Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-01-2012, 10:45 PM Reply   
I clicked on the Pavati link, it looks like they have a 21, 22 and 24 foot model. I was curious if anyone has placed an order for one? I like the way they look, but cant figure out why they put a tower on it that appears to be permanently erect and not collapse??? Seems like they would limit there customer base for people who want to store the boat in the garage. There website has very little information on the boat, or any pictures that actually show a finished product.
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-02-2012, 3:58 AM Reply   
I know they said in another thread here that the tower is 100% collapsable.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-02-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
No. No one has ordered one. Why would they?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-02-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
They had one at the Portland Boat Show and the tower does collapse. Not sure at what height.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-02-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
No. No one has ordered one. Why would they?
the wake actually looks pretty sick on their page so that would be a good reason
Old     (Rad_Matty_D)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-02-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
The boat was at the king of wake tour #4 in WA. They said they sold 2. One to a guy in TX and another to a guy in WA.

Very cool boat idea. And for their first wakeboat--it was nice. LIke any company starting out there's always room to grow. I'd like to see more of these all aluminum boats
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-02-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure aluminum is conductive which to me would be scary in places that have occasional thunder heads or Florida .
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-02-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
Would be great for buyers/boaters who ride in areas with a lot of drift wood, etc.. Central/NorCal comes to mind.. Nice piece of mind that you're not going to take a hunk of gel out.. That won't help your running gear - but gel damage is brutal to deal with.

They are nice looking rigs and their surf and wakeboard wakes both look legit with stock ballast.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-02-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
Would be sick in salt water. Throw some sacrificial zincs on that bad boy and bond them up. Would last forever. My dad has an all aluminum 75ft purse seine commercial fishing boat. It's really low maintenance and requires no paint. Plus aluminum is softer than fiberglass and steel, so it would bend before breaking if it was ever hit.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-03-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
hats off to them for stepping outside the box. i think it looks sweet.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       07-03-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
Anyone know how much they retail for?
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-03-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
Here is some info I got from Chuck at Pavati

21' is no problem and probably wouldn't have the built in chair anyways.
The chair is not legal to ride in while your underway.
We can do the bow without the forks no problem. Working without molds has advantages.
Pricing depends on motor and options but you could get into a 21' for around 65k
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-20-2013, 5:47 PM Reply   
So has anyone got one?
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-20-2013, 7:59 PM Reply   
Here is a video of the boat in action.

http://vimeo.com/pavatiwakeboardingb...aking-the-mold
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-21-2013, 4:57 AM Reply   
I am curious too. I have yet to see or here about one outside of the website.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-21-2013, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post

Since Im' never going to buy one - I might as well enjoy their promo video being crammed full of racked out blondes..

Wake looks good at speed
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-21-2013, 6:42 AM Reply   
i talked with him last year... it was right around 60k for a complete 21 ft boat with trailer... it is interesting... and the fact that its aluminum means they can make hull modifications after its sold to you... i bet they would be very open to making some mods for close to at cost if it would help progress their R&D for future buyers builds
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-21-2013, 7:06 AM Reply   
Wouldn't everything just be hotter than hell?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-21-2013, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
Wouldn't everything just be hotter than hell?
No.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-21-2013, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
I'm pretty sure aluminum is conductive which to me would be scary in places that have occasional thunder heads or Florida .

Would most likely be a good thing. If lightning was to strike the boat, or around the boat, the electricity would pass through the path of least resistance....... ie. the boat, instead of your body. If the lightning was to strike in that area, and you were in a FG boat, it could very well strike you, and then arc to the water. The human body has less electrical resistance than the air does. It might make the boat an easier target for lightning, however, it would be safer on average.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-21-2013, 8:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
Would most likely be a good thing. If lightning was to strike the boat, or around the boat, the electricity would pass through the path of least resistance....... ie. the boat, instead of your body. If the lightning was to strike in that area, and you were in a FG boat, it could very well strike you, and then arc to the water. The human body has less electrical resistance than the air does. It might make the boat an easier target for lightning, however, it would be safer on average.
Aren't like 90% of fishing boats and 100% of john boats made of aluminum? Just becauase this isn't common practice in the wake market doesn't mean it's not commonplace in boat building. Tons of aluminum boats on the waters.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-21-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Since Im' never going to buy one - I might as well enjoy their promo video being crammed full of racked out blondes..
the short haired brunette with the huge rack...smokin hot!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-21-2013, 8:51 AM Reply   
Jeeze. If they would just paint the damn boat black below the rubrail, get rid of all the skulls and barbed wire all over the interior, maybe the boat would be a bit more attractive. I know it's all personal preference, but I don't tend to see a "TAPOUT!!!" stickers next to "Liquid Force" or "Hyperlite" stickers on rear windows. I like the concept, I really do. I just wish the marketing was a bit more classy and less Ed Hardy'ish.

I mean, if you're going to go full Ed Hardy, then where's the stipper pole in the bow? They've got children sitting on the back of the boat while a rider's being towed, why now have "Summer" or "Cinnemon" hanging upside down on the pole in the bow at the same time?

Last edited by chattwake; 02-21-2013 at 8:54 AM.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-21-2013, 8:56 AM Reply   
Now that I think about it, what marketing genius! "You won't mind waiting to fill your surf sacs, just sit back in the transom lap dance chair and let "Peaches" do her thing."
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-21-2013, 9:12 AM Reply   
While they are removing the Ed Hardy graphics, they should make the hose flat like the Supreme's and it will be a hit.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-21-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
Tower does colapse, you can opt out of the graphics, and he prob will change any part of the nose you want. Would I buy one? Only if my main body of water was Salt or Brackish. It does put out a good wakeboard wake and Chuck has dialed in the surf wake pretty well. It was used at the polar bear last year, so go to wake9 and get the reviews from everyone who rode behind it, that should help a bit with any purchase decisions someone might have.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-21-2013, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I don't tend to see a "TAPOUT!!!" stickers next to "Liquid Force" or "Hyperlite" stickers on rear windows
LON has already bought two of these boats, all with cash of course!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-21-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
Man, I wish someone would internet ninja a "Where are they now" for XStar Ryan, Level 10 Gymnast and LON.
Old     (Brearly_Mason)      Join Date: Nov 2012       02-21-2013, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Aren't like 90% of fishing boats and 100% of john boats made of aluminum? Just becauase this isn't common practice in the wake market doesn't mean it's not commonplace in boat building. Tons of aluminum boats on the waters.
I have been in many aluminum boats and can say I would love a aluminum wakeboat...

Old     (bigd1031)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-21-2013, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Man, I wish someone would internet ninja a "Where are they now" for XStar Ryan, Level 10 Gymnast and LON.
+1 That would be great!!!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-21-2013, 1:05 PM Reply   
Here is another video of the Pavati 24' boat with Ragboy from Wake9. It shows how the tower folds down along with an interview with the owner of the company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UylaejvBz5g
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-21-2013, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by runin90lx View Post
Reading my mind
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-21-2013, 2:20 PM Reply   
Ok, after watching that last video, I'm pulling more for these guys. Pretty innovative.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-21-2013, 3:06 PM Reply   
Its a pretty rare opportunity to get to build a boat directly with the owner of the company, I hope Ragboy has some good results with the surf wake and can get some orders going for Pavati. At first I was taken back with the Aluminum concept, but it starting to look like it might be a great option for people.

The tweaking of the hull is pretty amazing, someone can literally custom design the boat to meet there water sport needs.
Old     (buzzardmountainz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-22-2013, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by runin90lx View Post
werd!
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-22-2013, 3:11 PM Reply   
epic rack
Old     (axeman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-23-2013, 10:24 AM Reply   
Quote:

Which remix of the Chase and Status - TIme song is this?
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-20-2014, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
I clicked on the Pavati link, it looks like they have a 21, 22 and 24 foot model. I was curious if anyone has placed an order for one? I like the way they look, but cant figure out why they put a tower on it that appears to be permanently erect and not collapse??? Seems like they would limit there customer base for people who want to store the boat in the garage. There website has very little information on the boat, or any pictures that actually show a finished product.
Right now Pavati is only putting out the AL-24 model. They are in the process of putting out a 26 and 21 for the dealers.

We have had two in our showroom this summer. Sold one two weeks ago, we still have our demo boat, and another one is coming in 3 weeks.

They have now started wrapping their boats, so you can pretty much choose whatever your heart desires on the outside. They have 6 different interior color options.

The tower does collapse, it folds foward into the bow at about 6'10".

If you want to know more, ask away!

Here are a couple photos of the boats we have/had.
Attached Images

Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-20-2014, 1:16 PM Reply   
I live only a few miles from where they are made and have seen a few of the boats that went to UT and the Stop in Washington sitting in the yard. I keep meaning to stop in and see them up close. I was on the lake when they where doing the last video I kept my distance and let them do there thing but from what I saw they looked like a good boat. I will be selling my SA next season and will look at one of these pretty serious. Having the factory in my back yard is a big plus. I wasn't a fan of the the first boat they had up at PDX boat show mainly dash lay out and graphics but tone that down I think you could have a good looking boat that would last longer then I would.
Old     (fozz)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-22-2014, 7:37 PM Reply   
I saw one here on Okanagan Lake. Looks great.

Has anyone sat in one? It doesn't look like it has the best ergonomics..Looks square and rigid.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       08-22-2014, 8:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
No.
Racked out FTW
Old     (rockballer)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-23-2014, 7:30 AM Reply   
WOW... that rack is right in the drivers sight... would be hard to see around it that's for sure.... Really nice boat... Maybe give it a few year before looking into one after other ginnie pigs figure out all the bugs and they get their surf dialed in a little more. Always room for improvement.. especially on a new boat manufacture
Old     (surf68)      Join Date: Jul 2017       07-11-2017, 5:01 PM Reply   
Yes. Unreliable keeps on breaking down. Lots of great ideas but not worth moving away from main brands. Regret buying one.
Old     (surf68)      Join Date: Jul 2017       07-11-2017, 5:07 PM Reply   
Rack does completely block your side view. Wise ...let the ginnie pigs figure it out. Maybe in a few years, the bugs will be worked out. Very expensive experiment
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-11-2017, 5:11 PM Reply   
Spoke to a well known pro rider and heard the wake behind this this is mediocre at best.
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-11-2017, 7:14 PM Reply   
My brother was all set to get one. Flew out and took a test drive and hated it. Could not get the surf wave working, had cavitation issues and smelled oily (*whatever that means). So he took the safe way out and got a G23 and loves it.

His friend went ahead and got one and does not like it thus far. Vibrations and likely wrong prop to start with. Says he paid like $230k for it or something crazy like that.

So there you have it. Some dude's brother and the dudes brothers friend are not fans.
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       07-11-2017, 9:04 PM Reply   
^those dudes are bummed! Lmao!