Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-06-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Just wanted to share with you my 1st wake project video that I created and my riding for 2010 . I would love comments on the video as well as my riding. I'm always looking to improve, so I value others input.

Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-06-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
Good job on both, Audrey! Your toe side is SOLID! On the heel side, I'd say you need to stand tall at the wake. Your timing is just a bit off. Freeze the video at 1:24 and see how your take off from the wake is with bent knees. Stand tall to get that push off and you will have the hang time you want on those grabs that feel a bit hurried right now.
Old     (rt360)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-06-2010, 7:15 PM Reply   
audrey you do have good leg push on your toeside,but if you straighten your body you will get even more air and be able to get your grabs down. i agree with kat on your heelside you are trying to straighten your legs but your timing is just a tick off. overall great riding and super good video. give you your props on not being hesitant with the brace and your recent injury. keep up the good work and happy boarding.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-06-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Kat & Robert for your advice. I definetly can work on that.......that's a simple problem to fix!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-29-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Video and riding are looking solid Audrey! Just a few small things I noticed that may make a difference:

The jumps in which you came up short and landed on the crest of the 2nd wake from either heelside or toeside are largely due to reaching for that grab early. You've definitely got the "bring the board to you" part of the grabs dialed, but if you wait just a touch longer till your approaching the apex of your jump (in the air obviously) before bringing the board up after standing tall at the wake, you'll get the full POP from the wake. In a lot of your grabs, the board starts coming up right as you get to the top of the wake, and you're absorbing the wake to a degree. I noticed with your 180's you clear the wake with plenty of room to go, even a couple into the flats (YEAHHHH!) and that's due to you keeping your legs straight all the way through the pop as you're not adding the grab, and the extra pop is definitely showing! In picture 1, you're on edge, spot on. In picture 2, your starting to get those legs straight to get that big pop. But, picture three, you're legs are bent again to prep reaching for that grab, so you missed out on a lot of the pop. Picture 4 is the take-off for one of your 180's and you can see that extra bit of straightness in your legs, and that little bit can make the difference! That 180 you cleared the wake no problem. Just a little bit of a timing change there and your grabs will float down the other side of the wake like buttah!

Sorry... that one kinda got away from me! Other thing I saw, you've got your grabs and 180s very consistent in your ability to land them, from BOTH sides. If you keep that handle a little closer on the 180's, you could VERY EASILY add any number of your grabs in there for a super legit grab 180. You've got both pieces, time to put 'em together!

All in all, great video, solid foundation, and great riding! Keep it up!!
Attached Images

Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-29-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye7708 View Post
Video and riding are looking solid Audrey! Just a few small things I noticed that may make a difference:

The jumps in which you came up short and landed on the crest of the 2nd wake from either heelside or toeside are largely due to reaching for that grab early. You've definitely got the "bring the board to you" part of the grabs dialed, but if you wait just a touch longer till your approaching the apex of your jump (in the air obviously) before bringing the board up after standing tall at the wake, you'll get the full POP from the wake. In a lot of your grabs, the board starts coming up right as you get to the top of the wake, and you're absorbing the wake to a degree. I noticed with your 180's you clear the wake with plenty of room to go, even a couple into the flats (YEAHHHH!) and that's due to you keeping your legs straight all the way through the pop as you're not adding the grab, and the extra pop is definitely showing! In picture 1, you're on edge, spot on. In picture 2, your starting to get those legs straight to get that big pop. But, picture three, you're legs are bent again to prep reaching for that grab, so you missed out on a lot of the pop. Picture 4 is the take-off for one of your 180's and you can see that extra bit of straightness in your legs, and that little bit can make the difference! That 180 you cleared the wake no problem. Just a little bit of a timing change there and your grabs will float down the other side of the wake like buttah!

Sorry... that one kinda got away from me! Other thing I saw, you've got your grabs and 180s very consistent in your ability to land them, from BOTH sides. If you keep that handle a little closer on the 180's, you could VERY EASILY add any number of your grabs in there for a super legit grab 180. You've got both pieces, time to put 'em together!

All in all, great video, solid foundation, and great riding! Keep it up!!
Hawkeye: I really appreciate your breakdown and that really helps me visualize and see what I'm doing (or not doing) LOL . It makes total sense!!!!!!!! Thanks a bunch and I definetly will work on it!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-29-2010, 9:45 PM Reply   
Glad to hear my ramblings weren't too confusing! haha

Yup, if you just wait till after you feel nice POP sensation, and you know you're in the air near your apex, then bring that board up. You'll forget the top of that other wake even exists.