Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (Spence680)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-13-2014, 5:56 PM Reply   
Finally starting to get my timing and pop down. In my first video I was riding at 60ft I think and was casing or not clearing the wake. Now in the second video I'm back to 70 to 75ft clearing the wake with ease. I pulled the rope back in the last two videos to practice my backroll. I'm about 10 for 50 as far as landing them. Any help? From what I can see maybe I should let go with my back hand after I rotate.

http://youtu.be/w9zzOk388H4

http://youtu.be/pVBABryk8kc
Old     (hyperliquidliteforce)      Join Date: Aug 2013       07-13-2014, 7:33 PM Reply   
when you are just straight airing the wake, try to suck your back knee up a little bit. It will look better and make you land more even weighted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckkf840HZE4
This video helped me a ton. Those backrolls look pretty much perfect.

Frank

edit, also start trying grabs and 180s. They arent hard, but take time getting used too.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-15-2014, 8:01 PM Reply   
Your absorbing a lot of the wake. Make sure you stand all the way tall to get a full pop. Don't focus on sucking your legs up as much.
Old     (Spence680)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-16-2014, 10:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 View Post
Your absorbing a lot of the wake. Make sure you stand all the way tall to get a full pop. Don't focus on sucking your legs up as much.
Did you only watch the first video or are you saying I'm still doing it in the 2nd video?
Old     (zackariah)      Join Date: Aug 2014       10-01-2014, 2:51 PM Reply   
I'm having the same problem you did with my 65' rope. I case the other wake almost every time. I was able to clear it once but I think all the stars aligned. Where you able to start clearing yours when you put the longer rope on?
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       02-20-2015, 11:52 AM Reply   
Your absorbing in both videos. Leaning back a bit with a limp rear leg. Hold edge through wake more evenly balanced and you'll really pop. Especially at the speed your hitting it at. Man up kid!! Stiff legs=high air!!
Old     (No925)      Join Date: Apr 2015       05-04-2015, 10:28 PM Reply   
Try getting your rope closer to your knees upon hitting the lip of the wake. Keeping the rope lower should help you get some more pop.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2015, 7:12 AM Reply   
On your back roll you missed you tucked your head down too much. Remember look over your lead shoulder and up to initiate the spin. Then spot the horizon for your landing. You're looking down at the water. You tend to go where you look.