Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (maristar210)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-23-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
I recently purchased a Nitro Team 157. The waist width is 25cm, and I wear a size 10 boot. My toe overhang is about 7/8'' and my heel overhang is about 3/4''. I have Burton Custom bindings, and my boots sit relatively high off the board. My stance is ducked at 6 & 15 degrees.

Should I consider shaving a bit off the toe and heel of my boots or am I ok?
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2010, 8:43 PM Reply   
You will be fine. I only see it as a possible issue if your bombing steeps and I would assume you would want or have a wide all mountain board for pow...if you find it to be a issue, try a set of those Palmer power link plates to give you some extra clearance.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-26-2010, 7:34 PM Reply   
don't your bindings have gas pedals (raised toe ramps)? If it has any hang, larger pedals may help. size 10 shouldn't be a problem
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-31-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
your fine.. i wear an 11.5 and i smash on a normal board. wide stance helps a bit. try to get your boot centered over the board perfectly though, moving the base pates back a bit.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       02-02-2011, 12:47 PM Reply   
Shouldn't be an issue..... I've been shredding with a pair of size 15 boots for years without risers. Just duck em out a bit and don't get the bindings with the fat toe straps