Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-26-2016, 3:56 PM Reply   
Ok I hate to Admit it but 60 Has jumped the shark for me, I used to enjoy watching but these series of unfortunate event's has made me just want to say F that show.

#1 Last week they did a show about Artificial Intelligence. Charlie Rose & the guy he was Interviewing were both wearing LIPSTICK. Now b4 you think that a homophobic statement I understand people on TV wear make up all the time, But check out these 2 IMO it was BAD! they looked like Tyranny's
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/previe...-intelligence/
(on my home TV it was so blatant) on the computer not as much. But my point is but "what's wrong with just reporting the news or the story?

#2 The Tesla Story. In 2014 60 Min's did a story on Tesla and in the stock car footage Tesla gave them CBS THEN added in a EXTRA sound track of a Revving V8 Motor. At first CBS said they didn't do it bla bla bla, but Then after Tesla started calling bull $hit on them they admitted they "Accidentally Added it" Whoops! honest mistake Yea RIGHT! Again trying to Spice up the story or Put Lipstick on it
http://www.businessinsider.com/cbs-6...on-musk-2014-4

#3 Lara Logan totally butchers the Benghazi Story. It was not Brian Williams MSNBC style, Straing up Lies. It was just bad inaccurate reporting.
CBS has to Air a retraction piece & they gave Lara Logan a "extended vacation"
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minut...nghazi-report/

#4 Last week the Did a story about Kim Kardashian and it looks like they are reporting viewers were not happy about it LOL LOL
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kim-kard...nutes-viewers/

I'm not trying to single out CBS & 60 Mins, Access Hollywood holding back the TRUMP tape's until days b4 the Trump & Hillary debate so in their own words "It would have maximum damage effects for Trump" & Of how can we forget Brian Williams with MSNBC saying he was Shot down by a RPG while over in Afghanistan in a us helicopter. So they all have dirt on their hands IMO. What are your thought on the Media, how trustworthy do you find them to be?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-26-2016, 4:26 PM Reply   
LOL, I've noticed men on TV wearing lipstick all the time. Sometimes the lighting makes it look pretty ridiculous.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-26-2016, 4:32 PM Reply   
TV news is news for morons, Grant. Sure, it can be the icing on the cake for learning about visual events like a flood or fire or whatever, but if you definitely shouldn't consider yourself informed about any sort of complicated story from watching ANY TV news.

LOL and since you are fact checking -- Williams claimed to be shot down over Iraq, not Afghanistan.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-26-2016, 7:39 PM Reply   
Shawn I get what your saying when you say "News for Dummy's"but IMO that's no excuse for them to be off the hook. Example I would think most people would admit " The national inquirer" is also News for dummys. But the difference is most people realize that The national Inquirer is just junk and a break from reality . I would think most people DONT think programs like CBS and 60 Mins are on the same level as the inquire, But at some levels they are exactly the same. Unfortunately they have proven to be.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2016, 9:37 PM Reply   
Does anyone else remember the "story" Dateline did about fuel tanks in Chevy trucks? Now THAT was bad...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2016, 9:38 PM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtpMzGN9uWc
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2016, 7:33 AM Reply   
^^^^ Holly crap^^^^
That's straight up deception. What's frustrating is that news is news. I didn't think it was designed to be entertainment. The entertainment is in the knowledge. Thats all we are asking for. Not lipstick & Adding soundtracks and explosive devices to add suspense. Embellishment is a lie! It's kind of like listening to a person that tells A true story but the added embellishment clouds the credibility of the entire event.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2016, 7:38 AM Reply   
Question
Do these types story's (lies threw the media & news) make People at Large question everything you see on TV?

My feeling is that most people are asleep and are not skeptical, and are led by the news and media in general.