Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (samsonite)      Join Date: Mar 2013       05-20-2013, 7:53 PM Reply   
Anyone have any experience with the Samson Blade tower?

I'm trying to decide whether I want to replace my tower with the original Proflight Chubby that came with the boat (2006 Sanger V215), or modernize the look of the boat with the reverse arch Samson Blade tower... both will be all black.

I have had no issues with the Chub, and it was a very sturdy tower, but the Blade just looks mean and I think it would look pretty sick when my Sanger is slumpin' through those Texas waters.

I can get either one for roughly the same price, but my concern with the Blade is that it could be flimsy in comparison. The Chubby is very stout and I've been told it is one of the sturdiest out there, so I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice the solidness for looks.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-20-2013, 8:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonite View Post
Anyone have any experience with the Samson Blade tower?

I'm trying to decide whether I want to replace my tower with the original Proflight Chubby that came with the boat (2006 Sanger V215), or modernize the look of the boat with the reverse arch Samson Blade tower... both will be all black.

I have had no issues with the Chub, and it was a very sturdy tower, but the Blade just looks mean and I think it would look pretty sick when my Sanger is slumpin' through those Texas waters.

I can get either one for roughly the same price, but my concern with the Blade is that it could be flimsy in comparison. The Chubby is very stout and I've been told it is one of the sturdiest out there, so I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice the solidness for looks.
The Chubby is so classic on a V215. Can you get just the top section and save some money?

I would also take a look at the Samson Razor. It is $500 more than the blade but comes included with swivel wakeboard racks. Here is a photo of a V215 with the razor.

Well I guess that didn't work. Here is a V230 so you can get the idea of what it would look like on a sanger.

Last edited by polarbill; 05-20-2013 at 8:50 PM.
Old     (samsonite)      Join Date: Mar 2013       05-21-2013, 7:25 AM Reply   
I haven't been able to find just the top section... That would definitely be the best/cheapest option if I could.

That Razor looks pretty sweet too, and would definitely modernize the look the of the boat. But, there's just something about that reverse arch of the Blade... it looks awesome!

Do you have any experience with the sturdiness of these towers?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-21-2013, 8:12 AM Reply   
I have a friend with the older style Samson. Seeing how all their towers are custom made/fitted to each boat I would bet they are all pretty damn sturdy.
Old     (Alleykat)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-21-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
You can't go wrong with the Samson tower. That Blade tower is one of my favorites. I looked at doing one real hard about two years ago. Scott builds some of the most solid, functional towers out there. I would go with the Blade hands down. Much more modern look than the Pro-flight.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-21-2013, 7:41 PM Reply   
As much as I love my Chubby If I was spending the money I'd have to try something new.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-21-2013, 9:24 PM Reply   
I think the chubby is the best looking out there. Maybe Im getting old.
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-30-2013, 12:59 PM Reply   
The Razor on my boat is rock solid. No vibrations or shaking, ever. Came standard on the Epic 23V.

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-01-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
Here is a link to a 237 with the reverse arch tower .Also looks like a good buy for someone
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/boa/3836643377.html