Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2016, 3:38 PM Reply   
Hey I'm in the market for a outdoor patio set for the lake house. I was wondering what you guys could recommend and what things to look out for and or stay away from. Here are some examples of what I was thinking. Photo #1 $999 comes with a cushion that go's on top of the table that makes or turns it into a ottoman. Photo #2 $1200 both have sunbrella material. I wanted to get a sectional that could be moved around to make a few different configurations below are just 2 random picture/deals I found
Attached Images

Last edited by grant_west; 07-26-2016 at 3:43 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-26-2016, 4:12 PM Reply   
subscribe
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2016, 4:19 PM Reply   
Note I will be covering the stuff when it's not in use. The Sun is brutal on my Deck its supposed to be as high as 108-110 this week. I know that cant be great for all things outside? I have heard rumors of the cheep stuff having a hard time in the sun and it warping/bending over time. And any advice on the cushions? How do you pick or know what foam is gonna be good years down the road. I don't mind spending a bit $1600-$2400 was what I was thinking?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2016, 7:33 AM Reply   
Buy it at costco and take it back in 3 years when it is beat to hell! We took back a patio set and they handled us the $1200 in cash and we bought another set. They have tons of outdoor furniture sets on their website/magazines
Old     (jcon44)      Join Date: Aug 2012 Location: denver, NC       07-27-2016, 8:29 AM Reply   
We have a set on our deck that we've had for 3 or 4 seasons. It stays covered 90% of the time and the covers are about to fall apart but i guess that's what they are for. Sunbrella material and I 303'd maybe twice since we've had it, and the cushions and plastic wicker parts seem to look brand new. Wife got ours from frontgate but im sure there are cheaper options that hold up as well. If i was part of the decision making process i would have gone with something from cosco/sams and been just as happy.

Last edited by jcon44; 07-27-2016 at 8:33 AM. Reason: edit
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-27-2016, 8:42 AM Reply   
Be careful of the plastic wicker. I'm sure if covered most of the time that would help for longevity. I had a cheap table set and after the 3rd summer my brown chairs were now green and started to break apart near the top of the back rests. The plastic wicker started shrinking in the heat and pulling apart and otherwise just became brittle.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2016, 9:18 AM Reply   
Jason: that cost co policy sounds to good to be true? I don't think I have the guts to return somthing like that after 3 years. The wicker set in my first post is a Costco set that's a Return OR Open box. This place seems like a wholesale outlet. The $899 is tax and out the door price. I was gonna go over today and check them out and see how they felt when you sat in them.

Joe: That surprises me. Frontgate usually has very high quality stuff $$$ but you pay for it. And they are very good about returns and customer service. Try checking back with them about your sunbrella.

Dave 99% of the wicker stuff seems to be plastic. So I'm kind of locked into plastic. I know not all plastic is created equal. Some are UV stable and can handle the direct sun and heat and others not so much. That was my goal here was to find out the do's and donts.

I even saw some Online company's offering 2 different sets of sunbrella example you get a summer set of sunbrella and a winter set. Bright and dark color's or just a send set. Seems like a good Idea because the wicker seems to outlast the material.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-27-2016, 9:51 AM Reply   
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should. What kind of person uses something for 3 years and then takes it back for a refund?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2016, 10:03 AM Reply   
^^^X2
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2016, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should. What kind of person uses something for 3 years and then takes it back for a refund?
Was just listening to a radio show talking about LL Bean. A guy returned a 15 year old pair of wore out boots and got a refund.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2016, 3:51 PM Reply   
Let he has not abused Cost Co's return policy cast the first stone! LOL.
Ok Back on track. I took a stroll over to that place in Newark. I have to first say this. Pictures LIE. Some stuff looks very comfortable in photos and when you flip your self Down on it is when your body decides weather your siting in somthing of quality or not. So no matter how good it looks in photos you need to sit in it b4 laying down your cash.

#2 the rounded wicker is thicker and more durable then the flat woven wicker photo #1 is the Rounded Wicker photo #2 is the flat woven wicker.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2016, 3:54 PM Reply   
This flatter woven wicker is less tolerant of the heat.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2016, 3:08 PM Reply   
We ended up going with this.
https://www.amazon.com/LexMod-Palisa...r+Patio+Daybed
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2016, 5:55 PM Reply   
Holly realaxation
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-16-2016, 6:15 PM Reply   
We have something similar at home, we don't sit out there a ton but it is nice for a bbq on a summers night. Hopefully summer will get here soon, rack off rain!
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2016, 6:19 PM Reply   
Yes!!!!
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2016, 6:40 PM Reply   
Ralph your a straight up pimp!
Mango hut Madness!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2016, 6:43 PM Reply   
lets see. Some Mango madness
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-16-2016, 6:45 PM Reply   
Grant, what happened to the teak furniture? Ralph, you're livin right.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2016, 6:45 PM Reply   
Yes this is my TGIF

Bald ealge just snatched some fish in front of us
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-16-2016, 11:37 PM Reply   
I am a teak fan.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-17-2016, 7:58 AM Reply   
Ahhh the Teak table and chairs. I sold them. After refinishing that table I was pretty burnt out on the thought of having to refinish the remaining chairs. And then I didn't want to maintain them. And #2 I didn't think we would be using all that much and for the amount of space the set took up on our deck that's when I decided to sell it. I got $1200 for it on C list. Wife bought it from a friend at work for $200 so we did good, and for the most part it funded the day bed. For us it works great.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-17-2016, 8:12 AM Reply   
Well at least you got something for the time you invested.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-17-2016, 10:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Ralph your a straight up pimp!
Mango hut Madness!
That's from home, we haven't been to Mango for ages unfortunately. Once summer starts kicking we will get back there