Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-12-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
I am thumbing through 1000's of pictures from this summer and couldn't resist. These shots were taken at our first wakeboard contest here in Denver. I'm sure Gary and Jimmy hated their visit to Denver.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bradmo42)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-12-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
is that a fat joke?
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       10-12-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
Nice boat!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-12-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
There was a boat???
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-12-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
Another Epic post with no wake pics.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-12-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
why is the boat listing to the right? :-)
Old    murrayair            10-12-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
I doubt I'd even notice if there was a wake in those pics.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-12-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
more cc's on the right.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-12-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
i see nothing i have never seen before, sounds like its been a little slow for you lately
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-12-2008, 10:31 PM Reply   
Okay jonny we get it, you dont have to post twice to express how you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-12-2008, 10:39 PM Reply   
your just jealous because he has more hotties on his boat than you do don't trip!!!

on the other hand sick boat and i LOVE the ballast!
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-12-2008, 10:45 PM Reply   
EXACTLY scott i think its starting to get to him haha

every time I look at these new epics I want one!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-12-2008, 10:58 PM Reply   
twitch, i thought you had pops dropping the dime on a vlx? whats it gonna be son? were waiting.............
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-12-2008, 11:00 PM Reply   
Does that come factory? Looks expensive to run.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-12-2008, 11:13 PM Reply   
Negative ghost rider, at least not yet, its gonna be a vlx or an epic, we're goin down to san diego to check out the epic factory soon and figure it out after that. Whatever its turns out to be I'm excited no matter what.
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-12-2008, 11:18 PM Reply   
Isnt Twitch the guy with pic of all the sausage on the boat? So I guess he gets a little seeing chicks.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/634562.html?1223868158

(Message edited by bucnoles on October 12, 2008)
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-13-2008, 1:12 AM Reply   
those boats look like they are from 1993. whats the deal with the speakers?

i am familiar with epic as a company.... but that boat looks like it was manufactured 10+ years ago.

j.m.o.
Old     (kevin_m)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-13-2008, 3:13 AM Reply   
I LOVE EPIC BOATS!!!!
on the rare occasion that i get to ride behind one it is so much fun. The wake is massive and kicks you straight up into the air. The speakers on the back are kinda cool i.m.o. cause its out of the ordinary and different making epic boats unique. plus i mean come on what kind of wakeboarder doesnt want 4000 pounds of stock ballast, the wake is super solid too. ahhhh man a 23v is definatly gonna be my next boat. They may look a little different then most boats these days but once you ride behind one of those bad boys there is no turning back.
Old     (ridinonair)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-13-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
shoot, typically the girls I have around aren't big enough to disturb the wake, horrible balast if I have to supply it, I would need at least 4 more "bags" then I got.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-13-2008, 7:43 AM Reply   
Hey Jonny WakeLV.com know how i know you're gay
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-13-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
i think i have seen this boat before! lake meade? it looked JUST likeit. with out the girls though. all the riders where intense! bavk rolld and fronn rolld like every trick. it was awesome
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-13-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
Why is epic feeling the hate lately? Especially for looking different.

Has no one seen CC's new FC3 tower, very different, and most think it's ugly as hell.

Tige's new tower is just an imitation of either a MC tower or an illusion tower, and their pickle fork is way to over exagerated.

MC and Malibu have always had a super different look, I love them both, but the boar looking different is part of the sales pitch, and the reason there are so many boat companies out there.

Epic's have a different look, and a fat wake, except it! lol
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-13-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
I agree. Although the Epics do look different, that is what sales and marketing is all about. Its not about having a product that looks just like 8 other companies, its about seperating yourself and having features that are unique to your company. Malibu has the illusion X tower, Mastercraft has the bow that utilizes more cubic feet, ha i dont know exactly what it is called. Tige just decided to try and copy of both them. Now granted I havent had the chance to ride behind an epic yet, but 4k in ballast stock!! How can you complain about that?And if the speakers being located down by the swim platform are just as effective as those on the tower, I think its a pretty sweet set up!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-13-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
I suppose I should chime in on my own post. This post was just supposed to be funny with the girls for ballast but talking specifics...

As far as the wake goes, Epic is awesome and among the best! I currently own a 2008 MasterCraft X-Star (which IMHO, is highly overrated for the retail cost). There are at least 3-4 other boats that are a much better value, the Epic being 1 of them. I've also owned 6 Nautiques, and 1 Malibu VLX. I would say the Epic wake (even though Gary will kill me for saying this) is very similar in shape to the 1999-2004 Super Air we all loved so much - except much bigger. I rode it at 85 feet and would have loved 5-10 more feet. Although, I wouldn't say this boat is super beginner friendly, that's not their target market anyway. This boat is for the core of our sport and/or those who like to spin. For those of you on small puddles of lakes (like us) the Epic turns and handles great! I would highly encourage any of you to include this boat as one to at least test drive and/or ride behind to get your own opinion.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-13-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
Jeremy I had a reasonable explanation after that, its very rare that the ratio hot dog to taco is less then 1:2, normally i cant even leave the drivers seat cause of T & A all ova! haha
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-13-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
NEVER call a girl ballast.
i learned that the hard way
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-13-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
Alex ellaborate this has got to be a good one!
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-13-2008, 6:02 PM Reply   
haha, had a group of people at my cottage and i was trying to motivate them to come out on the boat (it wasnt a very nice day), and the girls were a little hesitant, but i kept on urging them, untill my mom walked in and said "he only wants you for ballast"
needless to say, they didnt end up coming on the boat.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-13-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
I actually really like the way the boat looks and I've only heard great things about Epic. I think the speakers there are cool looking but I would be afraid of them being to close to the water and getting wet. I know they are marine grade but water can ruin anything.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-13-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
"Hey Jonny WakeLV.com know how i know you're gay"

Because we made out last night?
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-14-2008, 5:15 AM Reply   
Its a well known fact that, per cubic inch, Silicone weighs more than water...
Old     (dirtydirty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-15-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
Epic is the worst boat i've ever been on! The wake was horrible, everything else about the boat sucked! I rode behind an 08 epic and an 09 epic at expo - i wish i had more hands to give that boat 4 thumbs down. To bad they didn't have ballast like this at expo
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-15-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
I don't understand why Epic boats randomly have people trying to degrade their product, probably some stuck up CC owners or something.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-15-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
wow NA, no negativity there lol
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-15-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Nice alex! Mom gave you away huh? thats awesome! I thought you saw a huge chick and just yelled "Hey hottie we need some extra ballast"
Old     (dirtydirty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-15-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
I don't own a boat, I just ride.. alot. And the whole epic company is full of BS, they don't have a clue and make wakeboarding look bad
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-15-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
Oh yeah...shame on Epic for making wakeboarding look bad. Damn those people for finally building a boat that looks different, with enough ballast finally, and a motor big enough to pull it. Damn them for sponsoring local riders and local events too.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-15-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
NA ~~ Did you sign up a bunk account just to start a boat WAR?
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-15-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
Na could you x-plain what was so bad about it? Just curious I ride behind an 07 pretty much weekly and the wake is nice. It's pretty lame with the witch hunt that goes on around here when EPICS are brought up. I guess not being a sheep isnt cool
Old     (dirtydirty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-15-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
I could start a list with everything thats wrong with the boat......
1. The board racks drag in the water when the boat turns
2. The 4000 lbs of ballast is a joke, I've seen better wakes on an unweighted natique or x-star - their wake curls over 15 ft in front of where you ride at
3. The lame ass speakers that you can't even hear when you ride, we rode in the new 09 boat and it smelled like the amp was frying and we didn't even have the music turned up
4. The toeside wake washed out no matter what
5. Dual rutters - really??
6. Lame reps who don't know anything about riding telling you BS the whole time
7. Lame double ups
8. The front fits exactly 1.5 people
9. The trim tabs didn't do a thing
10. The perfect pass didn't work on either epic I rode on
I could go on.......
And yes I started an account to share this with you because I think it's important to stop this company from continuing to make this boat. I felt like an ass just riding in it. Let the flaming begin - i'm going ride

(Message edited by dirtydirty on October 15, 2008)
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-15-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
NA ~~ Even better, can you still go on?

1. You got to have the tower up when riding?
2. You need to speed up and not ride at 17 MPH?
3. When you dry pee make sure you don't piss on the speakers before riding?
4. Tell your 1.5 friend in the front to shift over?
5. That is in the back under the boat?
6. Say hi to GARY as he takes most of his time to travel with EPIC.
7. It's the driver bro?
8. Refer to #4?
9. Your right you need to be on plain, refer to #2.
10. You need to turn the power on before your buddie in the water yells "HIT IT!"

Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-15-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
and where did you find an 09 EPIC at EXPO? The only one there was sitting inside.
Old     (dirtydirty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-15-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
They let us demo it sunday, they wanted us to be a distributor for the South - that's not gonna happen
although the name is right on - cause that boat is an EPIC FAILURE
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-15-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
1. The board racks drag in the water when the boat turns

come on man... seriously?
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-15-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
let me see So they wanted Rukus Boardshop to be the distributor? Good try. The 09 that I drive has none of the problems you speak of. I have never had a board rack drag in the water. You must have really rolled the boat over to have that happen. You say you couldn't hear the speakers but then you said you never had them turned up? Your x star fits How many people up front? The lame double ups might be the rider failing to hit it right. The GPS smart tow (not perfect Pass)works like a dream and does not surge like other brands when loaded. The trim tab did nothing is a complete idiot statement. As far as the toe side wake being washy move some people and set the boat up right. Our's is clean on both sides. And your right it does not have dual "rutters" because Epic uses Rudders to control there boats. As far as the Lame Reps the only part that is lame is that they spend time take losers like yourself out on the boat. Go sell skateboards.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-15-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
Wow NA I'm glad you work for Rukus. Giving your company a great name.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-15-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
From my experience, if the boat is not properly weighted, those trim tabs won't do anything for you. So, if there is too much weight in the back, that trim tab is defeated. $.02
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-15-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
this is fun!
Old     (hcal)      Join Date: May 2008       10-15-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
I couldn't agree more with Ben.

Are you sure Epic wanted you to be a distributor down south?

I know they all ready have dealers down there and a shop called Xtreme Thredz has a boat also.

I don't think Epic would ever pursue someone like you to be a distributor. They have better taste than that.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-15-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
Na every boat has its problems but the listed is far fetched, get off the pipe.

Oh yea quit acting like a bitter prom queen.....
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-15-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
Maybe he didnt get to be the distributor and thats why he's mad. haha.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-15-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
nice ben that was dope!!!!, you lit him up!!!!!!! i take it na is out on a xstar demo and he's going to tell us it use's to much gas and the wake is to big

man this fake account weak sauce s--t is so g-a-y. tell it how it is, tell how you feel, but say it straight up not like a bizatch.

we need a thread where all the fake posters of the past can come together and just blab to each other about usless s--t and cry on each others shoulders.

"im so scared of saying what i feel on the internet"

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-15-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
NA's 4 posts make him reputable

I rode behind an epic -- it was amazing.
Everything about the boat is made for people who wakeboard and nothing but that, and its about time.

NA most likely got shot down by epic because he is a D-bag and now is bitter....

Didn't see his not being a dealer was already suggested.... but it should be said again.

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on October 15, 2008)
Old     (dirtydirty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-15-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
Ok, well I leave for a few hours and get called out like that....
I'm not making this stuff up, We went and rode on the new Epic at Expo - right in front of Shaq's house actually - and it was by far the worst riding experience of my summer. We went on their boat, about 7 of us, with over 80 years of wakeboard experience between us all and nobody could find one good thing about this boat. (and then they want us to sell these things!@#@)

Ben C, Just because I have a rukus e-mail doesn't mean I work for them... I've been riding for over 10 years - I know how to hit a double up. I don't own a boat so I go on any boat, any time, any where. I know what a wake should and shouldn't be.

I encourage everyone to go ride behind an Epic and see for yourself. I've ridden behind one twice and each time has been more of a failure. I'm starting to think that Epic makes the most expensive tubing boat ever... I mean you know its bad when pro riders are in the boat with all their gear (and some photographers) and we all want to go back to the dock!

We tried everything to get the wake right - let some ballast out the back, out the front, move people around, shorten rope, go faster, go slower, trim tabs, 2 people standing in the front (cause 2 people can't sit) yadda yadda, this boat is a brick in the water. Give me a basstracker over an EPIC, at least I can ride behind one of those - and fish!
and before I get called out again, i just went for a quick wakeskate sesh behind the jetski
Old     (dirtydirty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-15-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
** and Epic boats should come with free Moose boards and straps!
The moose is loose
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-15-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
NA ~~ Your posts are getting better and better! Let's see any pictures that you took on this demo, I'm sure you whole shop could not make it down and you wanted to explain why you liked or disliked the boat.
How about you check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It5d0L9KRt and see a good behind the scene to the making of a pretty great film using EPIC Wakeboats. I really don't know why a company would waist so much time and money to make a film using these boats if they didn't perform. Forget what your looking at but check out the extent they went with film and photo to make this happen.

P.S.
Check out Chick Flick for some EPIC riding!
Old     (dirtydirty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-15-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It5d0L9KRtU

is the link you meant. I saw the chick flick
The only thing worst than girls wakeboarding - is watching girls wakeboard
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-15-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
Soooo 80yrs of experience and you couldnt get the wake right? really
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-15-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-15-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
im willing to bet those girls are way better than you. and whats wrong with them wakeboarding, its a turn on for me :-)
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-15-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
ok, i hate to agree with NA, but that video was awful. Not so much the riding, definitely not because of the Hoffman sisters(they rip)..., the boats are nice as well, but who did the editing? Gr.7 computer class? and to top it off the music sucked. Wow, I have never had so many negative things to say about a wakeboard video. Are you sure Jake Thomas didn't put this one together??

Hijack over and out
Old     (dirtydirty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-15-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
Shane - That's what I said!
I have nothing against girls riding, I just wouldn't buy a video with just girls in it. Ride with style people!! Peace out
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-15-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
oh, i get it, it was a behind the scenes movie.that would explain why i saw so much boom. ok, maybe it wasn't so bad then. music stills sucked though.hahah
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-15-2008, 5:18 PM Reply   
hate to defend him ... but like at around 5:30, it looks like the racks almost hit, or its just a weird angle
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-15-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
"any boat, any where, any time," lol.............well i can tell you this your not welcome in my boat on the delta at all!!!!!!!

oh and second malibu^^^^^^^^^ come on big guy drop the names what pro's let it out you will feel better. other wise this is just a big joke. in fact the more i read your post's the funnier they get.

and whats wrong with you? you dont like watching chicks ride? your not one of those funny lifestyle kinda guys are you?

this is either:

a joke.....
you got black balled from the industry and your pissed.
or got spanked by a chick in a comp riding behind an epic.
your an idiot!!!!!
or again, its a joke.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-15-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
i saw an epic at lake buena vista last weekend and the wake seemed huge and pretty clean from what i saw, they didnt make any power turns so i cant say anything about the racks and the water, but the wake looked big and solid to me, and i have seen quite a few wakes considering i worked at a mastercraft dealership for a year and a half before they closed
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-15-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
All those on this thread that are getting money from Epic in some way, please stand up...oh that would be you Heather.

And I think Epic could have better taste by hiring employees that don't talk negative about others on the web, especially when they don't know what they are talking about...unless you are in charge of distributorships at Epic...oh no, you are not, you are the 'team mascot'...no sorry 'team manager'.

Sorry couldn't resist this post.
Old     (dubitup20i)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-15-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
I hate to complain but that that one girls top isnt matching
Old     (ckkohl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-15-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
hahaha^^^
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-15-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
Well I'm out... I can't even post a link right. NA let's ride when you get to utah! No EPIC but EPIC conditions...
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-15-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
I was about to call out this douche out after his first post but I decided to leave it to you guys and your doing a great job I'm pretty sure epics dont bank over an farther then our deep v donzi so there is no way the racks could hit the water. I dont see why you have to be so dam negative about it, you sound like a little kid whose candy didnt taste the way he wanted it to. You can share your opinion about it but sht take a chill pill on the hate man.
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-15-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
All the epic boats I have been in...which is a lot. Have been great. Try them for yourself. Don't listen to my opinion or anyone else. Make your own opinion.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-28-2008, 8:40 PM Reply   
I rode behind the Epic a few times this past summer, It kicks a$$! the wake is sick once it's dield in 4000 lbs, trim tap @ 3/25, speed @ 26.5 for me. Everyone one else that got pulls on the boat say it's one of the best wakes to hit. NA, if you have ten years exp, you should have know how to set the boat up for a sick session. And your remark about girls riding ?????? Why dont you like to watch chicks ride???? are you light in the loffers, do ya tip toe through the tullips
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-28-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
... got sugar in your tank...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-29-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
WOW! I had not looked at this thread since the pics where posted! HOW AWESOME IS THIS! Man i just wasted 20 minutes reading it all.

I have never ridden behind an EPIC, they look cool and I have heard nothing but good things about them. The only thing I can relate to that "NA" posted was the Lame Rep comment. The Midwest reps are total non-wakeboard morons. At least the guy I talked to.
Old     (dirtydirty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-29-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
Thanks man, People think i'm making this stuff up.... The rep that was trying to sell us on these boats "didn't know how to build a wake", whatever that means. I guess their wakes are like erector sets or something. Just don't sit against the back cause when the boat turns you will get soaked!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-29-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
Is it just me or are those girls really not that hot...? Guess I'm just lucky to live in NorCal
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-30-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
Granny Panties???

Come on... set those cheeks free!
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-31-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
Let's change the tome back to what this was about. BALLAST.

Show what your ungranny panty ballast looks like.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-31-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
Steezyshots, i'm with you........