you started your approach. Then stomp off your front foot. If its done right it should feel like a back flip on a trampoline. To take it more straight up and down I try to watch where I came from all the way in the air and let my knees coming up to my chest send me into the flip. Good luck!!!!
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-15-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I don't know if I'll be able to get out anymore this year, but if I do, I'll keep all of that in mind!