Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2019, 3:27 PM Reply   
Hi, i have a 2009 LF Shane board. I was wondering if the 2018 LF form 4D bindings would fit my board.
I’ ve been out of the sport for several years and i dont know if the mounting system changed.
Thanks!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-16-2019, 3:33 AM Reply   
I don't think 4D bindings fit anything except LF boards with the track.
Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-16-2019, 4:16 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reply.
I saw a good deal for them online but as you say a don´t think they will work.
Is there any website with old bindings on sale?
I had 2009 ronix ONE that i loved but they are long gone.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-16-2019, 4:55 AM Reply   
https://www.evo.com/wakeboard-and-wa...nd-information

Evo has a great reference guide. I'm sure other companies have one out there as well. check it out.
Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-16-2019, 8:43 AM Reply   
Thank you for the info.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       09-16-2019, 8:57 AM Reply   
LF's 4D bindings do fit on boards with traditional inserts. They come with screw sets for both Felx track and regular inserts.
However in 2011 LF and most other brands changed inserts to M6. So the ones that come with the 4D bindings won't work with the inserts on your old Shane.
Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-16-2019, 9:10 AM Reply   
So, if I find the right screws, I would be able to use the 4D bindings?
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-16-2019, 1:42 PM Reply   
It’s not just the screw size. The offset is different. They’ll be different widths between screw holes. You may find a combination that works but you may not.
Old     (Werky1090)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-16-2019, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
LF's 4D bindings do fit on boards with traditional inserts. They come with screw sets for both Felx track and regular inserts.

No they don't, the holes for screws are at 45 degrees and you cannot screw the screws that are at 45 degrees into vertical holes of traditional inserts. But you can use new LF 6X bindings or the old LF IPX bindings with traditional inserts.

The picture is from LF's website on 4D
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-17-2019, 2:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
Are you sure that you don't mean the LF track will work with both 4D and traditional boots? I have a LF board with the track and it comes with inserts for using a traditional boot, which is what I use with CWB boots.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       09-17-2019, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Are you sure that you don't mean the LF track will work with both 4D and traditional boots? I have a LF board with the track and it comes with inserts for using a traditional boot, which is what I use with CWB boots.
You're right!! It's the other way around, I mixed it up! Oops.
Old     (MTH19)      Join Date: Oct 2018       10-15-2019, 5:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lume1 View Post
Hi, i have a 2009 LF Shane board. I was wondering if the 2018 LF form 4D bindings would fit my board.
I’ ve been out of the sport for several years and i dont know if the mounting system changed.
Thanks!
The 4D boots are unique to Liquid Force boards that accept them. For older boards you want to watch two things. First is the mounting hole spread. Anything in the last couple of years will be a 6" spread. There are boards with 8" spreads, where the boots happen to fit 2/4 or 1/3 stance options. There are some weird spacing options out there, most companies stick to 6" now-a-days. The other is the thread count on the bolts. All modern wake boots us M6 threads. Higher thread count in a thinner profile = perfect for wakeboards. The old stuff is 1/4"-20. Easy way to tell is to go buy a single 1/4-20 bolt from the hardware store and see if it threads all the way in easily.

www.gotogaleys.com for closeout and brand new stuff. Contact them if you can't find something.