Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       03-09-2011, 6:57 PM Reply   
You guys have been so helpful about MB that I need your help again. I am stuck between getting the B52TWB or F1 Tomcat. I like everything about them both. Is there any big difference between the picklefork or the regular boat? Please help! I have my eye on one of each but am stuck and I need to make decision by tomorrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old     (bennyt)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-09-2011, 7:20 PM Reply   
Get the F21, i have one in Australia and am so happy with it, wakes are massive. here's a pic for you to check out
Attached Images

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-09-2011, 7:49 PM Reply   
Ben that wrap is sic!

Nautigirls just sent you a pm. Get the F21. More bow room if that's what you want. The interior on the TWB is just a little bigger. A few inches I think. Its going to come down to personal preference and what you want for looks. The hulls and wakes are the same, as well as the monstrous wakes,and the ballast that fills in 1 min and drains in 45 seconds. Let us know what you get and post up some pics when you get it. What lake are you on? Don Pedro? McClure?

h2p
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-09-2011, 7:54 PM Reply   
I'd go with the TWB, given it's nice classic lines.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-09-2011, 8:01 PM Reply   
the TWB does have the classic lines is true, but the F21 turns heads

whatever you decide you will be happy with your purchase I can guarantee it

Last edited by slipknot; 03-09-2011 at 8:02 PM. Reason: fun
Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       03-09-2011, 8:25 PM Reply   
Do you think the resale value would be better either way?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-09-2011, 8:42 PM Reply   
The hulls of the boats are the same. So performance will be equal.

Even though both are 100" wide, the TWB is wider "inside" the boat cuz the gunnels are narrower, leaving you more interior room. That's why MB rates the TWB for more people than the F21 (16 vs. 14).

With that said, I don't believe the TWB actually holds 2 more people. The difference is very slight... maybe 2-3 inches in interior width.

I honestly like the TWB better because I just prefer traditional bows. And the bow of the TWB is not like most narrow bows. It is really, really wide (see pics below).

As far as resale, I think the F21 might have the edge. I'm pretty sure MB moves more F21's than TWB's, at least my local dealer sure does. Then again, that might make the TWB more rare. Honestly, it's probably a toss-up. Choose which you like best knowing it's basically the same boat.

Old     (Joe)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-09-2011, 8:48 PM Reply   
I chose the TWB but F21 is also a great boat. Go with the boat that you are drawn too. Either way both boats will turn heads and perform.

I went for the classic look.:
Attached Images

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-09-2011, 9:08 PM Reply   
resale is the same, it just comes down to personal preference, But I can get 3 adults in my bow. And its usually 3 ladies.

Good luck with you purchase and share some pics with us
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-10-2011, 5:52 AM Reply   
Like the classic lines of the TWB. I put MBs picklefork at the bottom compared to other brands in the looks department. If you are choosing what colors are on the boats on the lot and not ordering, it may decide for you.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-10-2011, 7:59 AM Reply   
I think that the 2 are so close it's hard to call, TWB is fractionaly larger cockpit, Tommy C has a slightly larger bow, so it's up to graphics / looks. Swoosh graphics are a little different on the nose / bow. My 2 cents says Tomcat is more of a head turner. You will be very happy either way, solid, solid boat, congrats! Anyone interested....we have a 2011 Tomcat in Orlando ready for demos and our water temp is 75, might dip over the next 3 days but should come right back up.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-10-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
Like Drew said they are so close in every way that I would base it purely on which you prefer when it comes to looks. Order the boat without all the nonsense flames or tribal though.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-10-2011, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailing216 View Post
Like the classic lines of the TWB. I put MBs picklefork at the bottom compared to other brands in the looks department. If you are choosing what colors are on the boats on the lot and not ordering, it may decide for you.
I agree, i think the MB pickle fork is terrible looking. Also it looks like it would add an extra probelm in the backing and storing dept over the other pickle forks, which already make it tough to make tight turns with out hitting your tailgate.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-10-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
I am a pickle fork guy so I would go F 1 Tomcat
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-10-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
I agree, i think the MB pickle fork is terrible looking. Also it looks like it would add an extra probelm in the backing and storing dept over the other pickle forks, which already make it tough to make tight turns with out hitting your tailgate.
I think you may be thinking of the 23' tomcat. If so I agree it looks stupid and the forks stick out way too far. I am not sure the 21 tomcat has that problem. It is very similar to the mastercraft X2 picklefork.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-10-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
That may be true, I really like what MB has to offer in the price class it's in. Ithinkt hey probably the most inovative boats out there, but they kill some of the interest with some of the weird designs, like that pickle forak, and the the gel coat and vinyl desgins they put out.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-10-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
I was looking at the f21, and while the nobs sticking out are smaller then the f23, they are still not very asthetically pleasing. I think the tige adn MC pickle forks are the best two looking pickle fork, followed closely by the axis, the MB ones would cause me to look at other boats.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-10-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
The pickle fork on the MB definitely sticks out farther than other boats even on the F21. I agree with Chris that it is the worst looking pickle fork on the market. However I would still get the F21 over the TWB.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-10-2011, 11:00 AM Reply   
Lots of chatter about the look of the F21. Obviously, I like the TWB which is why I bought it. But the F21 has really grown on my over the years. I've seen a few that really turned my head. I think they look best in dark colors (not white).

Here's an example:

Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       03-10-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
Gonna go with the f21! Thank you all for your input. Special thanks to Glen, Drew, and Jason! Will post pictures soon.
Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       03-10-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
Also thanks to DBC and Joe!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2011, 5:59 AM Reply   
Congrats! IF you are ordering it, post a pic of the design you chose!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2011, 6:33 AM Reply   
oh, and don't forget to hop on over to mbboatowners and join up!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-11-2011, 7:18 AM Reply   
very nice! Congrats! If you have not ridden behind the F21 or TWB you should. Its also nice to save $25K off of a big 3 boat.