Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-16-2016, 9:36 AM Reply   
I got an email this morning stating:

Quote:
Following our most successful line of boardshorts in our 13 year history, this will be our last. Life has given us another unbelievable opportunity that we are stoked to pursue. For the last 13 years, our lives revolved around boardshorts and we lived every day like it was the middle of summer. We couldn’t have asked for a better life. What started as a hand sewn pair of boardshorts in a Manhattan Beach garage, grew into an international brand with our boardshorts being worn all over globe. We couldn’t have built this global brand without your support, for that we are forever grateful. We hope that each time you put on a pair of our trunks, it takes you away from the daily grind and to the middle of summer. Cheers to summer and boardshorts….on to the next adventure.

If you are stoked on our boardshorts this is your last chance to get them. We are selling off the remaining inventory for $25 a pair and then closing the garage door.

The Crew at CIRE

www.CIREboardshorts.com

Figured I would share .... anyone who has owned their shorts in the past knows this is a bummer!!! If you haven't now is your last chance!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-16-2016, 2:23 PM Reply   
bought a pair, thx for posting
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-16-2016, 9:07 PM Reply   
Got that email too. Sad times, but happy for new endeavors for them. I was about to post on wakeworld too since that is where I discovered them many moons ago. Quality is like none other. I still rock a pair from 10 years ago and no issues. Eric said they had a slew of orders today. I ordered 2 more pairs. Everybody get em now before you can't. Keep spreading the Cire stoke. I have enough to hold me out till im 70 I think! Been 2 years since i've been on WW, but needed to get on to keep the legacy alive.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-17-2016, 7:09 AM Reply   
That's a bummer.

Those were some of the only shorts that fit me really well being 6'3". Especially now with most surf shorts going above the knee and even worse the men's short short trend.

A just above the knee pair of Quiksilvers looks like short shorts on a guy my height.

The Cire 36's hit me just at the knee and aren't parachute wide.

I just picked up two today, for a total of four purchased this year.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-20-2016, 6:45 AM Reply   
GOOD LUCK ERIC and the Cire Crew- Thanks for the 10 years of boardies, gunna miss you guys!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-20-2016, 7:16 AM Reply   
The end of an era. Hope my drawer full of CIRE boardshorts lasts me for a while. Good luck guys!
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-20-2016, 5:31 PM Reply   
Appreciate all the support from everyone here on WW over the last 13 years. It was one of the most difficult decisions we have ever made. The website has been humming over the last few days as everyone stocks up.....which is an even greater testament to your loyalty to the brand.

Stoked to have shared a few pulls and beers with people we me met through WW. Hope we made your time out on the lake better one pair of boardshorts at a time.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-21-2016, 11:51 AM Reply   
No other shorts come close. Could you not have sold to a new owner?
Old     (Gavin17)      Join Date: Nov 2015       12-23-2016, 7:28 AM Reply   
I grabbed several pairs and some more for Christmas gifts.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-23-2016, 10:21 AM Reply   
Thanks Gavin17. Shorts are on their way today.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-26-2016, 8:52 PM Reply   
Got my "Barefoot" pair yesterday... was so bummed that the "Drylander" I ordered was out of stock. I did promptly get my refund tho, thanks Eric.

New short are dope, so sad this will be the last pair of Cire's I'll ever get in the mail... looks like all the 36s are gone.