Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (robmcfarland)      Join Date: May 2008       12-15-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
Has any one heard of mastercraft leasing the pat. for the gravity no pump pure vert ballast system?

Robby
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-15-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
Doubt it, MC doesn't copy, barrow, or in any way do any thing that's already been done. They are innovators 100%
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-15-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
Inventors of the tower brace
Old     (robmcfarland)      Join Date: May 2008       12-15-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
do you guys work for mastercraft........ represent them???. i didnt think so. I would say your comments/opinions are not qualified in any way, shape or form. I have seen an 09 options spec list with pure vert in it. can someone answer this post that has some legit info other than an opinion that mastercraft doesnt barrow or copy anything from any other boat companies. I believe correct craft pat. the tower. I do not believe that mastercraft invented perfect pass. or zero off.

people please.....
Old     (robmcfarland)      Join Date: May 2008       12-15-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
sarcasm does not transfer through typing..... so this is my disclaimer. hehe
Old     (hdchapman)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-15-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
Sounds like you answered your own question. If you saw it on a Mastercraft options spec sheet or brochure then I would say it is available
Old     (robmcfarland)      Join Date: May 2008       12-15-2008, 10:18 PM Reply   
It was a spec sheet from europe.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-16-2008, 5:41 AM Reply   
I went on a factory tour last week and I saw the Mastercraft Yacht and the innovative pure vert system.

Mastercraft told us all not to take any pictures of either but the tour guide winked when he said this.

I immediately took this gesture to heart and took as many pictures of both as I could, knowing that I would be the shiznit on Wakeworld once I posted them.

I would post the pics but Mastercraft is sending me a coupon so that I can get my pics developed for free. It will take a couple of weeks since the coupon is being shipped from Dubai.

Once I post these pics and post them on wakeworld... I will officially "have arrived"

I love you Mastercraft
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-16-2008, 5:54 AM Reply   
That is an awesome system. I would love to have 3000lbs fill that fast in my 236. If that was in the xstar look out. Nice job if mc picked it up
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-16-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
Don't worry.. It will only be a 750lb system because with their superior hull design you don't need extra ballast. The extra weight of the tower band aid will help sink the middle and front of the boat.
Old     (robmcfarland)      Join Date: May 2008       12-16-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
nO joke....... Mastercraft has always had the worst pump system IMO. This would truely fix one of the things i hated most about an otherwise pretty amazing boat. the X star.

Murphy you are already the man,
MAster craft..... this could be love!
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-16-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
I heard that the 72 piece band aid for the M-craft tower added 350lbs. That should help with adding weight to the boat.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-16-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
In all honesty, a few years back when I was selling M- Craft their was a " Buzz" going around about them adding this system to their boats. I herd rumors about them purchasing the patent and things along those lines, so it would not surprise me at all if this was true.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-16-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
Go to google and search "mastercraft pure vert". The result show some boats with a rear pure very system.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-16-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
Robby,

Sorry if my comment offended, it was meant a as joke. Just taking a little jab at MC in reference to the whole Tige/MC picklefork who-copied-who debate.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-16-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
the ad associated with this image says it but I don't see any ballast gates

http://www.luxmarine.com.au/image/boats/whiteys_boat_002_640x480_lux.jpg

There are a lot of mention of the "pure vert" system in a lot of ads but none of them seem to be the Pure Vert of MB and Calabria.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-16-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
It's possible in the future, I know that MC has toyed with the idea but as far as I know there is no pure vert offering for any 2009 boats. All MC's will continue to run Jabsco Ballast pumps for the KGB System.

I think this is a case of a dealer miswording their website.
Old     (robmcfarland)      Join Date: May 2008       12-16-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
"pure vert" is a pat. miswording it would be kinda a big deal. unauthorized use of trademarks or what not. We will all see when murphy has pics of gates.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-16-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
Did MB use that patent? I thought they had something similar in their boats.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-16-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
yes, MB does license the system. it's legit. Straight up, 2400 lbs would fill in about 90 seconds and drain in 45. You could load one side for surfing and just spend a minute and watch the boat slowly start to list. Plus, it's so simple.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-16-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
Im lost, what is pure vert?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-16-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYhawR_IU-E
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-16-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
Smoothest ballast system I've ever seen. Plus, no need to winterize or ever replace plumbing or pumps. If you live on a lake that has banned ballast, there's no evidence of a ballast system.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-16-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
Pure Vert Ballast System

How it Works:

This is a simple system that works on gravity. The nice thing about gravity is that it's free, it always works and it can't break down. The principle is simple - if you forget to put the drain plug in your boat - it will sink (fast!)

This system has two 3 1/2 inch holes under the water line of the boat. When the valves are open, water flows into the tanks located under the floorboard of the boat. Close the valves, and your ballast tanks are full. To empty system, open valves, plane boat and go slow.

How much easier can it get?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features:

• Uses 2 valves instead of 2 - 8 pumps

• Fills and empties in approximately 1 minute

• Takes less time to install

• Allows for storage/ski locker in the bow

• Allows you to quickly and easily adjust ballast to eliminate listing

• You can choose ballast from left or right for wake surfing in seconds

• For wake surfing, by filling one tank half full as the boat planes and the bow raises, this will force the remaining water in the tank to the rear of the boat, shaping the wake even better.

• Eliminate one of the biggest problems in ballast systems today ~ pump failure.

• Cost is about the same to install (including licensing fees)

• Allow you to choose the amount of water/weight as per customer request by the distance between bulkheads. As distance between bulkhead increases, the more ballast on board. (i.e. Team Riders = 3,000 lbs; General Public = 1,000 lbs)

• Placement of the ballast tanks over the center of gravity of the boat will push the boat down evenly, as opposed to pushing the bow and stern down independently.

• The motor and transom area will appear cleaner with the absence of bilge pumps, hosing, wiring, etc...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to show you, first hand, how well this ballast system will work in your boats.

I am willing to come to your factory and supply you with the necessary components, at no cost to you, and install the system in one of your boats with the assistance of a helper you will provide. An R & D, or used boat will be fine for this purpose.

Several wake board boat manufactures have committed to using this system in their '09 season. If you are interested in my offer, please contact me ASAP, as several OEM's are in the process of scheduling with me.

Consumer response has been very positive. The system's features are not only unique, they are effective. This helps to sell boats.

U.S. Patent Information
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-16-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
I went to Murphy's wedding this summer & he told us he had a major announcement coming soon..... a big boat manufacturer who was going to make boats with his PureVert system in them.

If it's not MC, then it's coming up.

Word is that Calabria will be losing it too.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-16-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
No one has ever told me what happens if the boat is full of ballast and dies.... are you stuck towing it, pulling out of the water and everything with another 3k in ballast?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-16-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Yes..... although I don't think any of the PV systems have 3k lbs in them. Calabria's was like 700 lbs. Bigger boats may be slightly more, but not that much.

We have pulled the Calabrias out a few times with the ballast full. Wasn't a problem. Brought the water home & washed off the driveway with it. But you will definitely need a truck with some grunt to make it happen.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-16-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
Well the Tomcat has 2400 so it's close.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-16-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
Yea, thats when the truck with grunt comes into play.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-16-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
So that should make it 4 different companies using it. Good move IMO, its a great system.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-16-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
What kind of valves do they use and where can I get them? My boat has tanks in the floor that I'd like to retrofit with such a system.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-16-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
The valves on my Pro V are gate valves
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-16-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
Calabria used to use a waste valve similar to one used on an RV. I don't know what brand name they used but this one should give you some idea.

Or here is the manual style.

Seems like anyone doing floor work should be adding this kind of system (like on an old Nautique 2001 or a Supra).

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on December 16, 2008)
Old     (scramison)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-16-2008, 10:38 PM Reply   
That sounds like a much better system. Somebody sat down and took all the problems out of the equation.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-17-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I'm definitely doing it to my boat. I'll have to find those nice 3" chrome flange fittings somewhere.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-18-2008, 5:17 AM Reply   
I wonder if the next generation Xstar's hull will be designed to accommodate built in ballast storage between the hull and liner. To me, this is the direction all manufacturers should head. Especially when the boat is designed with this system in mind, as opposed to a retrofit.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       12-18-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
Didn't the 09's already come out? Is there a chance that MC will start putting purevert in their line half way through the season