Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-10-2017, 9:26 AM Reply   
couple more 60° nights and the lakes are gonna be warm enough to trunk it. So.. what did you do this offseason to get ready for spring?

drop some new tunes in the boat? new gear?
stay in shape with wake focused workout? 12 oz curls?
go to a camp? buy a boat? watch DVDs?

boat: replacing one amp with a bigger one and adding another sub. ballast setup last year was money so not changing anything there.

been keeping my core and legs in shape with a ski week and a little gym here and there. my back is feeling slightly better (today) so I'm gonna wakeboard more this year. will likely regret/change that decision but we'll see.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-10-2017, 9:32 AM Reply   
New prop
Going to be ordering gator step for the tops of the gunnels, walk through, and rear seat hatches.
Still have to plumb in my goofy side fat sac and "T" off an existing line.

Been hitting the gym hard.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-10-2017, 10:42 AM Reply   
It is right in the middle of the CrossFit open for me. I'm nowhere near a games athlete but it's fun to participate and see how much I've progressed since last year. My metcons are getting better but I lost about 15-20 pounds so my squat and deadlift have gone down. CF keeps me in great shape but it never fails: wakeboard season starts and I can't hold on to the handle for much more than a 15 minute set. Doesn't matter how many pull ups, KB swings, or cleans I do. Nothing gets me in wakeboard shape except more wakeboarding. Guess I just need more time on the water!

As for upgrades, this is the first time I've had everything in my boat pretty much where I wanted it to be. I did upgrade my sub from a Polk 1240DVC to a JL 10w3. I know that's a step down in surface area but I've been underwhelmed by the Polk and think the JL is a better sub. And it didn't cost me a dime since a coworker just wanted it out of his garage so if it isn't any better then no big deal. Just wanted to try something different.

Last edited by dvsone79; 03-10-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old     (broncofan)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-10-2017, 10:42 AM Reply   
Carpet, interior speakers replaced with Kicker LED 6.5's, rear ballast pump replacement.
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-11-2017, 6:50 AM Reply   
I had ACL replacement surgery, almost good to go now.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-13-2017, 5:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelerWake View Post
I had ACL replacement surgery, almost good to go now.
If that good to go is anything less than 11-12 months your kidding yourself or your 18-23 years old and already a bad ass athlete with massive quads and hamstrings. Don't be fooled by the stories of 7-8 months or less and back at it. They have to have perfect form and 0 mistakes or their kidding themselves too!
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-13-2017, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddaddy53 View Post
If that good to go is anything less than 11-12 months your kidding yourself or your 18-23 years old and already a bad ass athlete with massive quads and hamstrings. Don't be fooled by the stories of 7-8 months or less and back at it. They have to have perfect form and 0 mistakes or their kidding themselves too!
I totally agree with this.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-13-2017, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddaddy53 View Post
I totally agree.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       03-13-2017, 10:02 AM Reply   
Got real good at eating unnecessary amounts of food. This added weight should keep me from getting too much air this season!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-13-2017, 12:11 PM Reply   
XS-12 and building a box to fit it this week.

And bought a Squat Half Rack and 330 pound of Olympic weights and converted one of our bedroom into a gym. Can't wait until the summer, I never realized how bad my grip and legs where until I started doing dead lifts and squats with free weights.

Last edited by jonblarc7; 03-13-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-22-2017, 4:57 PM Reply   
P90X and looking a new boats.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-23-2017, 8:29 AM Reply   
This off season I added a dual battery setup. I probably didn't need it but I'm paranoid about my stereo and ballast pumps draining too much charge to start the engine so the peace of mind was worth it. I have some 6" speaker boxes coming in now so I'm adding some rear speakers this weekend. Hopefully that's it for boat upgrades.

On the gear front I got a dry suit. Took the boat out last weekend and the suit works great. I just got a new board, handle, and bindings last year so I'll probably stay put with those. My daughter is probably going to outgrow her bindings this year though.

On the workout front, just my usual running and weight routine. I do 5k on the treadmill 3-4 times per week trying to keep my time under 30 minutes. Then I also do some generic upper body focused lifting. I don't do leg lifting with the amount of running I do. I don't do any wakeboard specific exercises unless you count me being a little more focused on developing tricep strength than I used to be. Personally, lifting hasn't made what I consider a huge difference but keeping my cardio up is the difference between sore and dead to the world when wakeboarding season first starts.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-23-2017, 12:15 PM Reply   
I got in shape,lost 15 pounds and 2 to 3 inches in my waist line. Improved my cardiovascular endurance and reduced my mile time by over 40 seconds. I hope to be able to do 15 to 20 minute sets again.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       03-27-2017, 3:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I got in shape,lost 15 pounds and 2 to 3 inches in my waist line. Improved my cardiovascular endurance and reduced my mile time by over 40 seconds. I hope to be able to do 15 to 20 minute sets again.
OUTSTANDING! That's awesome and I hope your boarding definitely sees an improvement!
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-27-2017, 5:05 PM Reply   
Bought a Keen, adding a heater, rewire stereo for maximum output, hopefully buy rev 10's, new battery.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-29-2017, 8:40 AM Reply   
keen?
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-29-2017, 8:52 AM Reply   
The Liquid Force carbon board!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-29-2017, 9:04 AM Reply   
oh yea! whats weight?

Sent my torquey prop in for a reheat
wanted to redo fill pumps but didn't get that done.